Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Extreme modified Black Jack 26 EP ...

Wait your telling us that you did 64 mph because of the Speed Estimate by Use of Voltage & Constant "Kv" chart here on OSE http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/conversion.htm...
    I don't think so...Even with that motor running at 89 percent efficient( thats another lie by great planes, no way those ammo's are that efficient) spinning a 637 and 14 nimhs you'd get 59mph at 22.5 (your input) prop slippage not with those half dead nimhs...
    Last edited by RCprince; 06-16-2008 at 01:28 AM.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Spinner I used a gps gun not the thing you put inside the boats to get speed.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-16-2008 at 01:28 AM.

RC prince i wrote on efficiency 89%.If its a lie then we can all sue greatplanes for false promotion adds right?

No, manufactures can write what they want(especially those selling china made products)...But there is no way that motor puts out 1110 watts continuous and 1850 surge that 1.4 horse power and 2.4 surge horse power, no way they are more like 300 to about 400 watts max.... and as for efficiency may 80...where as the Feigao's are 80 percent efficient and their magnet have more than twice the power, I've tested them as a matter of Fact I replaced my Ammo 2600 with a L size feigao magnet( rotor)
    Last edited by RCprince; 06-24-2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Horrible grammer (where they feigao)
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Where are you located, If I may ask

RC Prince I am in the Caribbean LOL...

Rc Prince you have a very nice cat pic. Is that your boat on the avatar picture?

Aruba ???

German descendant living in PR for now though.

Last edited by RCprince; 06-16-2008 at 02:00 AM.

WOW! RC Prince ...nice,nice,nice ..Any pics or videos of it in action ...how fast can it go? what setup are you using?

There are some others but I have to look for them
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok no problem..awesome pics.How fast does it go if I may ask?
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-16-2008 at 02:20 AM.

I got 51 plus out of it oneday.....then i got preoccupied with my outboard SV, now I'm preoccupied with my BJ outBoard

Cool!

Outboard...I'm gonna run it with 2 - 4s lipos in series

How fast is the outboard? Nice job.

I was just doing test runs with it....with the BJ motor I got 31 out of it....when I'm done with it I'm trying for the high fifties.

[QUOTE=hex-dj;42121]Wanna race? QUOTE]

HOW MANY LAPS HEAD START DO YOU NEED????????

I sure hope your repositioned decals that help increase speed:
    are glued on cause my rooster tail is goona peel them off.

OH and I watch BJ26s race all the time so I know what they are capable of.

Iam done here.
    Last edited by Jeepers; 06-19-2008 at 12:53 AM.

Peace Jeepers!Im only talking about a friendly race...no offense...Im sorry but that BS sign, you re gonna have to remove it from your post though ,because it seems you did not understand very well about what I wrote about...My repositioned ,eliminated and newly added little decals decrease weight in the boat,helping it run faster. Stickers add weight to any type of R/C. It is not BS OK. By the way what setup are you running,and what is your boat a BJ 26?
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-19-2008 at 12:57 AM.

hex...

i have to ask.
    How long exactly have you been into this hobby?

I started in 2002 z400 as a real hobbyist ,but I began running rcs back in the 1980s...if anyone rembers the Nikko Lobos,I ,II and III. I got pissed at all the drag race guys always trying to make me feel ridiculous ...so I decided to learn all the tricks I could until today with research and personal practice experience.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-19-2008 at 12:58 AM.

lol, this is comedy central.

pick one!

just kidding not all those are mine! 4 of these are though.... well one is my dads. I will NEVER own a BJ26 or SV27 dont like them.

sorry hex didnt mean to be rude forgot to add all the smileys.

but I did understand you sticker part and its still BS. that tiny amount of weight is nothing compared to the amount of drag that hull has. 64 MPH no way!! 46mph possible.

the only reason people are giving you a hard time, is MOST of the guys here KNOW how much power it takes to break the 60 mph the little ammo on nimh's in that hull just dont cut it.

Heck one of the fastest guys in the US (on this forum) has a superior hull,motor, batteries, and only got 61mph VERIFIED on a GPS UNIT . (He has gone more than 80mph using an outrigger hydroplane and timing lights (like they do at FULL SCALE drag races) these are the MOST ACCURATE way of measuring speed)
    Last edited by Jeepers; 06-19-2008 at 01:31 AM. Reason: cause I wanted too!

Well Jeepers ... I remember I wrote, I am using an Ammo 2300 which is lighter than all the other brushless motors. I use feather weight servos with Karbonite gears, hollowed the aluminums, lighter than normal 14 4/5th NiMH batteries 2000 Mah ,run time is around 20 minutes. I am using an OSE straight coupler and the aquacraft jacket. Shortened and sharpened all fins and prop. I am still using the stock ESC which I have improved by adding the Novak 2700 mf Power cap.Scuffed the bottom. DSM radio.Please take a look at my Black Jack 26 EP pics! Nice collection of boats WOW!
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-19-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Default My BJ 26 EP pics...

Jeepers here are my BJ 26 EP pics...

Quote Originally Posted by hex-dj View Post
    Well Jeepers ... I remember I wrote, I am using an Ammo 2300 which is lighter than all the other brushless motors. I use feather weight servos with Karbonite gears, hollowed the aluminums, lighter than normal 14 4/5th NiMH batteries 2000 Mah ,run time is around 20 minutes. I am using an OSE straight coupler and the aquacraft jacket. Shortened and sharpened all fins and prop. I am still using the stock ESC which I have improved by adding the Novak 2700 mf Power cap.Scuffed the bottom. DSM radio.Please take a look at my Black Jack 26 EP pics! Nice collection of boats WOW!

you maybe using the lighter motor but your using ANCHORS for batteries go lipoly you will see what we mean...

Dud let me interject here....Lol am I in the twilight zone or what, But dude there is no way, NO WAY in heaven or hell (If I'm not being polite excuse me) that your gonna get 64 mph out of that boat plus 20 minutes run time with those half dead nimhs...you have an extremely vivid imagination...Stop it, Stop it, Stop it please... plus you have on your turn fins...you might as well put on parachutes.

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    Dud let me interject here....Lol am I in the twilight zone or what, But dude there is no way, NO WAY in heaven or hell (If I'm not being polite excuse me) that your gonna get 64 mph out of that boat plus 20 minutes run time with those half dead nimhs...you have an extremely vivid imagination...Stop it, Stop it, Stop it please... plus you have on your turn fins...you might as well put on parachutes.
    what he said

Prince I have Tested it many times. What I m saying about run time is true. The batteries will completely die out after 15-20 minutes of running and no heat at all. These bats. are 2000 Mah 4/5th of sub-cs from electrifly had you ever mod them or try them out in any of your boats.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast