Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Boats do You have?

Should be called lucky mike!! I own 20+ boats... 3 cars... a few micro helis, and a sub. just dont ask how many boats ive built.... :-)
    Im confused..... no...wait...mabee im not?

I have had some boats that turned into subs....well almost,lol

Nothing cooler that a big sport hydro returning to the surface like a fresh water manta ray and then finishing a race. People that don't know FE find it startling.

Bloody funny stuff! That would be a dynamic diving hydro then?? :-)

How many do I have??? WAY TOO many to count... which is why I need to thin the fleet so I can get my head wrapped back around this hobby! Oh, and make room for some new ones!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

At one stage I had 7 boats, 7 helis, 4 planes and 2 cars, damn no wonder her indoors used to winge.
    Socal Fe member, miss gieco castle 1515 1y t-180, blackjack29 stock,insane FE30 p sport castle 1515 1y t-180, insane FE30 p spec ul-1 motor t-120, insane 34"mono neu 1521 1.5d t-180

Quote Originally Posted by Richie the shipwright View Post
    Bloody funny stuff! That would be a dynamic diving hydro then?? :-)
    Oh I never did that deliberately.

Sorry..... still laughing... :-)

Very interesting. Are there more?

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Nothing cooler that a big sport hydro returning to the surface like a fresh water manta ray and then finishing a race. People that don't know FE find it startling.
    I have seen an AeroMarine Avenger completely under water, pop back up and continue the run.

Harry
    60" Expresscraft SuperCat
    (2) 2028 Castle motors 64.7 mph
    10s3p with x450/3 props
    15,000 mah 40c cells,

My 1/12 Pay n Pak can be submarined at will from a stand still, have to get it on plane with a few blips of the throttle or it will go under. Also does it when it comes off plane bringing it in, Looks like a pair of nostrils when the turbine inlets surface and the water shoots out! Kinda freaky in the spring when the water is really clear.
    Does AM penetrate water? Could try tossing an old radio in it and see if I can drive it under water!
    How do the scale sub guys keep control?
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

my rptor N2 rigger went down in sept at the 2011 nats, it resurfaced in march of 2012!!!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

At the nationals a couple of years ago here in Oz, we all saw a big twin nitro rigger dive at full noise & pop back up after about 10 meters & keep going. Both engines still on song.
    Although it was basically an open cockpit, the cowling did curve over the engines. It must have sucked an air pocket down with it that let the engines keep breathing. Weirdest thing I ever saw. With a boat, that is.

A new class is born!! .....subsurface racing! Am radio works fine on my dynamic diving sub. only dives to about a meter tho...

...any more Boats out there?

Racing Boats
    Delta Force Mono(P-Mono), Whiplash(Q-Hydro), Insane FE Hydro(P-Limited Sport Hydro), MLBoatworks GP335 hydro(P-Sport Hydro), NoName (N-2 Hydro),

Coming Soon Racing boats...
    Backlash Hydro (T-Hydro), MLBoatworks GP400 hydro (Q-Hydro)

Other stuff..
    Revolt, Insane FE hydro hull, 2 Super Vee's, 2 Arowana mono's... and a few other old hulls...

hmmm... time to thin the fleet....

I have 6, PB Formula Fastech, PB Miss Geico, PB Impulse 31, PB Shockwave 26 BL, Aquacraft Minimono and my wife just picked me up the Genesis which I am in the process of starting a twin build. I really want to thin out my collection and concentrate on just 2 or 3 of them. It starts getting a little overwhelming and the cost can be a factor as well. Oh and I also own 7 RC helicopters and 2 RC trucks. Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy but these are all great hobbies and its A LOT CHEAPER than my old hobby which used to be building old muscle cars! Don't have the space for that anymore and to be honest after working on cars all day long in my career the LAST THING I want to do is open another hood when I get home from work!

Anyone looking to sell a RTR boat my dads looking to get into the hobby

My collection... MRP gold boat, MRP red bud still in box, MRP bud light cat still in box, Gary finlay miss Renault, Darkhorse shovel(2), maus shovel, 1/10 scale miss hawaii kai, DPI American Dream, Proboat miss bud converted, Proboat Elam(2), dave frank hydo, Genesis cat, King of shaves twin cat, Aquacraft UL1, Mötley Crew, Blackjack 29, Revolt 30, Hobbyking Libero hydro, and just ordered an atomik Barbwire. Rc cars too many to list :))

I have 5 I started 6 months ago still haven't hit the water with any of them yet still to much ice and snow

Electric
    2 NQD jets
    Jae 21
    29" sprint cat
    Revolt 30
    RC boatworks Top Gun 2
    A/C R42
    Small Hobbyking rigger
    Shockwave 26 jet
    Whiplash 40

Gas
    RC boatworks Stryker
    A/C R42
    CP Mono

Proboat Blackjack 29
    Proboat Impulse V2

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk
    Proboat Mystic

I've added 3 boats since this thread started.

I've added 37 boats since this thread started up to 88 now plus another 43 planes and 39 cars plus 15 more chargers and 227 more lipo packs, 19 more helis, a snowmobile 13 tanks 8 motorcycles 565 more slot cars and a partridge in a pear tree!!!!!

BTW I was by my friends hobby shop the other day and was looking at all his cars and trucks he has collected over the years, mostly 1/10 and 1/8 on road off road electric and nitro, there were over 100 but the most impressive thing is they are ALL RTR!!! I mean every one has motors speedos recievers servos batteries etc.... you can pull any one down and put fuel in or charge the battery and be running it in minutes. And they are all pristine always new tires on them not speck of dirt or fuel or tire dust and everyone of them has a beautifully custom painted body in perfect condition. Probably the most impressive collection I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    I've added 37 boats since this thread started up to 88 now plus another 43 planes and 39 cars plus 15 more chargers and 227 more lipo packs, 19 more helis, a snowmobile 13 tanks 8 motorcycles 565 more slot cars and a partridge in a pear tree!!!!!
    WOW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Great thread here:

I currently have 3 boats. Started when I was like 10 (28 years ago).. and have been rotating them almost yearly...
    Have 7 slope planes and two brushless pylon racers...
    And .......2 kids and a wife to suck every waking minute

really only kidding aboau my additions!!!! added 3 boats and a couple of planes and cars nothing crazy, but I DID get a partridge in a pear tree!!!!

This is the whole reason I started BBY Racing, So the wife had nothing to say about it.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

In just the last year....2 RTR, built 6 others, 3 more in process, another 2 that I'm starting this week and 4 more bare hulls on the rack.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast