Thread: 1/16th scale Oboy Oberto

Default 1/16th scale Oboy Oberto

I started building this about a week ago. Its a lazer cut balsa kit from finlay's plans for his atlas van lines. Im building it as a oboy oberto. Im curently at this point:
    100_0704.jpg100_0705.jpg

I will post more as i build.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

I did the Pay n pak in 1/12, ran much better after I added new sponson ride pads with a little less angle, too much lift on the stock sponsons running an AQ 2030 4s setup.
    An airdam also helped, now I can hold it full throttle around a course without lifting.
    Not sure if you will have an issue with a 1/16 size, mine had a bad side to side sponson dance, different props and strut settings and cg changes didn't help much, changed the angle of attack and it's like a completely different boat.
    They were originally designed for Ni-Cd batteries which weigh a lot more than the lipos so I think they needed the lift.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

my plan is once i get the sponsons sheeted in going to cut the trap out at the back of the sponsons to allow the air to escape. Im going to run a 4200 kv inrunner on 2s. Its going to be a lil rocket.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

Sounds nice, I have a 4200kv Lehner thats been looking for a project, been toying with running the Pak on 2s and swapping the Lehner for the UL-1, also would run a 200 amp esc.
    Or a JAE.
    Same size can as a UL-1.
    So you're going to do the sponsons like a Whiplash it sounds like, probably a better option than the ride pads.
    Have fun!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

I love this stage of a build.... daunting, yet exciting!! How long is this girl and how much weight do you expect?
    Im confused..... no...wait...mabee im not?