Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kintec racing

thats strange, i live in u.s, georgia and have had great service. 2 day delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by trimarc geico View Post
    awesome track. kintec doesnt know there ass from there elbow unless theres a book in front of them
    Really? That's going to be your first post?
    I've never had an issue with Kintec!
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

I'm not one for ordering things online. But I have to say that I've had great dealings with Jan at Kintec, Steven here at OSE, and Jason at FCR. All 3 of these dealers have communicated well and shipped promply.

I've never had a problem with kintec. As far as rtr boats, none of them are perfect anyways.
    I hardly consider the Zonda to be "high end".
    Last edited by Heaving Earth; 04-03-2013 at 12:06 PM.

kintec doesnt know there ass from there elbow unless theres a book in front of them.
    No need for that you said in your post before you edited it you were a engineer maybe your over thinking this whole situation the boat is set up good for 4s a friend of mine has one (Great running boat) BTW. The solution for you is easy make your own parts and boats and then you will not have to degrade nobody but yourself.
    Im Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What You Understand

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Now, Now, Now, let's not bash ANYONE like that on these here boards.
    Kintec Definitely dosen't desserve that sort of press.
    They are a valuable contribution to the boating community, and I as a pro-level driver can vouch for them having come through for me solid.

Talk about bashing!
    Man, this kind of talk is not constructive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post

Talk about bashing!
    Man, this kind of talk is not constructive at all.
    +1

Default Constructive

I notice the thread went positive after my post.
    Not sure what about my post is not simply stating facts, and I'm sorry for anyone who can find anything negative about what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    I notice the thread went positive after my post.
    Not sure what about my post is not simply stating facts, and I'm sorry for anyone who can find anything negative about what I said.
    What? You're confused, nobody is disagreeing with you bill

kintec doesnt know there ass from there elbow. just slaps there junk in it.
    it's "their" not "there".
    You want to call them idiots and morons yet you lack basic elementary school grammar skills.

awesome track kevin pratt cant wait to duplicate it at my house. kintec doesnt know there ass from there elbow unless theres a book in front of them. they say cg doesnt matter other than how it sits on a shelf. no wonder the zonda from them blows over on 5s. they have the batts mounted in the rear most parts of the boat. idiots. its a f!@#$%g 41 inch cat. i revamped all the crap they did when i got it. now it does damm near 70mph smooth as glass with the front 40% of the hull completely out of the water. they said i erased 8 months of r and d. what a couple of liars jan and kent r. the boat is made completely by tfl hobbies. kintec just slaps there junk in it. who puts a traxxas servo in a high end boat like that. it lasted 3 charges. they f!@#$d up the y harness and burnt out channel 2 in receiver because they thought they could make a better y harness than proboat or hobbico. they shrunk wrapped the black and red together and tried saying i did something to it. yeah i did i made the whole boat properly set up with quality components like a hitec 645mg servo for example and a much better quality futaba radio not a 25 dollar flysky. u get a great hull with crap in it set up completely wrong. lets mount the seakings right on the cg so now u cant use the batts to adjust the ride at all.morons. but they had 8 months of r and d in it. hahahahahahahaha more like 8 mins of scratchin their heads. sorry thats my experience with jan and kent and this was a month ago. they didnt want to hear how the boat should have been set up. they r perfect!!!!! lol not

Wow..whine much

If you didn't like the components that came with the boat, why did you buy it?
    Did you not read the description of the boat on their website, its pretty detailed as to what comes with it...and yet you bought it. Lots of pics on the website as well so you knew what was mounted where as well..

Sorry, I'm a bit confused here..sounds like you got what you paid for, have now turned it into a "damn near 70mph" boat with some tuning that is up to one's own personal taste anyway, and now bitch about it.

I sent Jan a E-Mail regarding your posts on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Heaving Earth View Post
    What? You're confused, nobody is disagreeing with you bill
    Oh good : ) I'm so used to having my posts misconstrewed. I totally mean well.
    I get so frustrated at the way FE boating is portrayed in the industry. Companies are reluctant to post anything or contribute to us for such a vast reputation of behaving like pirates and pihranas that attack anything that hits the water (these boards)
    The community is too small to be publicly bashing anything or anyone.

I'm telling you guys the truth. FE boats are wildly gaining popularity, but racing and the core of our sport is struggling to bring in new blood.
    I've seen company reps log in on here and just get PUMMELED with neg complaints, etc no positive feedback.

How many company reps (besides sponsored drivers) do you see offering advice or posting on here? Very few.
    Let's share our amazing experiences on here and praise the sport and its contestants. I PROMISE good will come of it : )

Hello Marc and welcome aboard. I feel compelled to jump in here ( I know this is none of my business) but since I've had a very productive and long term relationship with Jan - I build boats for people, and along with Stephen at OSE I've always had the best service one can ask for.

Let me start off with a statement that sounds terrible but my boating buddies here on the forum will surely back me up : " Almost without exception, one's first FE boat will pretty much be a disaster when it comes to asking it to do things beyond it's design intent". OK ; slam away- I can take it

To begin with, a boat like the Zonda, given it's size ,rigging, and price point is decently priced for all that you get. It isn't intended to deliver the performance or survive like a similiarly sized high end cat which can't be had for easily twice the price, usually much more. Additionally, you'll find that just about every RtR boat, including those from the big name RC companies need a fair amount of blueprinting to overcome weaknesses caused by holding to an accessable retail price point. It can be viewed as an open door policy to creating an advancement of our skills if looked at it that way. I'm not attempting to invalidate your experience but this is the reality of the hobby. You get what you pay for.

A few points :

Cats are tunnel hulls They pack air and blow over. They do, and I can supply tons of vids to demonstrate that. Go to my Youtube channel [properchopper1] to see some cat aerobatics Between myself and my club members, we hold multiple NAMBA SAW records with cats. As does Bill (above). For every record I'd estimate that there's a minimum of a half-dozen blowovers getting there !

I've been rigging customer's boats with the Traxxas servo. Admittedly not the best, but decently priced and are claimed to be waterproof. No come-backs to date. The often revered Hitec 645 MG is on my banned list. The gears are a combination of plastic and metal, one metal gear being LITERALLY paper thin and is highly prone to shedding teeth - the rebuild kit is @ $18.

I also oval race. Seven classes when the opportunity arises. My $40 2 year old FlySky has NEVER glitched or failed in all my oval boats (SAW too). Yup I get heat from my compadres but I'm a happy camper and can't argue with success ( or $7 Rx's)

Jan, and with personal conversations with Stephen at OSE to back this up, is taking on a big risk selling RtR or ARTR boats. By definition, they will very likely be purchased by those with not the most complete understanding of what the boat's potential is. Often expectations outweigh the boat's capability. It may be looked on as a bit of a "bitter pill" learning experience when expectations exceed the boat's capability, but as I said above, we've all been through it and with perserverance we end up in a better place and reap the joys of this thing we call "FE".

Please consider taking my comments constructively and hang in there.

Tony
    rcboatbuild@hotmail.com

awesome track kevin pratt cant wait to duplicate it at my house. kintec doesnt know there ass from there elbow unless theres a book in front of them. they say cg doesnt matter other than how it sits on a shelf. no wonder the zonda from them blows over on 5s. they have the batts mounted in the rear most parts of the boat. idiots. its a f!@#$%g 41 inch cat. i revamped all the crap they did when i got it. now it does damm near 70mph smooth as glass with the front 40% of the hull completely out of the water. they said i erased 8 months of r and d. what a couple of liars jan and kent r. the boat is made completely by tfl hobbies. kintec just slaps there junk in it. who puts a traxxas servo in a high end boat like that. it lasted 3 charges. they f!@#$d up the y harness and burnt out channel 2 in receiver because they thought they could make a better y harness than proboat or hobbico. they shrunk wrapped the black and red together and tried saying i did something to it. yeah i did i made the whole boat properly set up with quality components like a hitec 645mg servo for example and a much better quality futaba radio not a 25 dollar flysky. u get a great hull with crap in it set up completely wrong. lets mount the seakings right on the cg so now u cant use the batts to adjust the ride at all.morons. but they had 8 months of r and d in it. hahahahahahahaha more like 8 mins of scratchin their heads. sorry thats my experience with jan and kent and this was a month ago. they didnt want to hear how the boat should have been set up. they r perfect!!!!! lol not
    Last edited by properchopper; 04-03-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I dont see the problem here. Nothing wrong with the blue Traxxas servo, I use and like them- never have failed me (yet). THe boats setup for 4s @ approx 30K RPM. 5s is going to put you closer to 39K RPM.

If you wanted hull and hardware then you should of just bought that. Its intended as a 4s boat and if you are to dumb to get that then you deserve everything you got coming to you.
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

I also use traxxas servos with good results.

sorry joel but after having a lengthy discussion with jan and kent . i can truly see there knowledge of what they sell or deal with.

If trimarc is such a genius, maybe he can start building and selling boats and take the risks involved. I doubt he will tho...

He could reinvent the wheel while he's at it lol

Sent from my FE Phone
    Im Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What You Understand

"i sent jan an email"? so and your point? people r stating their opinions and typing about their situations. thats what happened. and NO it didnt show where the batts went or did it say that it came with a traxxas servo! i stumbled across it on their site and thought the boat was sharp and wanted it. so no its not pretty detailed. i am not bitching as u put it. if u dont like the fact that someone saw the real kintec for what they know too bad. wwwaaaaaahhhhh. send all the emails u like. i tell it like it is. how retarded really. im an adult with an opinion like the next adult. if u cant handle my opinion dont read it!!! again kevin pratt i watched that vid 10 times awesome track!!!

"i sent jan an email"? so and your point? people r stating their opinions and typing about their situations. thats what happened. and NO it didnt show where the batts went or did it say that it came with a traxxas servo! i stumbled across it on their site and thought the boat was sharp and wanted it. so no its not pretty detailed. i am not bitching as u put it. if u dont like the fact that someone saw the real kintec for what they know too bad. wwwaaaaaahhhhh. send all the emails u like. i tell it like it is. how retarded really. im an adult with an opinion like the next adult. if u cant handle my opinion dont read it!!! again kevin pratt i watched that vid 10 times awesome track!!!
    Tone it down trimarc
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I see no use for this thread any more so closed she is and infraction given
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12