Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lonewolfs custom hardware for sale

I'm glad you like!!. Nope no jig work. If I feel I'll make a few of something I'll do a few of each but I try t keep each job custom...can't wait to see the build thread and some pics!!!
    Twin cat 9xl,... 29 titan 8xl,....37 in mono kb48 8xl.... 42 in twin elc cat project... 42 in gasser cat 260 modded zenoh''' planes and trucks....

Hey builders it getting to be that time again...If you have some cool ideas and cant find what ya need I would be glad to help!!! Keep in mind that I will do hardware for about any rc vehicle...I have done several trucks ranging from scalers to crawlers...So dont be affraid to speak up sometimes the crazier the funner...lets hear your ideas....Happy building guys Ill get some pics up of a truck build I am also doing...hopefully in a short while here
    Twin cat 9xl,... 29 titan 8xl,....37 in mono kb48 8xl.... 42 in twin elc cat project... 42 in gasser cat 260 modded zenoh''' planes and trucks....

Ok builders here are the pics of the current truck build im working on...I started with a tranny and some axles then picked up a chopped up clodbuster hardbody.. this was intended to be a scale trail rig....I bent the frame rails and made everything in aluminum...my latest work has been prepareing the body for painting....I got real sick of trying to sand off the red paint.... So I tried useing a chemical we use for glueing plastic... Methylene Chloride...It made short work of disolving the paint... The trick is to just get the paint and do no scrubbing as this will damage the surface of the plastic... Well in short if you use too much of the chemical it WILL dissolve the body.. I have removed the paint and now in the process of sanding everything down to 400 grit...My goal is to paint a few models in the same session.
    I use my shop at work to do my painting as I have much more room and a dust collector to gather fumes and dust..

Any who onto the pics...
    IMG_20131026_123324_351.jpgIMG_20131026_123343_311.jpgIMG_20131026_123409_273.jpgIMG_20131026_123659_218.jpgIMG_20131026_123541_512.jpg

I'd be interested in a few stand-up servo mounts machined out of billet.

Nice looking stuff Lonewolf. Do you make it on manual machines or do you own/have access to CNC equipment?

Can you give me a rough idea on price for your dual steerable drive setup? I'd love to incorporate these into a Dumas Scarab 38KV (55") build that I'll be starting soon. I'm a builder on a budget (if there is such a thing with any hobby involving boats, LOL) so I wouldn't need these polished (I'll either polish them myself or go with a black epoxy paint for a MerCruiser-type look) I just love the way this setup looks, great work man!

Jeff
    Aquacraft Revolt 30, Aquacraft Lucas Oil Cat
    Dumas 44' Coast Guard MLB (undergoing restoration)
    Dumas 55" Wellcraft Scarab 38KV (NIB kit)

They would be great for that project. I have a set of 3/16 here that Lonewolf made for me. Very nice.

I must say I'm new to the concept of a steerable flex cable drive (as far as stuffing tube/liner arrangements, etc), but I'm really trying to focus on the "scale" aspect of the Scarab build. Lonewolf's drives look the part and may just fit into my budget for this build. Hope I hear from him soon, but being the holidays and all, peeps are busy busy busy!

It would do real well on a big hull. Larger hulls tend not to hook in and lean so much due to displacement. If Lonewolf can do a larger set for you it would look awesome. So what did you get? Dumas 'Miami Vice'?

Yes sir, I found a new-in-box kit on the JRCBD forum a while back for a good price, came out of FL. At first I was going to use a 26cc two-stroke, but once I realized that the cockpit would never fit over that big gas engine, I decided to go dual brushless with counter rotating props. Looking to build a scale wave crusher, something that runs about 40 mph. Hoping to put lots of detail into the boat, LED nav lights, etc. Hoping to start the build after the holidays - I've already done the math and determined where I want my CG to be, and wrote an Excel program that allows me to determine CG by entering the weight of each component and where it will go in the hull (should save a lot of trial and error, and get me close to my target CG)

I would be happy to help out with your build....Many options to think about...

Hi lonewolf, I'm looking for a setup like what you have shown in post 19. Can you give me a ballpark idea on price on setup like that? Just trying to see if this will fit into my budget (the entire build will likely cost more than my first 1:1 scale boat, LOL)

Hey fox88gt I sent you a pm....

I think the set up in post 19 would work great with a few mods... you thinking 3/16 or 1/4 cables? any plans for propsize that can also change things some.....

As asked in a earlier post if I use manual or cnc...I use a manual mill and have access to a small lathe also...So far I like to keep my work as custom and so far this works out good...I dont have to spend many hours in programming however in the future I would like to offer a standard line of hardware for various basic set ups in a few diff sizes..In which case a cnc might be helpfull

Well boaters spring is in the air and time to get boats up and running..if you are on the fence for hardware drop me a pm and we can get you finished up and in the water...Happy building

nice looking hardware.

Hi are there roller bearings in the 2nd pic or just some K/S flared over ? thanks chris

Dave, please check your inbox

which pic are you referring to Dasboata I do flair my tubing for boats...?

Dave, the drive system is up and running on my 40" AC hull. Just maiden so far. Tuning this weekend

Dave, I have an upcoming build of a twin Fantasm, its a 41" cat. This hull has somewhat of a limited mounting area on transom. I am planning on trying to reach triple digits with this setup. I dont care for the limited adjustments that the typical stingers used provide. So I was thinking about some kind of a twin strut, possibly similar to your steerable unit. I also want it to have bearings in place of bushings. Plan on using .187 flex. No rush on this, I can send you pics, templates and any measurements you may need. Happy Turkey Day..... DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Hey sorry so late on reply....alot going on last few months...Yes ill take a look at your idea and we can go from there... I am currently umemployed due to position elimination....but Ill see what we can do....ps my employment was my connection to a mill tho may be able to work something out... Good luck Dave aka lonewolf feel free to send im...i get notifications

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Hey sorry so late on reply....alot going on last few months...Yes ill take a look at your idea and we can go from there... I am currently umemployed due to position elimination....but Ill see what we can do....ps my employment was my connection to a mill tho may be able to work something out... Good luck Dave aka lonewolf feel free to send im...i get notifications
    He sold this hull.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

My loss for the immediate time Im gonna have to call the custom shop closed but I still have the hardware listed in the beginning of this thread....Sorry builders I hope this changes soon!!!

I am announcing that my shop has reopened and I am ready to take care of any special needs you may need for you RC vehicles...

If anyone needs custom work email me at lonlywolf65@msn.com use from OSE need custom work in topic.. I am still building and doing custom work however I dont get on here as much... Thanks to all!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12