Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick charge?

The problem is your watercraft battery (I'm assuming its a jetski) might take a pretty good hit from charging that you might not be able to restart your jetski? and then you'll need your LiPO to start your jestski!!!!!! Really your best bet is to get another couple sets of packs and just have em all charged before you go. On the 5C charging I wouldn't do it on any regular basis, I probably only get 100 or so cycles on my racing packs before I replace them and I wouldn't even consider it, 1.5-2C is fast enough to charge a pack thats 75% depleted. So if you have a pack thats 75% down and you charge at 2C theoretically you should charge to full in about 20-25 minutes. Not too bad, thats enough time to run your boat and give the motor and speedo enough time to cool down before you run it again
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Perfect synopsis, thats kind of what I was thinking with time frame and what ultimately would be recommended.

Yes the support vehicles are a pair of seadoos, I have a few friends that come out with me, and we hang out on the beach at a really nice open smooth area, perfect for a little boat. Wanted to do this for years and never got around to it.

I can get 3 full charges on a pair of 6000mah before the batteries I am using in the skis drop ~12Vdc, and it is easy to splash around and charge the support vehicles cells inbetween charges, as well as I have a easy clever way to jump ski batteries back and forth if it was ever needed. I could always put a small voltage alarm on the support vehicles battery incase it drops below a predetermined voltage, it could alert someone....

just get a bunch of of packs if you're not running a crazy setup 20-25c batteries are available really cheap now from the chinese vendors.

Ya I have seen that....
    I am only running a 4S setup, and have a set of fairly new “40C” packs (from a trusted source) that dont seem to be cutting it on a X442 prop. ESC and motor are cool to the touch after running as hard as the boat will go.

So I got wary, and bought the Dinogy reading that people are seemingly having a good time with them here.

Wanted to buy a set of the nanotech, as I am strictly a rec boater, but seems with the minimal cost adjustment it was a much safer bet given the return policy if I am not satisfied with the HK cells.
    The only others I was thinking about was the hyperion or gen ace, as it seemed as if they have a good return policy.

How hard can the HK packs be pushed?
    Are there any tricks to getting good packs from HK?

I wouldn't mind putting the HK packs through a direct comparison with these dinogy packs and see how they compare usage per dollar. I dont see any empirical comparisons from people willing to make direct comparisons in use side by side.

Thanks for taking the time to post :)

I have tried a lot of the HK nanotecs mostly smaller stuff for small planes and for smaller boats, but I do have some 5S nanotec A-SPEC 5000's that I'm using in my 1/8 scale Hydro, I have pushed them pretty hard and they are very good so far but only have 5-6 cycles on them, they do provide plenty of power, I did run the crap out of a pair last week, I ran 12 laps instead of 6 and they puffed on me, when they cooled down they went back to normal and charged back up with no issue and they were still in perfect balance and the IR was 1.3 across all the cells, and ran fine the next run. charged back again and again still in perfect balance and IR was the same. The NT A-specs are $105 and the Dinogy are $120, but factor in the fact you get free shipping and great Customer service from Mark at dinogy the savings doesnt add up to that much unless you're ordering a lot of packs, I would go with dinogy in that case. The regular NT 5000 45C are $78 and if you think that is enough for your setup then that would be a sufficient savings. I've also use the Gens ace packs and they were OK but only used the 30C they now have 50-60C versions, but they are in the $80-$90 range, I like the fact that they are in Ca and have pretty good customer service, I have returned packs to them and had them replaced for free.

The trick to getting good packs from them is wait till what they have goes out of stock then order when they come back in, that way you are pretty much guaranteed you're getting fresh cells.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12