Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ultra modified SV 27 pics ...

Hex, take some time to search around and see some setups that the pro's are doing,
    I am sure you can find several people that have posted here (or elsewhere) so you have an idea of how a clean setup should look like... it'll help you to have things organized inside a hull or at least you'll feel good when you look at it.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Ok Hex, let me respond to a couple of things, then ill make an official statement. 1. you told me to get more experience.....ok, well im sitting on 17 years of rc. For the last five years ive worked for hobby shops, currently i work part time for one of the largest private hobby shops in the world. 2. to answer your question on "chiro" , it comes from a greek word meaning basically to use your hands. I use it in my name because I am a chiropractic intern. 3. you keep mentioning my imaginary boat, if you will read through the thread, i never one time mentioned my boat until you asked about it, and then i made no claims whatsoever about it, and up front said that it was bone stock with lipos and a scuffed hull, yet you still demand pics. I tried to upload, but was unable to, so this weekend my friend is going to meet me with his supervee, and we will race and video tape it and put it on youtube for you.
    Finally what I want to say to you is that there are a lot of really knowledgable people on here, I bet that if you add it up there are several hundred years of combined experience, and you make big claims, dont back it up, then argue with them on suggestions. That is the source of you being picked on. I will stop picking on you because honestly im starting to feel a little bad about it, thats not how I usually am. But I will say that I am going to post a video just because you asked me to. So now Im asking you to do the same thing before you make any more claims to big speeds.

Well Said!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apples1 View Post
    Well Said!!!!
    Hey apples 1 ,hows it going? Noticed I am a Senior Member here already

Hex, did you read what i wrote to you?

Yes I did ,awesome paragraph man... Iam happy ,because I am a Senior member here already.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-25-2008 at 03:13 AM.

Ok, well i hope that it made sense to you.

I dont guess i understand what that has to do with anything? Or my "paragraph". Either way, I was serious about that video, Im gonna be pissed if i go through all the trouble of posting one, and you dont return the favor.
    Last edited by chirotray; 06-25-2008 at 03:25 AM.

Soon I will post one,you ll see Chiro.

I can

Make Senior

member like you by

Posting 3 word posts too...This is getting stupid..... arent we talking about Rc boats here or what...stay to the topic man, when someone asks you a question, it is comon courtesey to resond.

Hey Apples, if i post my little video before hex, dont you think he should have to pay me or something!

Hell yeah, put up or shut up i reckon... i'll start the bidding at $20

I talked to my friend with the sv today, and we are going to video a race between his boat and mine on the same nimh's, then i will switch to lipo to show what a huge difference it makes. Maybe that would be a useful video to people who dont have much experience with batteries. I hate to just be filming a boat because of a forum argument...........a dumb one at that. Were scheduled for friday or sunday depending on weather and work.

Default Learn Apples1 and Chirooooooo...Learn,learn,learnnnnn...

Quote Originally Posted by chirotray View Post
    I talked to my friend with the sv today, and we are going to video a race between his boat and mine on the same nimh's, then i will switch to lipo to show what a huge difference it makes. Maybe that would be a useful video to people who dont have much experience with batteries. I hate to just be filming a boat because of a forum argument...........a dumb one at that. Were scheduled for friday or sunday depending on weather and work.
    I dont use regular 15 or 16+ ounce NiMHs. I know they make a difference when you switch to lightweight Lipos and in case you dont know it Chiro some Lipos can weight as much if not more than my NiMHs and my SANYOs 1300 mah 2/3 Sub-C NiCD non memory effect new cells. Do research about all kinds of batteries like I ve done ,I ve dedicated more than 100+++++ hrs. of research concerning R/C batteries, Chiro I always study everything about this ,I dont talk because I want to. Peace!

Show me a nimh cell that can rival the weight and amperage capabilities of lipo and ill switch back. Heck, i bet the entire industry would switch back too! By the way, when i was talking about my video for people who dont have much experience, i wasnt talking about you. But since you want to argue.........

My NiMHs cost $ 23.00 the most and Lipo s ...What $100+...Anyway its at your discretion... I am also willing to buy LiPOs...Not yet.Not yet.

Read about the weights of batteries when you click on them in web site stores Chirooo...Oh and I dont want you to switch back...I am only writting about my point.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 07-01-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Look man, i never said lipos were the cheapest. But i bet if you add up the number of your packs it would take to equal the run time of my 5000's lipos, i bet you'd be over a hundred bucks worth. If you want to look at it like that. Not to mention the speed difference.

Since I drag race I dont care much about run times. I care more for voltages. To add at least 5 MPH to any R/C you need twice the amount of mahs for example ..say you have a 4000 mah battery ...in order to add at least 5MPH more to any R/C you will need double that amount. You need 8000 Mah just to add five more miles per hour so to me mah doesnt count much and its why I look more for Volts than anything else..though good run time is also appreciated Chiro.Oh and not to say that a 4000 mah batt. is twice lighter than any 8000 mah out there. Voltage can add at least 10+ MPH per NiMH cell... Thats why LiPOs only come in 2 cells three, four or six,because their voltage amount per cell is more than any NiCD or NiMH.They are around 3.7 v a cell ,while NiMHs are 1.25 sometimes more than 1.25 each cell.It also depends on your ESC too. A LiPO may add more than 10+MPH per cell,but who s going to have a 12 cell LiPO batt. unless you want your R/C to do close to 200 MPH.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-26-2008 at 01:56 AM.

Hex, do some more research on that...mah refers to basically your "fuel tank capacity", doesnt have much to do with rpm, other than a higher mah nimh battery will hold its surface charge a little longer than a smaller capacity battery. Volts are good, and you need amps to carry those volts. Youll probably notice that your boat is very fast for the first say minute or less of your run, then it starts fading. Nimh batteries voltage is really high at first, then you load it and it fades fast. Lipos, however, store power in a really narrow voltage range (basically 3.7-4.2/cell unloaded) so you get the feel of that "surface charge" through your entire run, without a fade.

I understand what you mean. Thing is that I am been cheap for now, I am only waiting for the prices to go down as they always do. I want a charger with everything ,balancer the LiPo sack and everything else for cheap as I am not rich. Every ESC I own is capable of handling LiPOs even DSM Spectrum ready.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 07-01-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Default G P S

Gps....

Talking ultra mod mess

i want to know, lets see who here on the forum really thinks this messy little sv27 would do 55mph

My popcorn is getting stale,and my rootbeer is going flat! Where's the video's? Ron

A video and GPS are not needed as it was proven that it can do the speed:

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...1&d=1214235552

*cough *cough

Hahahhaha, yeah right...
    :D
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast