Thread: a lack of ac input chargers?

Default a lack of ac input chargers?

why is it that 80% of the chargers i see are dc input, i would like to pick up a good ac/dc input charger and it seems the high end hyperion duo charger is dc input- seems silly to buy a charger then have to buy a powersupply to charge in my house, whats the deal

Agreed!
    I have a couple of these that plug into the wall. Granted they are limited in Amp capacity, but my 4066 chargers are VERY plug and play. 2 years and still going strong.
    http://www.dynamiterc.com/Passport/

Corey
    This is NOT a toy?!?

It's cheaper not to have to have an inverter in the charger to handle AC. Since the vast majority of airplane/car/boat running is done in the field it makes more sense to have a less costly charger that uses the battery in your automobile. My Hyperion EOS7i chargers are dedicated AC chargers - I even cut off the DC lines.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

im using an IMAX B6 - AC , you can use it with AC or DC
    its great ! charges everything!

Hitec X 1 is A/C-D/C

The A/C input is usually only good for lower charge rates. Most A/C-D/C charger are limited in output while on A/C.

The new Dynamite Passport Duo 400W charger has an AC power supply that will allow you to charge up to 10 amps each. It was reviewed by Big Squid RC and compared to the Hyperion Duo - it was slightly faster with a quality charge. I've been looking at myself....

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/dynamite-p...harger-review/