Thread: R/C boat groups on L.ong Island New York

Default R/C boat groups on L.ong Island New York

Are there any boat groups on Long island and if so which ones. Or are there any areas people go to often. I go to Eisenhower park with my traxxas spartan and miss geico but don't see many people out there. Also haven't seen anyGroups near here.

Quote Originally Posted by surferkid19 View Post
    Are there any boat groups on Long island and if so which ones. Or are there any areas people go to often. I go to Eisenhower park with my traxxas spartan and miss geico but don't see many people out there. Also haven't seen anyGroups near here.
    I (with my friend) also go to Eisenhower though not when it gets colder. Usually Sunday late morning but sometimes during the week also. Haven't seen too FE's there though. Sunday mornings there are a few regulars with scale boats. Saturdays mornings there is a sail club race. If you are interested you can PM me in the spring and perhaps we can meet at there.

Quote Originally Posted by rabosi View Post
    I (with my friend) also go to Eisenhower though not when it gets colder. Usually Sunday late morning but sometimes during the week also. Haven't seen too FE's there though. Sunday mornings there are a few regulars with scale boats. Saturdays mornings there is a sail club race. If you are interested you can PM me in the spring and perhaps we can meet at there.
    I'm from queens ny. Where do you guys meet up in the park

You take the parking field 6A entrance and go down to the farthest lot on the right. The pond is right below the hill. There are a few buoys in the water that the sailing guys use that can get in the way if you're not paying attention. So far I've stuck two boat on them. Also being from Queens you will have to pay to access the park on weekends from Memorial day to labor day. Otherwise it's free.

I live on the island too. I usually run over in Lake Ronkonkoma and a few other places too

was curious about lake Ronkonkama. It's a bit of a drive for me but I think I might check it out every now and then. I've seen some video of another member running an HPR boat. What area of the lake do you guys use and is a permit required?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzYxoyH9dM4

Thats another area on the Island when I'm bored I just blast my boats out into the Long Island Sound. I've used my smaller boats in 3ft waves and gale force winds ahaha

No permit required for Ronkonkoma. I have only run there a few times there is a launch area for kayaks and rowboats. I don't know the address if you're pretty set on going I can find the address and help you find it. Its cool a lot of FE boaters are popping up on the Island especially in the last year. All we need are some cones and we can have a race course lol

That looks like a nice spot too. Your Daytona moves pretty nice. I don't have anything that large. Just got into boats about 18 months ago. No rush on Ronkonkama. Just next time you go out there if you can make a note of the location and post here I would appreciate. I don't know when I will be able to get out there. I'm a shift worker and I babysit my kids when I'm home during the day so free time is not as plenty as I would like. As I mentioned in the earlier post the pond I run in is not bad for smaller boats but the buoys do tend to get in the way. They are set up for a sailing course.