Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Dec.21/2012 Doomsday Thread

They diss appeared. Nobody knows where they went.... No traces of where they went. Maybe they were smart enough to leave.....earth

The calendar they recorded is amazingly accurate, even more accurate than our modern day atomic clock! They didn't even have paper n pen to record the findings. The high priests were awarded with the honors of this. That would have been one of the highest held offices. Would haven been a major position amongst the culture! The part that sucks is that the job consisted of day in and day out of watching and scribing in soft stone the super slight movements of celestial bodies( and not having any reruns of of ren and stimpy to watch or even having any Budweiser) lol!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The only thing that alarms me is history repeating itself. Every, every civilization in the past has ended in collapse. Hopefully (not in my lifetime) our modern day civilization has developed the skills to evolve past this. But with (at least in our country, USA) the current state of our economy and our government I do worry about our future. Any body in the real estate business, banking, or development? All the legal things and paperwork having to be done, it's crazy. Just the other day I had to give a finance company the receipts on amount of wood I used to build a set of 4'x3 steps at the front door. I buy lumber in bulk. This was going to hold up a $100,000+ sale. Had to get fingerprinted for another finance company even though I only handed the potential buyer an application that I only fax to the bank. Have to get a "contractors lichens" if I do more than $5,000 worth of work, just so they have a way of "finding me" but my company information isn't enough? My ss# , my dealers license , my financial records. Just another way to get $500. On and on,,, really making me just want to sell my business and move to costa rica!!! But then I would have to wait even longer for the ups man to drop off boat parts! :). I think our doomsday is going to have to be a complete revamp of our government. Simple liberties like if I want to wear my seat belt shouldn't be government enforced. Have insurance decide, one rate if you choose to and one rate if not, if I want to drink hot coffee and then spill it on myself I should be fined for trying to sue the vendor that sold me hot coffee, not making them rebrand the cup it came in to say caution hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The calendar they recorded is amazingly accurate, even more accurate than our modern day atomic clock! They didn't even have paper n pen to record the findings. The high priests were awarded with the honors of this. That would have been one of the highest held offices. Would haven been a major position amongst the culture! The part that sucks is that the job consisted of day in and day out of watching and scribing in soft stone the super slight movements of celestial bodies( and not having any reruns of of ren and stimpy to watch or even having any Budweiser) lol!!!!!!!

Actually the calender that everyone is referring to does not even exist. This is all garbage info by media to make money. This calendar is an Aztec calender from 500 years before the Myan even existed. Mexico reported they gained 26% more tourists this year than ever before. It's all baloney.

Ive recently downloaded the X-Files series to freshen up on documentary evidence of Alien visitations to Earth.

Chronologically, Australia will reach 21-Dec-2012 before the US.. if anything unusual happens, I'll let you know.

Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    Ive recently downloaded the X-Files series to freshen up on documentary evidence of Alien visitations to Earth.

Chronologically, Australia will reach 21-Dec-2012 before the US.. if anything unusual happens, I'll let you know.

Hey Doc, IF : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzqiPvGrkTo

If you get THERE first, save me a seat. I'll bring lunch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJi4bln-hHQ because http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSNxu_405Mk
    Last edited by properchopper; 12-09-2012 at 01:18 AM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Hey Doc,

If you get THERE first, save me a seat. I'll bring lunch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJi4bln-hHQ because /www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSN
    Mate..... Pffft. !

I'll have the BBQ fired up & steaks sizzling .. a most appealing warm up to where Im likely to go, beer in hand , waving adios to the crowd
    . .
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAccord View Post
    Actually the calender that everyone is referring to does not even exist. This is all garbage info by media to make money. This calendar is an Aztec calender from 500 years before the Myan even existed. Mexico reported they gained 26% more tourists this year than ever before. It's all baloney.
    what resources do you have? other than your information, which is probably as twisted as anyone elses, how do you just discredit anyone? youre a product of your source of info as much as anyone.

Maby you should read a little more- it's called the long count calendar. How does the tourists increase get involved into this? If you are referring to the recent increase in news coverage then yes, just like christmass, the closer the event gets the more coverage it gets, is christmass all baloney because everyone is talking about it? Duh

Maby you should read a little more- it's called the long count calendar. How does the tourists increase get involved into this? If you are referring to the recent increase in news coverage then yes, just like christmass, the closer the event gets the more coverage it gets, is christmass all baloney because everyone is talking about it? Duh
    And you are stateing that the Aztecs were prexisting the myan civilization? By 500 years? I just want t get my facts right, always learning, :)

And you are stateing that the Aztecs were prexisting the myan civilization? By 500 years? I just want t get my facts right, always learning, :)
    clearly this guy has some mixed up info. which he seems to think is fact

LOL. This calender holds no ground, the calender everyone is referring to is an Aztec one. Do your research. I was referring to the calender only, I know I said it funny that it was the people. The Myan were before the Aztec, but betwen them its about 500 years and its the Aztec calender belongs to the Aztecs not the Mya. This calender ends like the one on your wall, for this year is all it means.

LOL. This calender holds no ground, the calender everyone is referring to is an Aztec one. Do your research. I was referring to the calender only, I know I said it funny that it was the people. The Myan were before the Aztec, but betwen them its about 500 years and its the Aztec calender belongs to the Aztecs not the Mya. This calender ends like the one on your wall, for this year is all it means.
    yeah… all cooper was saying was how accurate it is. what did he say about it being the end of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    yeah… all cooper was saying was how accurate it is. what did he say about it being the end of the world?
    Read the previous post, I addressed the calandar ending as just like Sunday is the end of the week. It doesn't mean that Sunday is the end of all days, just rolls over to Monday the start of a new week. Same with the Miya calendar, the long count, just an end to a cycle, a very long cycle, something like 15000 years( I'm not sure about the actual length of the long count calandar but it several thousand years).
    And the Aztecs are basically the remnants of the past Miya. (So to speak)

Its getting closer....I'm scared

I don't want to be rude but you are wrong with that information. If you we're referring to the long count calandar. The Miya had dozens of calandars, the Aztecs also had several calandars, based on yearly cycles, the only calandar that is being associated with dooms day is the long count from the Miya.

He'll I want it to be December 26th! That's when I get to work on the new boat hull!!!!

And to an extent, sweetaccord, I agree with you, the only thing happening after dec 21st is December 22nd.

I'll get the facts for you all today. Stay tuned.

Doom’s Day Prophecies; Mya Fact or Fiction? More fiction, and there is way more evidence to prove it than not, and I’ll explain how. Follow closely you will see the fact over fiction.

Remember the Y2K frenzy? This is the same situation, the media was pushing what they did not understand and put fear into it all. Then you have the “nay sayers” who find the negativity in everything and are easily persuaded, and then we have the “Dooms Day Pepper’s” and the “Theorists” who can and will do nothing more than talk theory-which anyone can do which is all about saying anything that they “think” is right until you can prove them wrong, which is ass backwards. Many theories held for many years until they were proven wrong with fact and presentable concrete evidence. So what happened with the Y2K will be the same thing here, nothing.

Here are the facts:

1. There is absolutely no empirical evidence stated anywhere that there is or will be an “End of the world” in the Myan culture.
    2. In 2010 the University of Boston found that the Myan calendar continued 7,000 years after Dec 21st. So much for the end of the world.
    3. Myan expert Anthony Avenie agrees, “This sort of popular conception of the Myan calendar having an expiration date on it is in and of itself a fallacy.”
    4. Anthony explained this is like the odometers on your car that reset after 99,9999 miles. The car still exists after that and will run even though they can’t display more than five digits.
    5. It’s important that people understand that the Mya predicted the world would continue. That was their point. They didn’t and never did predict it would end. There would be cycles, new beginnings-but never an ending. It’s our human nature to look for an ending to fear as we go further forward.
    6. Wrong calendar; many stories on the Myan calendar erroneously show a photo of the Aztec stone of the sun. This device was never used by the Mya at ALL! Instead, it is an artifact of the ancient Aztecs, used as a symbol for time not as a calendar. This is what I was trying to state in my previous post and said it awkward.
    7. Today 10 million Mya decedents still live in parts of Guatemala and the Yucatan. To them (when asked) Dec 21st is just the date which their calendars will reset like the same calendar we use every year. They don’t see Dec 21st as an end; instead they see it as the beginning of a new era.
    8. Not one current Myan expert today believes there will be an apocalypse per Joshua Berman.
    9. Remember the Y2K how everyone stated it would be the end? Doomsday believers predicted the end of the world. This glitch was quickly taken by the Dooms days’ crowd that it would be the end of the world. and the Theorists jumped in also, but people who were “in the know” claimed and knew that it’s only a computer glitch that would occur when the calendar would reset which is what happened. What is fact is that it had all the same attributes that is also connected to the Myan calendar to “reset’ but has no basis to an end.
    10. Recently, archaeologist Davis Stuart, an epigrapher working with William Saturno at the Boston University, found that their studies show “there was a lot more to the Myan calendar that just 3 balaclava, the cycle that is set to due to end on Dec 21st. The Myan calendar is going to keep going for billions and trillions and octillion’s of years into the future. Many don’t know or realize this.
    11. The Mya developed astronomy calendar systems, hieroglyphics, and architectural structures as pyramids, temples and observatories. It was their deep understanding of the positions of the stars that lead to the creation of this calendar, nothing more.

If you think otherwise, we’ll see who’s right, otherwise, enjoy your Holidays and forget about all this nonsense.

Nonsense yes maybe but, how many times will there be a cry for wolf and then one day he appears knocking at your door, very hungry.

Do not live to prep, prep to live and live in the moment. Nothing will happens on the 21st but, there may be a sign of what is to come.... maybe,
    Nortavlag Bulc

The Myan calendar is going to keep going for billions and trillions and octillion’s of years into the future.

Really ?
    That's sad for those who've spent all on end of world parties....... back to work on 22nd, hungover, broke and likely missing their underwear.

My advice ?.. enjoy your evening, and keep clean panties handy, just in case there's a sunrise ...
    Last edited by drwayne; 12-10-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Doom’s Day Prophecies; Mya Fact or Fiction? More fiction, and there is way more evidence to prove it than not, and I’ll explain how. Follow closely you will see the fact over fiction.

Remember the Y2K frenzy? This is the same situation, the media was pushing what they did not understand and put fear into it all. Then you have the “nay sayers” who find the negativity in everything and are easily persuaded, and then we have the “Dooms Day Pepper’s” and the “Theorists” who can and will do nothing more than talk theory-which anyone can do which is all about saying anything that they “think” is right until you can prove them wrong, which is ass backwards. Many theories held for many years until they were proven wrong with fact and presentable concrete evidence. So what happened with the Y2K will be the same thing here, nothing.

Here are the facts:

1. There is absolutely no empirical evidence stated anywhere that there is or will be an “End of the world” in the Myan culture.
    2. In 2010 the University of Boston found that the Myan calendar continued 7,000 years after Dec 21st. So much for the end of the world.
    3. Myan expert Anthony Avenie agrees, “This sort of popular conception of the Myan calendar having an expiration date on it is in and of itself a fallacy.”
    4. Anthony explained this is like the odometers on your car that reset after 99,9999 miles. The car still exists after that and will run even though they can’t display more than five digits.
    5. It’s important that people understand that the Mya predicted the world would continue. That was their point. They didn’t and never did predict it would end. There would be cycles, new beginnings-but never an ending. It’s our human nature to look for an ending to fear as we go further forward.
    6. Wrong calendar; many stories on the Myan calendar erroneously show a photo of the Aztec stone of the sun. This device was never used by the Mya at ALL! Instead, it is an artifact of the ancient Aztecs, used as a symbol for time not as a calendar. This is what I was trying to state in my previous post and said it awkward.
    7. Today 10 million Mya decedents still live in parts of Guatemala and the Yucatan. To them (when asked) Dec 21st is just the date which their calendars will reset like the same calendar we use every year. They don’t see Dec 21st as an end; instead they see it as the beginning of a new era.
    8. Not one current Myan expert today believes there will be an apocalypse per Joshua Berman.
    9. Remember the Y2K how everyone stated it would be the end? Doomsday believers predicted the end of the world. This glitch was quickly taken by the Dooms days’ crowd that it would be the end of the world. and the Theorists jumped in also, but people who were “in the know” claimed and knew that it’s only a computer glitch that would occur when the calendar would reset which is what happened. What is fact is that it had all the same attributes that is also connected to the Myan calendar to “reset’ but has no basis to an end.
    10. Recently, archaeologist Davis Stuart, an epigrapher working with William Saturno at the Boston University, found that their studies show “there was a lot more to the Myan calendar that just 3 balaclava, the cycle that is set to due to end on Dec 21st. The Myan calendar is going to keep going for billions and trillions and octillion’s of years into the future. Many don’t know or realize this.
    11. The Mya developed astronomy calendar systems, hieroglyphics, and architectural structures as pyramids, temples and observatories. It was their deep understanding of the positions of the stars that lead to the creation of this calendar, nothing more.

If you think otherwise, we’ll see who’s right, otherwise, enjoy your Holidays and forget about all this nonsense.
    This is all fine, but nobody is here claiming its the end! Cooper said nothing of the sort... You haven't made any point to the debate of the Mayan calender being accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    This is all fine, but nobody is here claiming its the end! Cooper said nothing of the sort... You haven't made any point to the debate of the Mayan calender being accurate.
    it's not about being accurate, it's all about this Thread which is about Official Dec.21/2012 Doomsday Thread which began with https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...oomsday-Thread with the Myan controversy.

This thread was started after I was asked in another non related thread about my signature and it's relation to z. Stichen.
    A few of us started discussing ideas about Sumerians etc....
    Steven deleted our discussion because it didn't relate to topic so ray started this thread to discuss further, only he missed the point of myself and the other members discussion and labeled it "doomsday"thread.
    Werent you blabbing about how humans could have built pyramids? How does that relate to doomsday? First youre on topic then off....

Here are the facts:

Uhhhhhhh, please read post 12, that's post number twelve (12).

And post 44

The facts of the matter are that we don't know our fait and never will. At any time we could have a supervalcano erupt plunging us into years of dark resulting in total collapse of the food chain. We could have a massive solar flair knock out our electric grid, taking years to fix, and depleting the ozone resulting in everything be irradiated. There could be an asteroid impact to again kill off 90% of all life. Pole shift-not so much but would have dramatic climate change. Most of these things have happened numerous time throught the history of our planet. Most of the scientific world agree that 90 percent of all earth life is extinct. And now are thinking that life might be like an infection-wherever it takes hold it runs rampant. All these things could be our demise but the doomsday I see is our government. Taking liberties little at a time but definitely taking them. Soon it's possible that I will be forced (or arrested) to wear safety glasses, helmet, life vest, and have a spotter to run my rc boat! Not to mention ill need a liciens to operate it and an special liciens if i operate it over 60mph!!!

I remember the panic on the Millenium, computer problems etc but none of them came. I;ll wake the 22nd, get my breakfast, help the kids to go to school and prepare for work.

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnlimited View Post
    I remember the panic on the Millenium, computer problems etc but none of them came. I;ll wake the 22nd, get my breakfast, help the kids to go to school and prepare for work.
    your kids go to school on saturday? hmmm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast