Thread: FS: Original Andy Kunz UL-1

Default FS: Original Andy Kunz UL-1

Hey Guys... I saw this posted on the Rum Runner forum and wanted to make sure you guys were informed... (if you aren't already over there looking...).

Here is the link to the add: http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/fefor...397#post196397

And here is the add itself:

This is an original Andy Kunz hull - perfect condition. It has not been joined, but the doublers and cf rod stiffeners have been installed. Included are all the other parts e.g. the fins, foam, etc., and the Construction Manual (which I printed out.)
    Nothing has been cut or drilled. I bought this from Eddie Hansen and he may have additional details on it. I am building a different boat for LSH so this one has to go. $80 obo + shipping (I recently got hosed shipping a SC32!)

I would be very interested in a trade-type deal for LSH motor/esc.

Thanks very much. Jock
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I have not seen this hull, but the hull Darin has is the original. The molds/plugs were sold. The old one is normally highly sought after and a 2005 nationals winner. I'm sure it also has a bunch of other wins.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I know who has the mold.

Jim

Is this a round nose hydro?

Quote Originally Posted by U40 View Post
    I know who has the mold.

Jim
    I dont think its a secret. BBY has and still makes the abs hulls. But for some reason people are still searching for Andy's.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    I dont think its a secret. BBY has and still makes the abs hulls. But for some reason people are still searching for Andy's.

Jeff has the molds...

Who's Jeff?

Randy is the owner of the Rc Hydros plugs and has been since Andy stopped making them.
    Steven Vaccaro

Mr Vaccaro, How long have you been in business and into FE? You must have good hookups cause your prices are right inline with other big online stores and you seem to know everyone in the bis.

One cool thing about the FE community is that every one is acesable. Once you make it your main RC interest you wind up getting acquainted with allot of people. Most of witch are in business. It’s kind of an every one knows or knows of every one else type of thing. That’s been my experience any way..

Who's Jeff?

Randy is the owner of the Rc Hydros plugs and has been since Andy stopped making them.

The wire drive guy wholt or something... At least that's what andy said In a post about wet joining sponsons...

Quote Originally Posted by Mich. Maniac View Post
    Mr Vaccaro, How long have you been in business and into FE? You must have good hookups cause your prices are right inline with other big online stores and you seem to know everyone in the bis.
    I have been in rc boats since about 1997. I started in electric cars around 1983.
    I started in the fe boat biz in the late 90's or so.

You can read the whole outdated boring story here.
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/about.php

To add to what Tom said, this is a very small group of guys and vendors. Most guys in this biz do it on the side like me or are close to retirement. I own a jewelry store as my fulltime job.
    Steven Vaccaro

Speaking of witch Mr V I still need to get somthing for my grooms men....lol. Whats on sale in the mens department:D.

For the grooms I have to recommend a bunch of football tickets! :D If you really want jewelry the big department store lots of times have cool gold plated money clips or something like that onsale. Gold right now will cost you a fortune. It almost $700 an ounce again. I was selling the same stuff I have today for 1/2 of the price of 2 years ago!
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by Mich. Maniac View Post
    I have no idea the answer to this question but I think Steven is just a good guy who is in it for the same reason we are and knows everyone doesn't DEEP pockets. I second Mich. Maniacs private thoughts Steven... THanks for not screwing us with a huge mark up :D

Wow..ok then. I will look into something else. Maybe I'll buy them all Picoo Zs, get all floped up @ the reception hall and fly them into the cake!!:D

For the grooms I have to recommend a bunch of football tickets! :D If you really want jewelry the big department store lots of times have cool gold plated money clips or something like that onsale. Gold right now will cost you a fortune. It almost $700 an ounce again. I was selling the same stuff I have today for 1/2 of the price of 2 years ago!

Does jeff wholt not have the molds? I will go over the post on rum runner about andy saying who had the mold. I know randy does to...