Thread: Im stuck between getting Motley Crew Cat or Revolt 30

Question Im stuck between getting Motley Crew Cat or Revolt 30

Hi Guys,

I could defintly use some serious help. im stuck between Revolt30 and Motley crew Cat. I know they are 2 different style boats. whats a better buy? revolt or motley crew? Plus upgrading prop and lipo. im going crazy here. Right Now I Have a mini wildcat had it for awhile. going to give it to my son for starter. also had a spartan I wasnt to thrilled witht that boat. way to flexiable and plastic look.

Either boat is good i have both and they are equally upgradable i guess it would boil down to your water conditions. If you have good glassy water to run take your pick if the water you have is choppy or wavy all the time definitely go with the MC as it handles rougher water better. Hope this helps if you have any other questions just post them up.
    Im Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What You Understand

I have a Motley, a buddy has a Revolt. Revolt hands down if it's a choice between those two. I've re done just about everything on mine added some stiffness to it, fiberglassed the inside of the hatch, put in an aftermarket motor mount, swapped out the rudder for one with a cooling pickup, replaced the stuffing tube and cable. To be honest I'm not at all impressed with the quality of the MC but what can you expect for about 400$ all up ready to go less batteries.
    The Revolt has completely different hardware that is not as "cheap" for lack of a better term.
    I've had mine since they came out, pretty sure if the Revolt was available I would have bought it instead, plus I'm just not that big a fan of cats anymore. Prefer the handling of a monohull. Of the Aquacraft models I'd say the best bang for your buck is the UL-1 if your local water conditions are generally pretty smooth.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

The revolt has to be one of the best rtr boats out now. At least at its price point. I have upgraded the flex shaft and changed the prop.
    My revolt consistently runs 46-47mph and handles great. I will probably add a layer of carbon to the hull over the winter but,
    thats just me tryin to perfect a boat that is allready damn good.

Chip

The water here is always changing 1 day it's perfectly smooth dead calm then the next you got a nice little breeze bring about 1-2 inch waves sometimes bigger. Normal day is usually 5mph breeze sometimes slower. Im still looking for.places to run on cuz these cove I live next too are always too breezey from the plane turbulance from the local runway.

Another question...the supervee 27r ..i know nothing about that boat what so ever

I have one of those as well, was my first electric. Even the R version is pretty dated, some interesting handling quirks that limit the top speed. The are a blast when you have a few of them all stock running together, makes for some entertaining running, the nickname for them is SuperFlip.
    Revolt is much faster and better handling using the same batteries.
    Be advised that all of the RTR boats have limitations, pretty good chance you'll be thinking about building something in the not to distant future, you either get obsessed or not kind of hobby. Including a sailboat and a scale boat I'm building I think I have about 10 now!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Well siberian I have a proboat westward sailboat I love everything about it. I sail that thoig every nite all year long. I run my wildcat all year long. But any ways im guessing the revolt is good in moderate water conditions. Just dont want it to kamikaze itself after a nice skip hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by superslick View Post
    Hi Guys,

I could defintly use some serious help. im stuck between Revolt30 and Motley crew Cat. I know they are 2 different style boats. whats a better buy? revolt or motley crew? Plus upgrading prop and lipo. im going crazy here. Right Now I Have a mini wildcat had it for awhile. going to give it to my son for starter. also had a spartan I wasnt to thrilled witht that boat. way to flexiable and plastic look.
    Revolt I was out yesterday for a quick prop check. I ran one battery pack for aqll props and tried three props. First one lots of torque roll to the right M545 = 48 mph with 16.80 volts, next X 437 ran nice 49 =mph with 15.50 and x 645 perfect @ 52 mph with only 15 volts left in battery Grim 4s 5000 40 c.
    Hughey cable, 5.5m connectors with stock esc to motor connectors, strut staight with hull bottom right trims tab down just a little,
    Don't buy a cheap car / truck battery the Grim has done everything I have asked of it.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caruso View Post
    Revolt I was out yesterday for a quick prop check. I ran one battery pack for aqll props and tried three props. First one lots of torque roll to the right M545 = 48 mph with 16.80 volts, next X 437 ran nice 49 =mph with 15.50 and x 645 perfect @ 52 mph with only 15 volts left in battery Grim 4s 5000 40 c.
    Hughey cable, 5.5m connectors with stock esc to motor connectors, strut staight with hull bottom right trims tab down just a little,
    Don't buy a cheap car / truck battery the Grim has done everything I have asked of it.
    Mike
    Can you tell me if you are using 1 battery or 2 and what volts?Also what ESC?Thanks.

One battery AquaCraft Grim Racer 4s 14.8 fully charged 16.8 volts. Mount it all the way back. Look at my Galley pictures. Stock ESC.
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike Caruso; 12-05-2012 at 07:07 AM. Reason: TEXT

Hey mike ,Those props you have are they octura props?