Thread: Tacon 4074 motor upgrade

Default Tacon 4074 motor upgrade

I just got my tacon 4074 motor to replace my stock motor and an esc coming, but I am looking at the motor and the motor shaft is longer than the stock motor, and the couplet won't go down as far as it does on the stock motor, will this affect the way it mounts with the stock motor mount? I can try and think of a better way to word this and if I do think of one I will post it up
    Edit: Is the SHORT motor coupler that octura makes a fix for my problem? A little more info for the post, the motor couple seems like it is gonna sit to close if not touching the stuffing tube (I think it is)
    Last edited by Megabiker98; 01-11-2013 at 08:32 PM.

i had to cut mine with a dremel you will have to do that to make it work just measure twice cut once
    Im Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What You Understand

when i say cut i mean the motor shaft is what i cut

Quote Originally Posted by MAMBA2200 View Post
    when i say cut i mean the motor shaft is what i cut
    ok about how far did u cut it?? 2 mm 3mm??

yep it was about that like i said measure twice and cut once glad you made it here buddy

Quote Originally Posted by MAMBA2200 View Post
    yep it was about that like i said measure twice and cut once glad you made it here buddy
    I am gonna wait for my new motor mount to come in, the old bolts started to strip so I decided to get new bolts but the only way to do that was to buy new mount, Can't do anything till I get that but if rather be safe then have to buy new shaft hahaha

Alright got the motor mount all setup and figured away, and I've got my esc plan all set up, if I end up buying my esc from hobbypartz for 65 then I'm gonna do that but if they don't have it in stock I'm gonna get it from offshore electrics and ge the 180 amp for 15$ more! Can't hurt!

Tape off all of the open "ports" and screw holes on your motor or put it in a ziplock bag with just the shaft sticking out through a hole and tape off around the hole in the bag where the shaft is sticking out of it, before you cut the shaft .... keeps all of the debri out of the motor!