Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ultra modified SV 27 pics ...

Ok . Cool! TRUNKMUNKY. Soon I will post mines after my radar gun arrives of course.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-28-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hex-dj View Post
    Oh Chiro! I am .....old enough to KID around ,hahahaha!
    Hex, C'mon dude for real?

Ok . Cool! TRUNKMUNKY. Soon I will post mines after my radar gun arrives of course.
    I'd like to see that radar gun working...might even pick one up myself .

Im a surfer and have shaped my own surfboards for years.
    Here is my opinion on bottom surfaces.

Gloss=slow (buffed fibre glass high shine)

Wet rubbed=fast (400 to 600 grit sanded fibre glass)

Friction free finish=fastest (this is done by spraying a clear coat of car acrylic through a spray gun mixed with talcum powder with a very dry finish (minimal thinners) The acrylic dries as soon as it his the surface. Leaving it with a feel similar to a sharks skin.
    Last edited by SouthOzSV27; 08-16-2008 at 11:43 AM.

Man I just read this whole thread and all I have to say is WTF MATE HAHahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha
    S.S.R.C-Southern Style Radio Control

That issue was addressed a looooong ti me ago.kck741 and SouthOzSV27. I know that what you say is true. I scuffed my bottoms a looong time ago. Suffed=faster. Looks like you guys are catching up with the forums.Thanks for looking though. :-)
    Last edited by hex-dj; 08-15-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Ever get a video posted hex? hows that radar gun working?

Since I drag race I dont care much about run times. I care more for voltages. To add at least 5 MPH to any R/C you need twice the amount of mahs for example ..say you have a 4000 mah battery ...in order to add at least 5MPH more to any R/C you will need double that amount. You need 8000 Mah just to add five more miles per hour so to me mah doesnt count much and its why I look more for Volts than anything else..though good run time is also appreciated Chiro.Oh and not to say that a 4000 mah batt. is twice lighter than any 8000 mah out there. Voltage can add at least 10+ MPH per NiMH cell... Thats why LiPOs only come in 2 cells three, four or six,because their voltage amount per cell is more than any NiCD or NiMH.They are around 3.7 v a cell ,while NiMHs are 1.25 sometimes more than 1.25 each cell.It also depends on your ESC too. A LiPO may add more than 10+MPH per cell,but who s going to have a 12 cell LiPO batt. unless you want your R/C to do close to 200 MPH.
    Huh,
    Come to the FASST side

Let it go people...let it go

Quote Originally Posted by STERLO 92 View Post
    Huh,
    O.k so this one has come to the surface again.
    This time I can not let it go so here is my take on it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by hex-dj
    Since I drag race I dont care much about run times. I care more for voltages.
    Fair enough, so far
    To add at least 5 MPH to any R/C you need twice the amount of mahs for example .
    Adding capacity to increase speed, that’s a new one to me.
    .say you have a 4000 mah battery ...in order to add at least 5MPH more to any R/C you will need double that amount. You need 8000 Mah just to add five more miles per hour
    Lets run with this more capacity=more speed thing just for now. Your maths is o.k here.
    so to me mah doesnt count much and its why I look more for Volts than anything else.
    So mAh does not count for much now??? 5mph increase would be nice
    .though good run time is also appreciated
    Run time is increased by capacity.
    Voltage can add at least 10+ MPH per NiMH cell...
    This one is a bit vague here. If you suggest that another cell (NiMH) will give you an extra 10mph then I have some news for you.
    Thats why LiPOs only come in 2 cells three, four or six, because their voltage amount per cell is more than any NiCD or NiMH.They are around 3.7 v a cell ,
    Have you not seen single Lipo cells for sale.
    NiMHs are 1.25 sometimes more than 1.25 each cell.
    No big argument here.
    It also depends on your ESC too. A LiPO may add more than 10+MPH per cell,
    Which is it going to be. Lipo=10mph increase or NiMH=10mph increase, per cell.
    but who s going to have a 12 cell LiPO batt. unless you want your R/C to do close to 200 MPH.
    I would buy 12cells tomorrow if it meant that I could go 200mph. Just don’t let Joerg know this so I can surprise him.
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

Quote Originally Posted by chirotray View Post
    "I have a Pro Stock R/C car which I have taken to 107.37 MPH YES MILES PER HOUR with a Novak 5.5R setup and an Evader with a super hard transmission in 32 pitch with special tranny from Duratraxx and Traxxas ,using paddle tires ,special lightweight high torque servo hollowed some parts, added wheelie bars and read carefuly my Evader features a NOVAK 550 5.5 PRO brushless motor a GTB ESC running on eight special NiCD cells that weight as much as LiPos from Sanyo the famous SANYO 1300 Mah green cells." hex-dj
    Im really suprised you guys left this one alone.........................

novak GTB's can only run 6 cell Nimh/Nicd or 2s lipos max.

i have a couple of electric drag cars i race and even on 3s lipos i've only hit 1.7's at 75 mph. mamba max esc with a 5700 brushless motor in a direct drive dragster. i can hardly keep the car on the road. everytime i run it it's a 50/50 chance i can make a good run. i know there's guys that have hit the 1.3's and i can only imagine how fast that is. a duratrax evader........................107.37 mph?? sorry, kinda hard to believe, especially on 8 nicd cells. how about some pics of the pro stock car?
    Hawaii R/C Crawlerz, Team Zig~Zag, Cargo Pants Mafia, Remote Control Motorsports Hawaii, Aloha Hobbies, Sandy Flemming's Fast Electrics

Since I drag race I dont care much about run times. I care more for voltages. To add at least 5 MPH to any R/C you need twice the amount of mahs for example ..say you have a 4000 mah battery ...in order to add at least 5MPH more to any R/C you will need double that amount. You need 8000 Mah just to add five more miles per hour so to me mah doesnt count much and its why I look more for Volts than anything else..though good run time is also appreciated Chiro.Oh and not to say that a 4000 mah batt. is twice lighter than any 8000 mah out there. Voltage can add at least 10+ MPH per NiMH cell... Thats why LiPOs only come in 2 cells three, four or six,because their voltage amount per cell is more than any NiCD or NiMH.They are around 3.7 v a cell ,while NiMHs are 1.25 sometimes more than 1.25 each cell.It also depends on your ESC too. A LiPO may add more than 10+MPH per cell,but who s going to have a 12 cell LiPO batt. unless you want your R/C to do close to 200 MPH.
    i've done some test and tuning to my 2.5 index electric drag car and i've run with both 2s and 3s lipos. both are 2200 mah's. i got runs with a 27 turn brushed motor (trinity CO27) on 2s lipo's of 3.5's. when i switched to 3s lipos i've run time's within 2.5 to 2.7's. mah's don't give you more mph in dragracing.......voltage does. and besides, a 8000 Mah lipo weighs a ton. more than a 4600 mah 6cell Nimh pack.
    Hawaii R/C Crawlerz, Team Zig~Zag, Cargo Pants Mafia, Remote Control Motorsports Hawaii, Aloha Hobbies, Sandy Flemming's Fast Electrics

Quote Originally Posted by chirotray View Post
    Man, 65, you must not have any stickers at all!
    Holy crap, this thread is insane! I had, just HAD to read all what, 7 pages.

I got somethin I dont think this dude could beat... aww nevermind.. I think he beats it alllll day!

Wake boards, snowboards and surfboards all have mat finishes on them.
    In my experiance with surfing wet rubbed fibre glass is much quicker then fibre glass that has a highly buffed finish.

If your worried about protecting the hull.. or fibre glass do what surfboard makers do and mix talcum powder with acrylic clear and spray the hull (dry spray- so it dries instantly). This what they call a friction free finish.
    Ive done it to my boat and flies. It feels like scales.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345