Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4s Cheetah prop options

these are my 2 choises for planes:

http://www.valuehobby.com/airplanes/...su26m-arf.html

http://www.valuehobby.com/airplanes/...oasis-arf.html

I used to fly F3A in the early to late 90's.

Nice choice Carl. I hope you've got some flying background or those 2 planes are going to be frustrating to learn with.

Chip

F3A models are so very nice to fly. they go right where you point them, do what you want of them,
    and really show no tendencies of doing odd things that conventional sport planes have.

Carl, I didn't know if you were a flyer or just picking it up.

Chip

As soon as you ladies bring the thread back to its original topic, I have a Cheetah run result to chime in about. I don't fly planes; tried helis but found that my thumbs and brain aren't connected
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

What ya got tony? I saw your cheetah video and it looks pretty good. I have extended the battery trays to get the cg right. Hope to get the chance to run it again this weekend.

Chip

Quote Originally Posted by chipgibbs View Post
    What ya got tony? I saw your cheetah video and it looks pretty good. I have extended the battery trays to get the cg right. Hope to get the chance to run it again this weekend.

Chip
    Chip,

For whatever reason (likely because I had the strut up in the rear @ 3degrees) mine liked to wheelie. (It's now leveled out a tad on the angle) Didn't blowover at WOT with the CG 9.5" from rear sponson tip But with a 450/3, the Neu motor and the hefty Dinogy 65C/130C packs, combined with a quick throttle response (even after using the "mild" ESC setting) and a fairly non-granular throttle pot on my cheapie Tx, the boat hits so hard when I punch the throttle at low to mid speeds that it heads for the moon (as in the last few seconds of the vid ) I just ordered a 4/52 2-blade for less traction than a 3-blade out of the hole and transitioning from half to full throttle. Bear in mind that you're running a 2000KV motor, mines 1900KV whatever that has to do with anything. (My Neu could probably load even more with yet bigger props; had no cooling 'cause of a leak at the rudder pickup & still came back room temp)

Haven't yet focused on turns. It does set the hull down off-throttle when backing off for turns and plows like most cats do in the turns but I really haven't done any tuning in that area. Seems to turn right OK but need more rudder to overcome propwalk/skeg-strut forces for left turning but will address next.

The Vid (and yes, the fins stayed on) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh4QYT2iIh0
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Well, I'm running the same batteries and prop, I'm going to get the cg to the 9.5" mark.......strut is just about right. Don't know if I'll work the rear ride pads yet but, I like the way tiqueman's cheetah cornered after he fixed them.

Chip

Hey Tony, We dont have that beautiful Mid 60's SoCal weather during the winter on the east coast. We've got to cross train.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Hey Tony, We dont have that beautiful Mid 60's SoCal weather during the winter on the east coast. We've got to cross train.
    Yup we're spoiled fer sure. Check out the warm sunny weather in Arizona at WWVII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flMuhSQcNBs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12