Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Extreme modified Black Jack 26 EP ...

Default Extreme modified Black Jack 26 EP ...

Hello! I have a BJ 26 EP with an AMMO 2300Kv, OSE straight coupler like in my SV 27, hallowed the motor mount to make it lighter, servo is feather weight with carbonite gears, original reinforced strut, sharpened Octura x637 2 blades prop. and fins , .150 original flex cable ,(I changed it in my SV for an OSE cable too), stock ESC with a Novak 2700 mf power capacitor, 14 cells, 2000 Mah , 4/5 sub-c cells, DSM Radios in both of my boats, Too fast... GPS ed 64 MPH. Thats with the slightly mod stock ESC. Temps were slightly warm... I ve got pics too ,but dont know how to post them...
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-13-2008 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Spelling

Default My pics of my extreme mod BJ 26 EP

Out of the hole...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default BJ 26 extreme mod...

At home after a long race...

I learned how to post pics my way though ,lol!

video proof, always makes better than a picture. Awsome pic though

Dont worry my videos are comming soon...

I mean rain x does the opposite ,makes boats more loose.

64mph or 64 km/h? I really hate to say it but I will, Nope, Just dont believe it. With NiMH cells and stock esc and motor? I wont say its impossible but not likely. And no heat? wow, How much do you want for it???? must guaruntee it does at least 61 outta the box! Nice pic as Burrows noted though.

Edit: I see now you are running ammo motor 2300/kv.

Hahahha! Mich. Maniac sorry mines not for sale unless I change my mind,but nahhh... Thing is I want all hull types of boats. I have my SV 27 "Vee", Blackjack 26 EP "Cat" , Soon the Miss Elam brushless "Hydro" and eventualy a "Rigger". The NiMH cells are from Electrifly and they come with a 14 AWG cable with ultra deans. I had to modify the batteries as well by changing the cable gauges to 12 AWG. I have a Pro Stock R/C car which I have taken to 107.37 MPH YES MILES PER HOUR with a Novak 5.5R setup and an Evader with a super hard transmission in 32 pitch with special tranny from Duratraxx and Traxxas ,using paddle tires ,special lightweight high torque servo hollowed some parts, added wheelie bars and read carefuly my Evader features a NOVAK 550 5.5 PRO brushless motor a GTB ESC running on eight special NiCD cells that weight as much as LiPos from Sanyo the famous SANYO 1300 Mah green cells.Im serious about the BJ 26 doing 64 MPH. I will run it on Sunday again to see if I come up with better pics, cause I am still to buy a video cam to post videos sorry soon i will get a video cam.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-13-2008 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Spelling

Ohh and not to forget I also want a real R/C drag boat ,but I was looking at them and the hulls from ABS seem pretty weak.

In my Evader I use Big rear only Paddle tires . In my R/C Pro-stock 107.37 MPH car I use rear foams at 3.75 inches tall and heavy bite. The ESCs I use in my other R/Cs are Novaks GTBs well you guessed it modified by me. I ve been able to add 10 cells to those and they can only handle 6 supposedly.

Sometimes companies do not tell you a lot of things I wonder why?

What are you doing to the ECS ??? moffets ??? cooling ???

Iam working on their cooling a lot without sacrificing current flow,but its about knowing what to do and where to do it. Example soldering in the right spots of the ESC... and going against some factory recomendations. I have never burned a Novak ESC .Even when the factory recomends using six or 14 cells on them. I use many tricks that a lot of people dont know. Also experience is key too.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-14-2008 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Spell.

ESC... and going agains some factory recomendations

About my Black Jack 26 EP... Today I made one final mod to the hull and hatch. I made it a convertible cat and I removed and repositioned some of the stickers it comes with to make it even lighter. Doesnt look bad. Seems like a convertible cat with two pilots ,after Sunday I will post new pics of it running and a close up pic. I am working with my digital cam ,because today I noticed that it can record short video clips.

Also on my Novak ESCs I never used the factory cooling fan. I use the small Radio Shack brushless cooling fans. I consider the factory ones weak and not fast enough to cool...!!!
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-14-2008 at 03:05 AM.

And you cannot connect a fan to the ESC. It steals a lot of current from it.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-14-2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: spell

I remember when I ran my fan cooled boats... Everything was different from a water cooled.

Hello blastoff. I think I gave the right advice to you on the ESCs. About my BJ 26...I just finished scuffing the bottom and sharppening the blades even more.

Yep It sure looks fast LOL

Default My new pics! My BJ 26 EP in action...

Hello everyone here are the new pics of my BJ 26 EP in action. Sorry no videos yet as I was having some problems with my cam and the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by blastoff View Post
    Yep It sure looks fast LOL
    Take a look at my new pics now BLASTOFF!

how about a gps shot......

lol
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Here are a few pictures of my rescue boat, I have made pretty much the same mods (brushed) and it must do just under 39

Quote Originally Posted by Mich. Maniac View Post
    64mph or 64 km/h? I really hate to say it but I will, Nope, Just dont believe it. With NiMH cells and stock esc and motor? I wont say its impossible but not likely. And no heat? wow!

what he said even with the ammo............

Jeepers, did you look at what I am using? I have yet to come with a GPS shot ,because I wrote about GPS numbers at first here,but it was because a friend of mine had the gun .I dont have one myself and by using the tips and info estimate chart on this site I am supposed to do 60 MPH if you use the chart from OSE. Motor 2300 kv, cells 14 NiMH 2000 Mah and read well (4/5th)<---of sub-c cells, not as heavy as all other NiMH sub-c cells out there in the market.Iam using the lightest on a budget NiMH Sub-C cells on the market right now modified by me from 14 AWG to 12 AWG cable,not using LiPO yet.Notice the batteries were tightened using Home Depot stainless steel tip tie wraps which cost around $30.00 a package.Feather weight servo with Karbonite gears, hollowed and lightened motor mount,Aquacraft cooling jacket.Original ESC with a Novak 2700 mf Power capacitor soldered in the right place. Prop. is an Octura x 637 sharpened and polished by me,OSE straight coupler, notice the turn fins are shorter than normal and they were sharpened and cut by me,scuffed bottom.Removed and repositioned some stickers then added a small new sticker about hurst shifters, enhanced water holes for cooling, reinforced strut with better screws and hobby glue. Removed the pilot s cockpit top in the hatch and I am using a DSM transmiter with water proofed reciever. Shortened and angled the antena to the rear.If you want you can do the math on this sites tips and info boat MPH/speed estimate chart. Oh and about slippage since there is none for a catamaran , I wrote 22.5 % slippage ,because a cat is between a mono 25% and a Hydro 20% prop. slippage .Wanna race? I am saying my boat has to be seen to be believed when running, it has a lot of torque too...Also notice that the stock ESC can handle 18.0 plus volts and the motor 18.0 plus volts too .So I am not maxing them out yet!Racing on a budget is a reality with OSE. Steven s line is very true...OSE where racing on a budget is a reality...THX!
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-16-2008 at 02:41 AM.

RC Prince why you laughed out loud? Is my setup funny? Please read about what I wrote to Jeepers.

So you didn't have a gps in your boat, like your first post said?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast