Thread: IMPBA District 12 stuff for 2013

Default IMPBA District 12 stuff for 2013

Happy New year folks. I hope everyone had a nice holiday season.

I just wanted to touch base with everyone and let them know what is going on for this coming year. We will have a district winter meeting some time in February and discuss any rule and class changes plus the district race schedule. I will post the results of the meeting as soon as it happens. If anyone has any questions or wants to propose any rule changes, please let me know. I don't foresee too many changes this year. There has not been any major problems with the current FE rules and we have a class for just about any FE boat. The only rule proposal I have heard that may be brought up is in the D12 Stock Gas class where Sport Hydro's may no longer be permitted. We also will take a look at whether we to bring back the district points series. I think a decision on that will be most dependant on whether or not we get a full, five district race schedule. In other scuttlebutt (Navy talk), look for the possibility of having wrist bands issued at D12 races this year. This is a safety issue and is intended to ensure only IMPBA members are allowed in designated areas such as the hot pits. Also, please make sure you renew your IMPBA membership this year. We had a few clubs in the IMPBA placed on probation last year for allowing people to race without a current membership. Host clubs will be diligent in checking cards at all D12 events!!!.

We had the last district race and a fun run cancelled last fall due to low water and excessive vegetation in the water, so I don't know if the district race schedule will be changed significantly. Last I heard ODMBA in Chesapeake, VA is still working on getting their pond back. We'll hope for the best. The Balitmore club pond at Greenbrier State Park was partially drained and had a channel cut on the side we race on so it will be deeper in some areas. Work is complete and it's slowly filling back up with water so it should be filled up by the spring.

So far for 2013 there is a 2 Lap record trials event tentatively scheduled for April 19-21 in Franklin, VA and hosted by ODMBA. The Capitol Club district race is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of June 21-23.

We have a few new FE members in the Capitol Club this year and possibly a few more in the Baltimore Club. I know the economy is still sucking wind but I hope we can get more FE boaters to travel to district events outside their local area this year. Going to just one extra race makes a big impact. I'm also on the look out for Tarheel boaters to attend the race in Greensboro this year. We've got enough of them on OSE and it's time to show that part of the district what FE racing is all about.

All the current district rules, classes and known race dates are posted on the Capitol RC Model Boat Club web site. I will keep it updated. Post away if any of you have any comments, ideas or proposals. I would also like to see what you guys are building this winter!!
    Last edited by Chilli; 01-03-2013 at 04:03 PM.

SUNP0003.jpgSUNP0005.jpgWe still shooting for a club thing on the 20th Mike?

Yes Carl, We are looking for a club meeting on the Sunday the 20th to discuss Capitol club matters. Figure around 11am (so people can get back to watching football). I havent finalized where it's going to be yet but it will be close to the pond since it's centrally located to our membership. Could you email all members to "save the date".

The outboard rigger looks great. I think Robin is doing a B-Nitro version and we have two or three more in the district putting outboard FE/Nitro Hydro's together!

I'm getting close to finishing up my replacement Insane FE30 Sport Hydro. She will be a multipurpose boat for heat racing, oval trials and SAW. The backup River 32 SAW boat is all CF reinforced and foamed up. I have to order a motor mount and hardware for her. The gas rigger I aquired turned out to need allot more work than I was willing to put into it. I gave it to Robin and Travis. I ordered a Road Runner gas rigger and have Lamar Huff carving up a Zenoah G300 for her. I though I was going to have an easy winter. LOL
    Last edited by Chilli; 01-03-2013 at 07:02 PM.

I hope ODMBA gets the lake back. I have new P-mono, Jae 21 P-limited, Lynx P-limited tunnel (needs a bit of tuning yet), ML sport 20 hydro kit to build, and a 51 inch shovelnose that sports a Neu 2230/300 amp HV swordfish esc/10s2p, and a P Crackerbox (not sure where it will fit in yet.

S5000563.JPGS5000100.JPGS5000017.JPGS5000434.JPG4250.jpg
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Hey Mike, Carl and Chuck!

How about an airboat class just incase we run into the vegetation problems again this year...lol!

Carl...O/B rigger looks good! Let me know how the testing goes....

Chuck!....great pics(love the roundnose..very cool!) Hey, you building a 31" ML Sport 20 or the 34"? I have the 31" still in kit form as well....

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Hey Chuckie, You certainly haven't been idle the past two years. Great looking fleet. I hope we can get you to a race or two this year.

Kent, I just say we sharpen those rudders and props real good and cut the grass!! I've got a friend who jogs at Greenbrier often. He told me when they drained the pond, the bottom looked like a thick bed of carpet. Hopefully, all that crap will freeze in the cold air and die off.

Lol!! Just send out the cat in your avitar!!....just as long as it isn't catnip growin' in there!..He,he!

I agree with Chilli...great job keeping your fleet in shape Chuck! Keep your chin up and your fingers crossed for something to give way in the VA Beach area!! And yes!...def.plan on attending another D.12 race or two...we'll see what the schedule looks like, eh?
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

The river cat is all carboned up and will add the lead weight (6 or 8 oz. Mike?) to the inside sponson tips then pour in the foam.

On the original boat I only CFed the rear half of the boat and just foamed the bow. I ended up adding 6 "stick on" ounces behind the air dam. On the second boat I only added 4 ounces to the sponson tips before foaming because I CF'ed the entire length of the tunnel and sponsons.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    Hey Mike, Carl and Chuck!

How about an airboat class just incase we run into the vegetation problems again this year...lol!

Carl...O/B rigger looks good! Let me know how the testing goes....

Chuck!....great pics(love the roundnose..very cool!) Hey, you building a 31" ML Sport 20 or the 34"? I have the 31" still in kit form as well....

-Kent
    Same as you Kent the 31"
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

cool
    will add 4 oz total then.
    dont forget to bring the cat along so i can get measuments for the P tunnel.
    also bring the motor mount.

I MAY have a motor mount for you.
    will have to check.

I will also bring the JAE along