Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra modified SV 27 pics ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    Plenty of proof out there that show a slick shiney hullls is slower. Wet sanded with 600 is the best. Props are polished for looks and to get a better price.

when i painted my boat i only sprayed clear coat on the top.. not bottome.. the bottom is much more rough than the top.. i have also had a boat that was all clrea coated.. it seemed to have a lack of speed and performance.. i think that a rough hull is better imo.

I sanded my sv s bottom sometime ago. It is true that a sanded bottom performs much better. I ve done almost the same mods to both my SV 27 and BJ 26.

Quote Originally Posted by hex-dj View Post
    I sanded my sv s bottom sometime ago. It is true that a sanded bottom performs much better. I ve done almost the same mods to both my SV 27 and BJ 26.
    Yet at the beginning of this thread you argue and argue slick and smooth is faster??? What facts do you yourself have to state one way or the other? GPS?? Video?? You say in one post you used a gps GUN for speeds? Ive never heard of gps gun. Perhaps it was a infrared heat gun and the water temp was 64 degrees. These contradicting statements should honestly stop and let the truth come out. Im glad you are here on the forum and into these boats but you may discourage some coming in by stating things that are not true and they may NEVER see those speeds with the same exact equipment you are running. Even if you are obtaining these speeds with this equipment it is not safe and dependable in mostly everyones opinion. Thanks for letting vent and hope you take it from here!

I think Hex is about 13 to 16 years of age and he's just having a sweet ole' time messing with most of us...
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

"I have a Pro Stock R/C car which I have taken to 107.37 MPH YES MILES PER HOUR with a Novak 5.5R setup and an Evader with a super hard transmission in 32 pitch with special tranny from Duratraxx and Traxxas ,using paddle tires ,special lightweight high torque servo hollowed some parts, added wheelie bars and read carefuly my Evader features a NOVAK 550 5.5 PRO brushless motor a GTB ESC running on eight special NiCD cells that weight as much as LiPos from Sanyo the famous SANYO 1300 Mah green cells." hex-dj
    Im really suprised you guys left this one alone.........................

and what does that have to do with this thread?

oh my..

some thread goin on here guys

Just thought it fit in pretty good to the general theme here. Sorry to twist on your panties.

You did notice that what i wrote was a quote from a certain repeat offender didnt you??? Perhaps i didnt do the quotation process correctly.

Nah, you did o.k on that one mate.
    This topic is one I come back to each evening for a f....in good laugh.
    The whole idea of feather weight this and carbonite that plus "hallowed"( read: reduced strength ) is all bollocks.
    Moving, modding and reducing stickers just costs me a new set of undies each time I read it.
    GPS readings are good, but not fool proof or formidably accurate. They give an idea of changes in setup.
    A very well know FE boater once said that the true speed of a boat is measured over a 300ft pass......twice !!

I really hope this thread continues as it is a fantastic read. Fantasy is the operative term here.

btw. I can not comment on the reference to the car as I know bugger all about RC cars other than I have seen a few that are dead set fast !!

Default My MPH results using the OSE charts

Hello! Well everyone take a look at the OSE chart and tell me if theres anything wrong about it...by the way all the charts in here (OSE) point to the same results after I input the info of my gear... OSE SV 27 EP MPH pic. of what I am supposed to be doing with the gear I have. LOL ,Can anyone please elaborate as to why a GPS, the charts here or a radar gun could be wrong? I know nothings perfect or 100% accurate. I am starting to think that I shouldnt let my self guide from any of those right? The results in the pic read 51 MPH. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-23-2008 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon.O. View Post
    Nah, you did o.k on that one mate.
    This topic is one I come back to each evening for a f....in good laugh.
    The whole idea of feather weight this and carbonite that plus "hallowed"( read: reduced strength ) is all bollocks.
    Moving, modding and reducing stickers just costs me a new set of undies each time I read it.
    GPS readings are good, but not fool proof or formidably accurate. They give an idea of changes in setup.
    A very well know FE boater once said that the true speed of a boat is measured over a 300ft pass......twice !!

I really hope this thread continues as it is a fantastic read. Fantasy is the operative term here.

btw. I can not comment on the reference to the car as I know bugger all about RC cars other than I have seen a few that are dead set fast !!
    ...............were on the same page, i laughed so hard i almost peed myself.......

Whatever !LOL...Thanks to all though...LOL!LOL!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAAHA!!!

Default More pics!

More pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images

god the inside of that boat looks horrible..

you know your losing a couple MPH with all that crud inside there right?!

But thats modded crud. Its more better.

Medusa's head...But for real i like this dude hex..I can always count on him for a chuckle.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Quote Originally Posted by chirotray View Post
    But thats modded crud. Its more better.
    UH, I believe thats "betterer" yeah thats betterer

Quote Originally Posted by Mich. Maniac View Post
    UH, I believe thats "betterer" yeah thats betterer
    I believe you are correct sir. Good show!

Heck,my sv does 65mph when I take it to the lake.sometimes it goes faster if no cops are around to stop me!!

Man, 65, you must not have any stickers at all!

lmao wow

Some comments sure sound retarded like the current of some batteries... I opened the batteries then I had to add the electrical tape after removing the shrink wrap ,cuz I can weld them myself and I also have the voltage meter to measure voltage ... The batteries can perform like any of the other brands, did anyone know the maker of the cells that I use was SANYO.Only these were modified by Electrifly and me then. Those cells are all SANYO not a copy they are SANYO 4/5 sub-c cells ...only Electricfly does some mods and sells them as theirs like almost all other companies do..SANYO first then GP ,duratrax or tower hobbies or something then after they ve moded them. These brands sell batteries as theirs when they are all SANYOS,SANYO invented rechargeable batteries.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-24-2008 at 12:38 AM.

Hex, your anxiousness and zeal may have set you up for most of the critique. Most of these guys have been doing RC boating for years and know what to and what not to expect from the marriage of certain components. Neither can you sell them a cat in a bag, pull the blanket over their heads or give them a 6 for a 9. As I read and respond to most of your threads if you noticed many of the serious experts haven't weight in on the convo, because at some point it becomes moot.

Never the less you've convinced yourself of the results from your endeavors and like the old saying goes " a man convinced against his opinion, is of the same opinion in the end."
    Last edited by RCprince; 06-24-2008 at 12:49 AM.

Hex, in all fairness, have you ever actually seen one of these boats set up properly and with lipos run? I mean in real life, not videos. And seriously, please answer this, do you or do you not have a gps or a radar gun? And if you do, just post some evidence and nobody will argue with your SANYO batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by hex-dj View Post
    Hello! Well everyone take a look at the OSE chart and tell me if theres anything wrong about it...by the way all the charts in here (OSE) point to the same results after I input the info of my gear... OSE SV 27 EP MPH pic. of what I am supposed to be doing with the gear I have. LOL ,Can anyone please elaborate as to why a GPS, the charts here or a radar gun could be wrong? I know nothings perfect or 100% accurate. I am starting to think that I shouldnt let my self guide from any of those right? The results in the pic read 51 MPH. LOL
    Why is everyone still questioning this anymore?? Stop!, he stated "The results in the PIC read 51 MPH." I'm done, that proves everythig. I'm gunna go plug some numbers into the FE Calc too to make my SV27 go 80 MPH!

~Peace.

I am sending money to buy the Bushnell radar gun which has a limit of 110 MPH. Anyone has tried these in boats?

OK I ve just removed the crud from the boat. I think Im ready for a Sunday video and test .Chiro get some more experinece and read my darn posts for God s sake... Is your boat brown as I know Chiro means brown in Japanese? Thanks and peace to all.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-24-2008 at 03:51 AM.

Awsome set up i like the black tape and zip ties the best you should get more speed if you blacktape the bottom of the hull...................
    Hawaiian Tunda

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast