Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra modified SV 27 pics ...

Default Ultra modified SV 27 pics ...

I am currently using an AMMO 2300Kv , octura x438, feather weight carbon gears servo, hallowed some aluminum parts to make it lighter ,sharpened 2 blades and fins,14 cells, 2000 Mah ,4/5 sub-c cells ,Novak 2700 mf Power capacitor in stock ESC. Boat GPS ed 55 MPH...Very ,very fast! Motor and ESC got slightly warm.I ve got pics too. I ve been running R/Cs for eight years now. I also have a Black Jack 26 modified too. Checkout the Black Jack 26 EP forums too.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-14-2008 at 07:23 PM.

Default Pics of my Ultra mod SV 27 EP...

Full throtle ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default 2nd pic

Second pic.. HAHHAHA ..ooops all my boats are drag race ready thats why they excel in speed with cheap set ups... imagine something more expensive,but way too heavy... Hahaha...Videos coming soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I also use rain X ,believe me it makes boats faster.

Looks awesome, get that video posted!!
    Do or do not, there is no try!!!!!
    Aeromarine Titan 29 H&M Hawaii Kai III Proboat Stiletto ML Boatworks PS295 (No.8)

Quote Originally Posted by hex-dj View Post
    I also use rain X ,believe me it makes boats faster.
    sorry nope.
    running the full size hi performance boats i know first hand "rain X" will not help.
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

Realy well I ve tested it and no salt sticks to none of my boats ,because it works the same way it does on a windshield in any polished paint. Why you say it does not help? Can you please elaborate on that?

How exaclty is it helping you out? Are you using it as a protectant or for a performance gain?

Both ,because I dont get any salt under the hull first and second it makes the hull repel water under the hull like it repels water in car paint or in a windshield crystal making any boat big or small faster, dont know how much speed it will add to boats exactly ,but I ve seen speed increse with my eyes and gps differences for example without it, my sv 27 looks slower and gps ed only 52.465 MPH when applied it GPS ed 55.0 MPH following the water stream both times when gps ed. I can imagine a Hydro or a Rigger with this kind of setup. I use many drag race principles even from full scale drag vehicles or boats. I will be getting the new Miss Elam brushless RTR when it becomes available. I will try the same setup Im using with both my SV 27 and BJ 26 EPs RTRs. I get very fast speeds from any setup on any R/C... Sometimes expensive doesnt mean faster,but sometimes setting up right takes a bit of time and testing.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-12-2008 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Misspel

These are my opinions and not fact, so feel free to correct me!

from what i hear... you need a slightly rought surface to trap a very fine layer of bubbles on the bottom of the hull, to break surface tention between the boat and the water, and a smooth polished surface is counter productive.

maybe if it was to be used on a non running surface it might help clean up, you say your running on salt water?, i would like to see the speed difference on fresh water, i'd be surprised if you came close with thoses speeds.

Apples 1, Ask yourself this question... Why do we need to polish propellers? Is it to make them spin faster or just to look sharp and shiny? Same thing happens to paint when it is polished according to my experience.

Take a look at a full scale race boat and look at the bottom of the hulls.

Having been in the F1 boating scene for a few years in a pit capacity, there is not a single race boat that has a shinny painted running surface on the Aussie Circuit.

I'm not sure about the rain x qualities but if you put Mr sheen on a RC boat it is slower than with out it.

What does everyone elses expierince show? what is the consensis, a poll would be nice.?

Yes a poll will be nice. Well rain x may actualy add weight and repels all water,but scuffing as far as I understand makes a boat stick more to the water in my belief, I think a good engineering and paint class will help.

It's a fact that the smooth surface creates more drag by increased friction. It's also a fact that a 3mph difference on gps can be no gain what so ever. The gps reading is based on avarages not exact ground speed. The stop watch over a marked distance is the only true way to mark your speed.
    These are not opinions. This is information givin to me by guy's who have forgot more about rc boating than I ever hope to know.

hex-dj right o mate lets see some pics of this ultra mod sv27. sounds so fast that it will hardly touch the water . i want a race

Anytime Bonewar! Another detail is that on the SV 27 after I sharpened the blades I angled them to the back a couple of degrees . The strut was angled a couple of degrees after sharpening too.

but scuffing as far as I understand makes a boat stick more to the water in my belief
    My opinion…

Are you familiar with “window clings?” These are the paper thick, translucent, plastic decorations that are put on windows for holidays, birthdays etc. You get them slightly wet and place them on the window and they stick to the glass.

I believe that a smooth bottom makes the hull adhere to the water in the same fashion that a window cling sticks to the glass. Also, if you have ever tried to attach a suction cup to a rough surface you know that it does not stick well, if at all. Hence the reason for roughing up the bottom of a boat.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

I quess all of the guys who have set Kilo records in offshore racing don't have a clue what they are doing since none of them have polished running surfaces.

Thing is that the smooth bottom also keeps the boat from getting any animals or leaves or anything else. The smooth paint protects it. READ ABOUT THE PAINTING PROCESS OF A BOAT > PLEASE SEARCH THE WEB. In my opinion having a scuffed hull is wrong,but whatever it will be another forum then. I will always have my boats with a smooth bottom no matter what. To protect them from little animals. And let me tell you the fastest fish on water has scales, and scales are something between rough and smooth. Thats the sailfish which is 220 lbs,but has a lot of muscle.A shark may be fast ,but not fast enough...
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-14-2008 at 03:00 AM.

Add water to any papper and it will stick to anywhere rough or smooth surface. I dont know ,but I think everyone ,even some record holders have to do a little research from many different sources in books or in the web to get to your own conclusions... As far as i know real record holders use Riggers painted all over. No scuffed bottom? I dont know I guess ill have to see one myself. Also about suction cups,they stick better if you add water because water serves as glue to anything you add it to.

Why some fish are slimmy and others arent?

A shark s skin is very rough though they are slower than Marlins or Sailfish...

Hex, all those posts..... who are you talking to? voices in you head?

Well the consensis is that EVERY RC and full scale boater must not have a clue with all those rough surfaces, huh?

Anyway this is off topic, if you want we can start a new "polished or rough running surface thread"

agreed apples... god... this is a little disturbing...

Right ozboater.
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-15-2008 at 05:22 AM.

,even some record holders have to do a little research from many different sources in books or in the web to get to your own conclusions
    The record holders have done the research. It's not done in a books & in some part it is on the web but 99% of it's on the water and in the work shop with lungs full of dust and eyes full of sweat. Practicle application is how 99% of us come to our conclusions..Oh and records. Book's are fine for earning grades but you can wipe your ass on them when it comes to earning record's and fast reliable setups. That's my 2 cents here & I'm done.

Ok SJFE you are right and by the way I just finised scuffing a little the bottoms of both my SV 27 and BJ 26. I ll see how everything comes out tomorrow and hoping the weather is ok,because lately it has been rainy. Thanks for the advice to all...Sorry if I argued ,but I think I ve learned something, oh and steven I sent you a Money order for my latest order.THX!
    Last edited by hex-dj; 06-14-2008 at 07:22 PM.

55 MPH...
    It's in your and everyone's best interest here to share their setups and it "sounds" nice. BUT, back statements of speed with evidence or anyone can say anything like "My SV27 is Ultra-Ultra modified and running running 60 MPH." Lets see a GPS, properly placed, with a pic of it coming in with the GPS showing @55 MPH.

Perception of speed means nothing when everyone’s perception is very different so lets see the GPS.

Peace~

Plenty of proof out there that show a slick shiney hullls is slower. Wet sanded with 600 is the best. Props are polished for looks and to get a better price.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast