Thread: Twin Accellerator Lipo Question

Default Twin Accellerator Lipo Question

Twin Accellerator Cat Build:
    I was going to run my Cat on 12 cells ??? what was I thinking ??? There is not much room for 12 cells and I would like to place the battery's low in the hull, Hmmmmm Lipo's seem the way to go.
    I am running two SV 27 BL motors. I think the KV is around 18,000 ??? Am I correct on this assumtion ??? The ESC's are X-Power Brushless 100 amp Esc from OSE.
    What battery configuration is best for my set up ???
    I figure the Mha range would be above 4000.
    I already have the Great Planes PolyCharge4 DC 4 Output LiPo Charger. It will charge up to 3000 Mha (manual settings).
    Will this charger work for higher Mha batteries ???
    What is a good Lipo battery and what Lipo's do you want to avoid ???
    Tanks a Million
    Attached Images Attached Images

i dont know much about lipos.... never made the leap into it but 12 cells wouldnt be enough 4 the boat n e way...... unless ur not looking to go very fast.... i dont think it would even really get to 30 mph.... jmo..... one of those motors alone can handle 14 cells... im not experienced enough w lipos 2 help u further
    60% of the time... it works every time!

Hmmmm thats why I am here looking for advice. Thanks for your input !!!

Any other takers on my question ???

i dont remember the exact specs on the sv motor.. but i do own one and i run it on 14 cells..... so i would look 4 voltage around 14.4 volts per motor... to start off with.... that would be 24 cells total in that little boat.... if u want to run a smaller voltage id throw in motors with a higher kv rating like a 7xl..... those speed controls should handle the load... just remember the rule of thumb with boats.... always start with a small prop and check ur temps every 30 sec or so.... this will help save ur investment while ur tuning....im not much help other then that cuz i dont know the first thing about lipos.... i think everyone here would agree with my opinion, but i may also be speaking outta turn.... really lovin the build tho so far.....""envy""

I would run a 4s pack to each motor. The sv motor draws about 40-55 amps. So I would look for a Lipo pack thats at least 20c and 4000mah.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Tanks Hammertime !!! I am stumped as well ??? I don't know $HIT ABOUT lipo's
    I am thinking four cell packs but not sure of the Mha's
    Would 4 cell's be a good choice ???

Dual 4's around 4000 @ 20c Kewl !!!
    Now what's that about 1pole and 2pole ???

the sv motor, if memory serves me correctly, is a 6 pole motor... the more poles a motor has the more torque. more torque less amp draw, bigger prop! i think it has to do with hom many magnets are in it and the spacing of them..