Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MHZ Mystic 56" Mono

Electric surf board!
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Looking good!!

i see you have started the job I need to get to on mine, fitting the bulk heads and stringers. did you use the age old technique of pencil and calliper to transfer the shape of a more technical way? (i would love to get use of one of the digital scanning arms to make a perfect fit to mine but not sure of the correct name of it and cant find one on google in my area)

also what shaft centres did you choose to run with?

Jason

Cardboard and pencil, with alot of trimming, fitting& trimming, fitting & trimming. Had to even start over a few times.

My centers are 79mm apart. And thats fine I probably woun't ever run anything larger than a 65mm prop. I might try a 70mm, but from everything I've read. With talkin with guys that have run 70mm Props. And from emailing the PS and other prop shops. They all say 70mm and above are just Amp hogs.

Got the backing plate in and I'll start on the rails and motor mount tomorrow.

This sure is not pro's work by any means. But its not bad, for being my first build. The progress up to now. Got the motors all put together, and let me tell you. The MBP collets are some nice peice's of art. Plus they are very light. Water jackets are polished, and the rear motor supports are also from MBP there CF. I do have a question, does it matter if the motor wires from one motor touch the other motor wires?

Plus in the above picture, as you can see the rear ring are not attached to the hull. Gong to cut some CF plate, maybe 2 or 3 layers stepped with a peice of CF cloth ove it, to keep it all neat.

And the section that will surround the motors, still need some refinement to fit the way I want them. And the plate behind the motors, I still need to drill some access hole. So I can get to the rear support bolts. And from where the rails are, up to the side of the hull at an angle. Will be another CF plate, just trying to make it look cleaner.

Looking good buddy and yes tge MBP collets are the best out there. I never seen something so precise. About the motor wires i had a twin 1717 setup at first I had motor wires touching and when I had power to only one motor there was some glitching into the second motor with no power. I spun the motors around and the problem disappeared. I dont know if it was just a coincidence or not.

Thanks Chris

Here's a couple more pictures. I just layed the 2 front rails, up on top. Just to give you an idea of what it will lokk like when its done.

Wow thats nice n clean looking I am liking this build

Very nice Jason

But you bought the motor mount from mhz, why you didn't use it ?

Baby Sv43 / 2 x TP 5660 1100Kv / 8S / SF240A

Quote Originally Posted by PF3X View Post
    Very nice Jason

But you bought the motor mount from mhz, why you didn't use it ?
    I did, that what the motors are mounted to. I just modifed it to the way I wanted to use it

where is the hardware from? It looks great, interested to see what else is available.

They are from wd200

Baby Sv43 / 2 x TP 5660 1100Kv / 8S / SF240A

This is before I epoxied in the motor area. I almost messed up, the other night. I was about to epoxt the rails and the rib in. When I thought, how in the hell will I ever get the rear motor support bolts out to remove the motors. Thats why you can see the two holes in the rib.

I got the motor area all boxed in and epoxied in place. With a butt load of CF cloth for reinforcement. Thank you Keith and Joel, on recommending the 406 silica filler. And Joel for the graphite powder, to make the epoxy black. Without the filler, I was starting to wonder what I was going to use to epoxy my vertical joints and not have it run. All the joints are reinforced on the back side. And the front side that everyone will see, I made the epoxy thick enough not to sag and run. I use the end of a wooden stir stick to get it into the joints. Then I used my finger inside a rubber glove. To drag the seam like you do when your using silicone on some thing. I think it came out fairly nice. Granted its not near as nice as some of the builds on here. But I'll get better.

U did a damn good job and I myself consider this to be one of the nicer builds so u can erase your last comment lol

Thanks for the vote of confidence Chris. This build isn't up to par with some of the builds I have seen on here. But give me time, I'll get better. But its not to bad for a first build. Chris yourbuild's are top notch. What's sad I'm already thinking of the next boat I wanna build.

Once you start u cant stop. I built about 30 or more boats in the past 3-4 years it never ends and what really sux is that u started with an top notch boat so now alll u can do is buy better and better. U will never want to go backwards and build something cheaper. Atleast thats how it is for me lol

I want what you have coming. But my next one might be a MHZ cat, or CRC Mystic sport, or the CT04 copy they are going to make.

Yeah man the mhz mystic is a sweet hull

You've done a good job there!
    I like the motor wires -esc wires to be visible cause it is easier to check them.
    I do like the mystic from CRC but it is build with polyetser so my choice is the carbon cevlar from mhz.
    I know there is a price difference but you don't build every day those monsters.

The quality of MHZ is very high as my avatar is mhz.

Wow this thing is awesome, can't wait to see it on the water. Power should just be awesome from what I have heard those things are nearly identical to 2028, one would suffice for most monos you've taken it to another level! Anyway Jason have you decided on what size props you're running? This thing should laugh at most gaser props.

The Prop Shop suggested the 6015/3 for it. And Keith Bradley had these same motors in his 73" Mystic. He said the biggest he went was 70mm and they was some power hungery props. More than Likely tomorrow I'm ordering from the PS the 6015/3, 6017/3, and 6516/3. Plus I'm gonna start out with something in the x457-x460 2 blade props.

I finally got some time to work on it today. Made the battery tray up, and on the bolts that will bolt down the cover. They will have blue trim washers to dress it up under the hatch. I'm tossing the idea around in my head. When I send it off to Steve for paint. Letting bring some of the paint theme inside the boat. The battery cover might get painted. Plus I trew up one of the side covers, just to see what it will look like when I get done.

Now it's time for me to get busy and get in my front bulkhead, side rails, and the battery box. All tonight. Let me know if I should leave the inside all CF? Or get some of it painted?

Awsome build! I would like to try these motors out in not only in a boat build but in a 1/5 4x4 truck build that I have started.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

I'm just about done with the building aspect of this build. Just waiting for a select few parts to arive. Then its off to paint. Just showing you guys where I'm at on the build.

And I just thought that these blue connectors, would tie into the paint. Plus under each of the bolts on the inside of the hull. Will all have blue anodized finishing washers under them.

Granted after I get it back from paint. I'll have to mock up the side plate that are removable for the esc's to sit on.

Very nice Jason!!!! My only question is, do you have to remove 9 screws to get the lipos out?? I'm just thinking if you ever had a bad day and they started to puff/smoke, would be nice to be able to remove them quick..... I think at smoking stage though I'd run lol

Keep up the nice work, I love this hull.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Man she looks damn good

Thank Kent, I know during all my testing. I won't have the cover on there. I'll have them all secured with velcro. And I'll be running Dinogy batteries. But after I get everything on the setup right. I'll start putting the cover on. But I might just bolt down the 4 corners. And make the other 5 bolt just dummy bolts for looks. 4 bolts will be better than 9 bolts.

Thanks Chris

I think we'll start seeing quite a few more big monos now. I'm really curious what kind of speeds this thing will be capable of reaching. Some of the best workmanship out there I'm sure Zavarsky at MHZ would be proud lol. I'm not sure how weather is for you right now Jason we're all anticipating the maiden. I ran my boat today in cold water, after checking the temp of my lipos I pointed my temp gun at the water and saw 37 degrees lol.

I'm still waiting on my escs to come in. But instead of waiting on them. I might go ahead and send it to paint. Steve at Airbrush Alley painted my green fantasm. And he's painting this one also. He said turnaround time will be 30-45 days. So more than likely its getting sent out this week for paint

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast