Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MHZ Mystic 56" Mono

Default MHZ Mystic 56" Mono

I'm going to build a MHZ Mystic Study 7700 it's a 56" mono. For the drives, rudder, and trim tabs. Its all going to be werner. For power I'm going to run twin 528's beast motor. And I was trying to decide on which ESC to run. A SF 300pro+ or a CC200hv. I had got a SF 300pro+ for my FC Fantasm, and that thing is huge. So I think I will be going with CC200HV on the mystic. This build will take me a couple of months, cause I'm still buying parts. Just bare with me, cause I will be asking a bunch of questions on this build.

First off, I had the boat delivered to Keith Bradley. For the water inlets, CF inlay inside the hull and on the hatch. Plus I had Keith put in the hatch bolt.

There was an older post on here about this hull. And everyone was saying they couldn't find any pictures of it. So Here you go.

15.jpg6.jpg16.jpg5.jpg7.jpg

Here's some more
    8.jpg13.jpg11.jpg9.jpg2.jpg

That.... is a great looking hull!

Thanks rumdog, the photo's don't do it justice. The hull is just plain sexy to me. I won't be starting on this build for a couple of weeks. I'm ordering my hardware next friday.

Looks like a great start. should be a fast boat.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Really nice :)

Baby Sv43 / 2 x TP 5660 1100Kv / 8S / SF240A

Quote Originally Posted by PF3X View Post
    Really nice :)
    Didn't you sell your mystic?

Yes I sold it :)
    It was a really nice hull :)

Ok guys I need your help. In the pictures below I have the motor mount in with the motors attached just for mock up. The motor mount will be 1" towards the rear. From where there sitting now. Kinda hard to break out the power sander at 6am when everybody is a sleep. And where the esc is, it will accually be sitting on a plate. Like what I did on my fantasm. I figure in this configuration, the esc to motor wires will be very short.

I didn't think I would have room for the big SF esc, but it looks like I will. Do you guys like the looks with the SF? Or do you think it would look better with the CC 200HV? I was leaning toward the CC. But now I think the SF would look better. Plus it give me more head room on amps. And with all the wires run under the CF plate it will be mounted to. It should really have a clean look when its done. Let me know what you guys think

18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg

Here's what I did in my FC Fantasm with the SF 300. Originally I had a FC 16s 300 esc under the plate. I took the original esc cover, and cut some holes in the plate to let the wires pass thru it.
    111.jpg11.jpg

Great looking hull jason good luck with the build

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    Great looking hull jason good luck with the build
    Thank you, right now I'm kinda stalled out. Waiting till friday to order my hardware.

I'm kinda thinking out loud today, and decided to cut up some card board. Now you'll have to use your imagination with this. Cause all these pic's are of cut outs.

First off is the motor mount & the rear stingers that are at 7" apart. That will tie in the motor mount to the rear transom. Plus I don't show it, but I was also thinking of taking a 1 1/2" CF tube about 5" long. And cut it down the middle and epoxy it to the floor. So it makes a tunnel for all the water line and other wires to run thru. To keep it clean.

Next up is the same 7" stinger width in the motor/esc area. And there is a cut out in the bottom of the stinger for the water lines & esc wires to pass thru.

And the stingers keep going on towards the front of the boat another 15" to tie into another bulk head. Plus I was thinking of placing a plate between the rails. Where it would be like a battery box. CF plate on all 4 sides, and a bottom plate so I could strap the batteries down. And try to figure out a way for a top plate to the battery box. Where the batteries won't move around during a crash.

And in these next 4 photos. I was thinking of a peice of CF plate that would go all the way from the transom to the forward bulk head. Plus tie the stingers into the side of the hull. And in the pictures, where I have the ESC placed. I would cut out the CF plate where the wires will pass thru the plate. Where the esc would mount flat. And its a tight fit.

There will be an area 6-8" around the esc that will be removable. Plus back where the RX/Servo is will also be removible.

These are just ideas. Not set on anything yet.

I like it man looks well sorted out

Hmmm, so nice

looks to be a very nice lay-out! I'm thinking that this will be a very strong hull that will last a long time.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Very nice Jason
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    Very nice Jason
    Thank, I've been working with my buddy, on cutting the CF plate. I'm not sure he will be able to cut it. I still might send you the templets for you to cutout

Did you order your hardware ? Werner will be in hollidays for 3 weeks

Yea I ordered it this morning. Along with some collets and rear motor supports from MBP

Great, the scale strut are very vice :)

Trying to get some of your guys opinions on my hardware placement. This is my first full build, and just trying to get all the info I can before I drill the hull.

So far with talking to some guys on another forum, I'm going to move my trim tabs down closer to the bottom of the hull. Right now I have them 3mm from the bottom. I'm going to move the to 2mm up. Plus the leading edge of the trim tab thats closest to the drive. I'm going to move the tabs out on the hull till the bottom edge of the tabs, start at the center line of the drive shaft.

Let me know what you guys think. Since this is my first mono, and it is my first full build. Any and all comments are helpful.

Here is the transom with the placement.

And some more, the parts are just held on with double sided tape.

Plus does anyone know where to get blue anodized trim washers for like these

Wow that hardware looks awesome!

Hobbyking sell them
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...her_8pcs_.html

they are a bit different tho
    they have them in difference sizes and colours
    boat looks great!!

I really enjoy this!

Thanks guys for the info on where to buy them. I knew I had seen them before, but I was drawing a blank lastnight. also thank you for your compliments on the boat.

Nicest hardware I have seen on a fe boat.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast