Thread: Help needed for our friend Carl Schock aka "make-a-wake" here at OSE and...

Default Help needed for our friend Carl Schock aka "make-a-wake" here at OSE and...

"Scorpion1" on Rcg.It came to my attention he's going thru difficult economical and health related issues.He got layoff from work,so he has no medical insurance and is sick,currently going thru treatmeant and a procedure due to a pancreatic condition.Does who know him thru here and Rcg we know what kind of super guy he is.Just look at all his posts here and Rcg.He's the guy always willing to help and give excellent advice to everyone!!.
    So with the OSE moderators permission granted(Thanks!!) im posting this here on his behalf.Heres Carls wife Paypal address;schockpics@swbell.net if you wish to help such a nice guy.Any donation doesn't matter how big or small will go toward his medical bills.And please do try sending it as a gift.Whatever we donate is gonna really help in a big way im sure.Thanks much for your time and attention on this matter......Albert

P:Theres also a thread dealing with this situation at RCG under the Racing Boats-Electric forum titled;"where is Scorpion1" in case you wanna read a quote by Carl itself posted by Bill(Bill34207),another excellent forum member and friend.Sorry for not posting a direct link here, im new to this "windows 8" technology and haven't found the way to copy and paste yet.

I have benefitted greatly from his input on this forum. Best wishes and prayers(and a few$) on the way.
    TTT

I'll help you out Albert. Here's another copy n paste of the pm. (edited to omit dollar amount)

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake
    Quote Originally Posted by bill34207
    Hi Carl (scorp)
    What's up man? Are you OK?
    I just spotted your ad for the truck/boat/trailer setup. Thought I was going to be happy to see you actively back on the forums again but now I'm more just worried about you.
    Wishing I hadn't just built another flying machine (big hexa that about killed my hobby fund until tax refund time) or I'd take it from you (or just loan you the cash one).
    You have a lot of friends out here that I'll bet would be willing to send you a few bucks as a loan if you're needing it. I don't have $400 to spare right at the moment but I could kick in (edit) if it will help you out.
    Let me know
    Bill
    God bless you Bill, I have a pancreatic issue and have lost my job and have no insurance. If anyone is willing to send me anything from RCG or OSE it would be so helpful. My Paypal is schockpics@swbell.net
    I've already sent Carl a paypal gift and if everyone that has come to know him for the great and helpful guy he is were to send him a few bucks it would not only help him out financially, it would most likely boost his spirits to know that we all still remember him.
    The $$ anount is not the thing, it's the thought that counts.
    Last edited by bill34207; 12-31-2012 at 06:36 AM.

I was wondering what was going on.Hope he gets better and returns and that what little $$ I just sent will help.

Thanks again Bill,(i got this new laptop(old one crashed) with windows8 and need to learn a lot about it!!...lol).Anyways THANKS EVERYONE!!! for whatever you can do for Carl,and if any of you guys knows anyone else that may want to help please let them also know about Carls situation and how to help!!
    ****Also check the FS forum here at OSE,Note that Carl has been very active selling some of his precious stuff,during the past month or so,that he has built and modified during the yrs for very,very good prices in order to get some cash.As he mentioned he rather sell here to an enthusiast that to a kid on ebay,someone that probably would not appreciate what he`s getting.So if you feel so,go ahead and buy some of his stuff that`s still available or keep watching on probably more stuff he`ll be putting up for sale soon.
    Thanks much again and lets pray for Carls prompt recuperation!!.......Albert