Thread: Rescue boat set-up !

Default Rescue boat set-up !

Seeing as I'm getting my SV27 soon I needed to figure out a rescue technique for the inevitable blowover. Hope it works. Going to try a simulation today.

Great idea using the boom. I would suggest using about 2 more feet of line with flotation about every 6 inches. for a hook take a wire coat hanger and make a hook shapped like this l___l with the 2 uprightes sticking out of the water. I used a hook like that with my fishing pole. Works great. I would cast just in front or back and drage the hoo under the boat. the uprights would catch it and I'd drag her in. In your case you circle once and drag the hook under the boat. I have a set up like this I take with me incase(god forbid) one of the boats goes nose up.

Thanks SJ, set up the 2nd boat with a double hook a foot apart. Oh and had to charge up 16 packs....ugh.

Floating flyline is the way to go IMO. You may not have problems steering with your outdrive, but if you do, move your towline up to about where your antenna tube is.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169