Thread: Proboat Stiletto

Default Proboat Stiletto

I currently have a stock Stiletto and its slower than hell. I need some advice, ideas, and thoughts to make it race ready and still run on 4 S. Does anyone have any ideas

We have an experienced boater with one here, I think you can have speed or handling with that boat, not both.
    Seems whenever he gets if aired out and up to speed the handling in the corners goes away, he gets it turning and it won't run fast in the straights.
    His is stock aside from many prop changes trying to get if figured out.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    We have an experienced boater with one here, I think you can have speed or handling with that boat, not both.
    Seems whenever he gets if aired out and up to speed the handling in the corners goes away, he gets it turning and it won't run fast in the straights.
    His is stock aside from many prop changes trying to get if figured out.
    I would have to agree. The brass oiler if done right, with the upgraded flex shaft, and the 3.5 bullet shaft all seem to free up the drivetrain considerably(and quiet it down), and the bullet shaft will last longer than a couple runs, as the stock brass ferrule gets sloppy quick. I have run a UL-1 motor in mine, but went back to stock, and have tried several props, most were trading off in one area for another. The boat looks great planing in a straight, but you have to back WAY off to turn. The best use I found for it is as a rescue rig, because of the low speed steering.

If you want to work with what you've got, start by reading through this thread, and there are several more helpful ones in the Stiletto forum.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...etto-Race-Prep
    Last edited by kevinpratt823; 12-15-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Over on International Waters there are a couple tunnels for sale, one is a PS295, one of the best racing hulls out there, the same guy also has another hull for sale can't remember what kind. Both are hull and servos only, drilled for OS lower unit.
    To be honest non of the RTR boats really make really good race boats, most people run the power systems in other hulls for "spec" racing.
    I have a VS-1 with a UL-1 motor and K&B lower, runs nice on spec power but it is still not on par with more modern designs. If I was to race a tunnel I'd be buying a new hull as I know what I have won't be competitive most days.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Does anyone know where I can get good 4s motor for my stiletto. The stock motor is a 3630. I can't find a motor that short for my stiletto. Does anyone know where I can get one. Ps. I'm looking for a racing motor. Thx.

What class of racing? Makes a difference as to what motor, 4s isn't enough info as there are a couple 4s classes that have different motor requirements.
    You'd be best off getting a stock Stiletto motor or an Aquacraft UL-1 motor and try for a spec class with that hull, even then it really won't be competitive.
    Like all RTR boats what you get out of the box is the performance level the boat was designed for, overpowering that hull will be disapointing, It would never stay on the water with a NEU 1515 2y motor on it which is a very popular open class motor. PLus the motor itself is physically much bigger, will be hard to get the hull set up properly.

Do u know where I can get a 30mm long motor ?

The stock motor is not a 30mm motor it's a 50 or 56mm motor x 36mm diameter, depends on if they include the endbell in the dimensions or not.
    If you boat is slow on the stock motor you setup is wrong, the stock motor will easily blow the boat over backwards at top speed.
    My buddies goes as fast as you want it to on the stock setup with a prop change.

moved to the Steletto forum

You would learn lots by reading this fourm about the Steletto setup. You are obviously not setting it up correctly if it is real slow
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham