Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HobbyKing good or bad?

Default HobbyKing good or bad?

I just got taken for 60 bucks, anyone else had problems?

what happened?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I've had the occasional slow delivery when shipping from overseas. Also some of the stuff I have ordered over the years was not the best quality. But I understand thats the chance you take when looking for a bargan. Overall I've been satisfied with them and their products. If something craps out, I write it off instead of the hassle of sending it back.

Hobby King = Good!

Just received my first bad pack 6S 30C 5800 Zippy. Sent video and pics to CS and badabing I got store credit for the value of the packs. First problem ever solved very quickly.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I have had good luck with them, if your not in a hurry.

I have had good luck so far with them. I try to order from the USA warehouse when I can though

I have had great luck with HK other than buying that 1/5 buggy Turnigy motor that advertised a 8mm shaft but the motor came with a 12mm shaft . No other issues other than that .

Can you supply some details .
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

So Peter, you are complaining that you got more than you asked for

I usually have pretty good luck with them. I understand when I buy from them Im not getting premium quality on most items.

I bought an electronic GPS that went bad. Shipped to US Warehouse and got a refund via store credit without much hassle. Bought a hull and it arrived with a warped lid. Now I got hassled on that one and Im waiting for a proper replacement.

I wont buy the batteries anymore unless its for a lower end boat/project that Im unsure of.
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

I'll buy things that can't arrive doa from HK, wire, bullets, carbon plate etc. I don't buy electronics of any kind from there, batteries included.
    And I'll never order something that isn't in stock, you never know if it'll come back in stock.
    Not really a bad place to shop if you use a bit of discretion, I also think in the last few months they have started to realize the benefits of providing customer service, sounds like people are having less trouble with returns.
    I still shop Canada first, then Europe, US and finally China.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

I think the O/P is a one hit wonder - Still only one post .

I love hobby king
    zippy batteries ftw, so cheap!
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    I'll buy things that can't arrive doa from HK, wire, bullets, carbon plate etc. I don't buy electronics of any kind from there, batteries included.
    And I'll never order something that isn't in stock, you never know if it'll come back in stock.
    Not really a bad place to shop if you use a bit of discretion, I also think in the last few months they have started to realize the benefits of providing customer service, sounds like people are having less trouble with returns.
    I still shop Canada first, then Europe, US and finally China.

I have been doing the same, I only buy " Non Perisheable" goods from them. Anything with even a remote possiblity of "having trouble" I buy here, to me this is well worth the expense to off set any grief.
    But this mentality also prevents me from having more fun, so I think one must accept a certain risk in order to enjoy a bit, I am not ashamed to admit that I will/shall change my mind in the future. Especially now that I keep hearing HK has improved their CS.

I think they have turned things around a bit , the last 2 orders ive made in the last month or so have been shipped on the day of purchace. Previously id wait any thing from 1 - 1.5 weeks before being shipped & these were in stock items. Most of my orders have been from Hong Kong shipped to the UK.

My latest order shipped the 19th, just got it today! I always get the ems shipping. Pay a little extra but get it very quick for being on the other side of the planet. If I do get electronics from them I too just wright it off as a loss if d.o.a. But I have never had an issue. As far as batteries, yes cheaper made, less expensive to buy. Im not worried irf pack only lasts one year at $60 verses spending $160 on a very good pack. To each their own, if I want to go cheep then h.k. Is the source and no problems, just never bothered with customer service.

I know the shipping was hard to believe but here it is , fastest order I ever had from hk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher 67 View Post
    Me thinks you're right - 1st post with 0 information... one has to wonder about people like that.

I've been wanting to order some 5.5 bullets from HK,but every time I go to check out,I chicken out!The thought of giving out my credit card info to China is too scary.
    Is it really safe?How do you guys pay for your stuff?Anyone had a problem with payment?
    I hope you all say it's no problem,don't worry about it,because I really need some 5.5's!

Quote Originally Posted by R.J.S View Post
    I've been wanting to order some 5.5 bullets from HK,but every time I go to check out,I chicken out!The thought of giving out my credit card info to China is too scary.
    Is it really safe?How do you guys pay for your stuff?Anyone had a problem with payment?
    I hope you all say it's no problem,don't worry about it,because I really need some 5.5's!
    Dont you have Paypal, i use them all the time at HK.

I never had problem with my credit card or paypal. The fear is that HK is so far and big that one doesn't get the attention one deserves in times of need. Also when something is out of stock, one never knows how long it will take before they re-stock it, sometimes it seems the status would never be changed.
    Don't know about the status on these 5.5 mm bullets. Good luck!

Thanks for the replys.I thought you would recommend PayPal.It would be safer than a credit card.

This guy must have been a troll from another site hasn't been back since his one and only post
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I have used both with HK and have never given it a moments thought

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher 67 View Post
    Yeah, it makes you think it could be an HK employee trying to get a poll out of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gyrotron View Post
    Yeah, it makes you think it could be an HK employee trying to get a poll out of the forum.
    Hobbykings prices are way too high, shipping is slow, they should offer more boat stuff, ect,,,, (hint hint, lol)

Thanks for all the suggestions. Very helpful info about ordering from HK. I agree that non-pershibles that are in stock only would be safe to get from them. I guess, as long as you don't actually expect to get the stuff. I had not replied on this thread yet as the ordeal was very much ongoing at the time of the original post.

My ordeal, so far, Is like this: November 23 I order two turnigy brushless motors and cooling sleeves from HobbyKing, paid with paypal. Three weeks pass and I start to get to wondering just where the heck the stuff is. I login to HK's website only to find that the order hasn't shipped, but is "Pending/Awaiting Payment". So I contact HK's support with my Paypal receipt number. This, I think is fine so I wait another few days. I check back online and now the cooling sleeves are no longer in stock and the folks at HK are just sitting there waiting with my money in hand. I again contact support and they ask if I'd like them to ship the motors and credit (points) for the out of stock cooling sleeves to which I replied "yes". The next day I again check my order status online at HK. Now it show's the order as cancelled and no credit issued. Without hesitation, I open a Paypal disspute. Several days later HK support contacts me and says they connot issue a credit or ship the order until I drop the paypal disspute. Sounds fishy as heck, but I comply and drop the disspute. Two days later HK issues credit for the cooling sleeves. After several more days, the motors themselves have still not shipped. At this point HK had closed the support ticket and sent nothing. I reopened the support ticket with HK, and now dealing with a completely different customer service rep at HK have seen this order finally get processed and supposedly shipped 8 days ago. I have no faith whatsoever that I'll ever get those motors.

Sorry to hear that, I guess there is always an exception. Hope you will eventually get it sorted out. I feel your frustration!

I've order batteries, bullet connectors, esc, never had problems...Only the shipping part is bad 3-4 weeks minimum, I've always taken that in consideration.
    Now that I remember customer service on my last order was pretty bad, was speaking to someone live about my order as it was going in 5 weeks since I placed it.
    They give me some lame excuse why it was delayed and they would get someone right away to ship my items....well that night when I got home it was sitting in my workshop, my wife had gotten it for me.
    Basically customer service had no idea what was going on with my order or if it had already been shipped. argh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plensch View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Very helpful info about ordering from HK. I agree that non-pershibles that are in stock only would be safe to get from them. I guess, as long as you don't actually expect to get the stuff. I had not replied on this thread yet as the ordeal was very much ongoing at the time of the original post.

My ordeal, so far, Is like this: November 23 I order two turnigy brushless motors and cooling sleeves from HobbyKing, paid with paypal. Three weeks pass and I start to get to wondering just where the heck the stuff is. I login to HK's website only to find that the order hasn't shipped, but is "Pending/Awaiting Payment". So I contact HK's support with my Paypal receipt number. This, I think is fine so I wait another few days. I check back online and now the cooling sleeves are no longer in stock and the folks at HK are just sitting there waiting with my money in hand. I again contact support and they ask if I'd like them to ship the motors and credit (points) for the out of stock cooling sleeves to which I replied "yes". The next day I again check my order status online at HK. Now it show's the order as cancelled and no credit issued. Without hesitation, I open a Paypal disspute. Several days later HK support contacts me and says they connot issue a credit or ship the order until I drop the paypal disspute. Sounds fishy as heck, but I comply and drop the disspute. Two days later HK issues credit for the cooling sleeves. After several more days, the motors themselves have still not shipped. At this point HK had closed the support ticket and sent nothing. I reopened the support ticket with HK, and now dealing with a completely different customer service rep at HK have seen this order finally get processed and supposedly shipped 8 days ago. I have no faith whatsoever that I'll ever get those motors.
    That is a shame and would probably sour me on ordering anything in the future if I was in your situation. I have ordered a substancial amount of things from HK from the USA warehouse mostly and some things form china also. To date I have bought 24 batteries and not had a single casualty. I don't race or anything mostly bashing and I am happy with everything but the Vanquish I ordered before I read up on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast