Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Spirit of Texas Drag Hydro

Default your Drag boat #2 ?

I read this entire thread and was sad when I seen it had died out back in july. DrWayne I thought you were going to build a 2nd hull using castle 2028's...here is my newly purchased one of a kind cf drag hull, their drag hull is only available in a fg version. This hull was some kind of special deal with them and hacker motors, that must of fell through. Not sure on what motor etc that I am going to use yet, but I am figuring on it being at least an 8S... DJ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Hi
    Had to reconsider a few design restrictions with the hyperperformance W drive gearbox.. limited it to 22krpm and hoping for better results.
    Will post back here in a couple days .. busy with work, boats and health these last 3/12 !
    cheers W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
    I read this entire thread and was sad when I seen it had died out back in july. DrWayne I thought you were going to build a 2nd hull using castle 2028's...here is my newly purchased one of a kind cf drag hull, their drag hull is only available in a fg version. This hull was some kind of special deal with them and hacker motors, that must of fell through. Not sure on what motor etc that I am going to use yet, but I am figuring on it being at least an 8S... DJ
    Nice! Does it have a top?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Travis, it was originally designed as a up to .90 size nitro engine. So no back cover, plus if you look at real drag boats they are also open in the back. I was planning on coming up with some kind of cover for it that would work with the static display blown hemi engine, that has working belts on blower etc... If you have any ideas brother please give me a yell, maybe make a lip and mount a cf solid sheet...definately needs a cf cloth inlay done, this hull is Extremely light...DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Travis, it was originally designed as a up to .90 size nitro engine. So no back cover, plus if you look at real drag boats they are also open in the back. I was planning on coming up with some kind of cover for it that would work with the static display blown hemi engine, that has working belts on blower etc... If you have any ideas brother please give me a yell, maybe make a lip and mount a cf solid sheet...definately needs a cf cloth inlay done, this hull is Extremely light...DJ
    DJ, How in the heck did you get your hands on that? It's BEAUTIFUL.

I'd have to see it in person but I'm sure I could form a carbon cover for it like a turbine boat. Or if you wanted the replica engine, maybe something with that. Why not put one of those real working miniature v 8 ' s in it to power it. I know they are expensive, but save up. That would be awesome!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

doesent hyperformance make a dummy 1/6th blown dummy motor? id mount that on a carbon plate and maybe a round fuel tank and rock....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Chris, I begged and to the guy who bought it off another forum...he decided to let me have it for what he had in it + shipping I STOLE IT already been offered alot more for it than I payed...its "NOT FOR SALE" .... I promised him that if I did sell it he would get it... I'm still buffing it out and the pics really dont do it true justice and your right it is very nice looking hull... the boat has not seen water yet ... but its going too !

Travis, I asked you and again brother your right on...was thinking that maybe you could do that for me and do the inlay..make 2 covers one for the 1/6th blown hemi with metal tank that Ron referenced and another for when its doing a "SAW" run...man those working mini V8's are very cool but I am wanting to set it up to be an extremely stupid fast FE...

This one is all new to me guys on how to set it up, I do have some ideas that I have gotten from studying real drag hydros and reading through all of this thread...I know in the gas/nitro versions the tank is in the rear with the motor being a good bit forward...I am thinking my cg is going to be like 40-45%...I need to find out where it fits far as classes go for "SAW" I was thinking 8-10S Neu 1527-1530 8mm shaft 1500kv .250 flex....hit me with some options here guys... DJ

Today I have the pleasure of showing this boat on it's first run in hands of its ( nervous) new owner..
    12 months after it changed owner, added a coat of paint and a lot of tidying up !
    It looks a work of art.

20141221_105234.jpg

@ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

That looks great. What kind of power setup ?

its the same as what doc had in it, 2x leo 5692 730kv
    2x entropy 5800mah 6s packs in series to make 12s
    2x swordfish 240a esc
    1 cap bank and cut down x457

Love to see that thing on a flat pond. Nicely done.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

That thing looks great, I'd like to see some detailed pics of it. I can't wait to get mine from Hyper, I was looking the other day and MHZ makes one too I might check them too.

Tks Borgie, thats a really nice Drag boat ya got there. Hope the one Im currently building turns out as nice.

Chris, I missed the MHZ drag boat will have to check that one out myself.... DJ

thank you every one but i couldnt have done it with out my dad and doc, the only thing is its hard to turn cause im to scared to give it power around the turn haha
    Last edited by borgie; 12-21-2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: didnt sound right lol

fflraptor07
    for details on what's inside borgie's boat, read this thread from page one.

my youtube tag is drwayne1966 .. there's a vid there of drag hydro run 13 worthy a beer and giggle. LOL

Im very glad this has gone to a good home !
    Indubitably my most fun FE build this side of Y2K

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    fflraptor07
    for details on what's inside borgie's boat, read this thread from page one.

my youtube tag is drwayne1966 .. there's a vid there of drag hydro run 13 worthy a beer and giggle. LOL

Im very glad this has gone to a good home !
    Indubitably my most fun FE build this side of Y2K
    It hits the water about 6 or 7 times in the length of the lake! Wild Ride. That's Nuts, I like it

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011