Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4s and 6s riggers

Default 4s and 6s riggers

I want to buy some more 4s riggers for my private pond. Also looking for my first 6s rigger. I'm in Northern California
    Please post some pictures. I want them rtr less radio and receiver.

Thanks, Allen

Allen, check out the Doug Twaits 4s and 6s rigger in the For Sale section.

I am selling my (4s) rigger mold in the for sale section.
    Jump on it, they produce some amazing riggers.

where r u located in nor cal?
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

Default Cordys Pond location

Quote Originally Posted by Namba328 View Post
    where r u located in nor cal?
    I'm 10 west of Cottonwood, just south of Redding. Are you close by?

Allen
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is a couple pictures of my new 24 by 15 brick rc boat doc. It's now floating. That's me with my back turned standing on the pier.
    after 2 years of drought the pond is now back to normal. The main body of the pond is about the size of a football field. I run 4s with no problems.

Im actually in stockton so im quite a ways from u.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...p?38805-Jae-fe

It's not RTR but could be in short order.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Default Stockton

Quote Originally Posted by Namba328 View Post
    Im actually in stockton so im quite a ways from u.
    Stockton is not a problem. My bass tournament partner lives in Hilmar just south of Turlock. I travel down there every couple of months.
    I owned a business in Manteca for 10 years, sold it and moved north to raise a Family. I would enjoy the opportunity to meet some fellow FE boaters in California. Lets exchange some information and get hooked up one day. I've already blocked my calendar for the FE nationals this spring just north of Sac.

What are you running? Can you tell me more about yourself and your rc background. What is your name?

Thanks, Allen

Well My name is Tommy Levescy. Ive been racing in District 9 since i was 5 and im now 20. Ive raced mostly nitro but recently started in electrics. Im working on a n2 rigger, n2 sport hydro, p-spec mono and p-spec sport hydro for the nats. But im more of a budget FE guy right now. Ive competed at multiple namba nationals but have been sooooooo close to win lol. But it'll be cool to here what u've got.

Tommy, here is the pics that I mentioned I would post of my pond toys and my 100mph fishing rig!

nice bass boat. That must of took alot of $ to build. And in those pond toys i see u have a few things that we can get together for the upcoming nats.

Tommy, The 280 Merc is unbelievable. I just love that thing. Its a screamin monster. 7750 rev limiter. Amazing. The Allison is a 950lb 20 footer. A rocket! Back to RC. You mention N2 and p spec? Where can I find the rules? I'm not familiar with these classes. I just bought the blue rigger from DiegoBoy. It has a new to me UL 1 motor and esc. I have not ran yet. I built the Mr. Krabbs last winter. I will have it custom painted soon. The yellow Godzilla was my first boat and I bought it new. I need help with appropriate set-up. Only ran 3 times. Incredible hull. It would be interesting get your opinion on european racing technology. What did you see in my pics that can be a project boat for the Nats?

Kevin, can you do 175 shipped to 96073 ? Could this hull be built and be competitive at the 2013 FE Nats?
    Thanks, Allen

The blue rigger is perfect for a p-spec outrigger, the mono depending on length could posibly double duty and a couple of things. The Mr. Krabbs would be a bitching 6s rigger. Here is the namba rule book:

http://namba.com/content/library/rul...a_rulebook.pdf

Your blue rigger already was setup as a p-spec which is awesome so it probably just need to be ran and dialed in. Depending on what ure mono has and ure Mr. Krabbs will depend on what we need to do. and also the other mono and sport. Ill pm u in a sec.

Tommy, here is more info and more pics

Gozilla XXL EVO yellow deep vee has a 2mm wire drive, Motor is a Viper 660 bb brushless, ESC is a Hacker 50 amp with timing set at 4 from manufacturer. I bought from extremedoc, now just MHz. 23 inches long

Mr. Krabbs, Motor is a Leopard 4 pole model 4082, I don't know if its a 2y, 2.5y, 3y or the 4d? Chris Fine said its 5 HP? I will have to research. I would like to make this a screamin 4s or might consider going 6s as long as its dependable and not high maintenance.
    I want to minimize my chances of destroying this hull. I have a ton of hours building templates and hand cutting all the mounts
    Out of carbon fiber. I bet you I have a grand already invested in this thing but its really awesome.

P-spec. Just bought and I have not run. I have a little work to mount booms and turn fin. I will run over Christmas vacation on my pond.

Sport hydro, I bought for 225 on rc universe, ran really well on 4s, hydra 120, and purple feigao, 1 and 3/8 by 2 and 7/8. My first 4s boat
    Blew it over a few times and the hull has some damage. I will rebuild for the kids and visitors. I robbed the hydra 120 for Mr. Krabbs

I really want to concentrate on the riggers. If the sport hydro racing looks fun at the Nats I will just start from scratch and build
    A new latest and the greatest.

ok well the Mr. Krabbs will be a great 6s rigger and the new one is already set up perfectly for a p-spec rigger. So what it looks like is u need to run the new rigger and do a lil research on the leopard motor and if it ends up being the 1.5y then it'll be perfect for P-hydro. Which is 4s.

Default Leopard

Tommy, I will do some research on the 1.5 and just run 4s for now. I might convert to 6s down the road. If I need to replace the 120, what would be the dream ESC for 6s? Here is more pics of my micros and my pond. I just moved the new dock under the catwalk yesterday. It's going to be an awesome platform for rc. I'm hoping the pond goes over the spillway this year. I have not been at full pool over the last couple of years.
    It should go up another 6 feet. I looked at the Namba rules link you sent me. In February I will measure and set-up a 10th mile legal course for testing and some fun!!!!

Thanks, Allen
    Last edited by kacordy; 12-15-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Tommy, Project Hull picture.

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    Tommy, Project Hull picture.
    I know that rigger! you and i need to talk. Were did u get it?

Tommy, I will do some research on the 1.5 and just run 4s for now. I might convert to 6s down the road. If I need to replace the 120, what would be the dream ESC for 6s? Here is more pics of my micros and my pond. I just moved the new dock under the catwalk yesterday. It's going to be an awesome platform for rc. I'm hoping the pond goes over the spillway this year. I have not been at full pool over the last couple of years.
    It should go up another 6 feet. I looked at the Namba rules link you sent me. In February I will measure and set-up a 10th mile legal course for testing and some fun!!!!

Thanks, Allen
    Dream esc would be castle 240 with a cap bank. but others may say other things

Tommy, here is more info and more pics

Gozilla XXL EVO yellow deep vee has a 2mm wire drive, Motor is a Viper 660 bb brushless, ESC is a Hacker 50 amp with timing set at 4 from manufacturer. I bought from extremedoc, now just MHz. 23 inches long

Mr. Krabbs, Motor is a Leopard 4 pole model 4082, I don't know if its a 2y, 2.5y, 3y or the 4d? Chris Fine said its 5 HP? I will have to research. I would like to make this a screamin 4s or might consider going 6s as long as its dependable and not high maintenance.
    I want to minimize my chances of destroying this hull. I have a ton of hours building templates and hand cutting all the mounts
    Out of carbon fiber. I bet you I have a grand already invested in this thing but its really awesome.

P-spec. Just bought and I have not run. I have a little work to mount booms and turn fin. I will run over Christmas vacation on my pond.

Sport hydro, I bought for 225 on rc universe, ran really well on 4s, hydra 120, and purple feigao, 1 and 3/8 by 2 and 7/8. My first 4s boat
    Blew it over a few times and the hull has some damage. I will rebuild for the kids and visitors. I robbed the hydra 120 for Mr. Krabbs

I really want to concentrate on the riggers. If the sport hydro racing looks fun at the Nats I will just start from scratch and build
    A new latest and the greatest.
    Is the rigger you bought from Diegoboy (Danny) a Rigged Insanity? I am currently racing my Insanity in D.12...

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Tommy, I cannot remember where I got the above rigger. It's 25.5 long by 15. Send me a pm with address and I will send it if you want to build it. I just want to focus on the bigger boats. I ran the P spec yesterday for the first time. I'm very disappointed. I thought it would run hard right out of the gate. Nope, I bought some recommended props from suggestions off the forums. It runs about 25 mph and the motor has a bad surge in it. It won't pull the suggested props, and the motor RPM's go up and down. 1st experience with the ul-1 combo. I will try to prop it down today and see if it will wind up or if its bad ESC or motor. I just bought it from DiegoBoy. I'm going to send him a pm and see if he has some set-up suggestions. I'm 3/4 of an inch from the bottom of the hull to the bottom of the speedmaster hydro strut.
    Pond is 3 foot from the spillway. It's going to be a great rc and fishing year!!! Please let me know what's up.
    Allen

Kent, yes, I bought the rigger from Danny. I want to get this thing running. Do you have any set-up suggestions? Please read my post to Tommy on my 1st run attempts.

Thanks, Allen

Kent, yes, I bought the rigger from Danny. I want to get this thing running. Do you have any set-up suggestions? Please read my post to Tommy on my 1st run attempts.

Thanks, Allen
    Yes, there are a few things I did differently from the plans/instructions...the left side sponson is set 3/4" further out than the right side to create a better "foot" in the turns. Also am using a Mike Hughes Sundowner/ Spitfire turnfin (He makes them)...awesome fin for this rigger! The prop I am using is a Mark Sholund ABC H-7...works well with the UL-1 ESC/motor combo...just warm after heats...

Also, take the turn fin off, place the boat on a flat table....loosen the strut and drop it or raise it until the bottom of the tub is paralell to the table...that is where the strut should be set. 0 degrees...no neg. or pos. angle.

Take a look at "my gallery"...you will see pics of the rigger and setup there....lmk if you need cofg or measurements on anything...if you get it setup right it is a very well behaving rigger to run....runs about 50 mph
    Last edited by HOTWATER; 12-29-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Kent, thanks for the help. I tried to run the abc h-7. It would not pull it on maiden voyage. I will follow your advice and update my set-up.
    What battery are you running? My center of gravity is 12.5 inches forward, measured from the transom. I was using 2 3200's.

Allen

I am running 2 -2S (2S2P) 5000 35C Hyperion's....

Are you running packs with a 25C rating or better?
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

I run 2 2s 5000mah 40-50c turnigy blues in series. These ones: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Tommy, I cannot remember where I got the above rigger. It's 25.5 long by 15. Send me a pm with address and I will send it if you want to build it. I just want to focus on the bigger boats. I ran the P spec yesterday for the first time. I'm very disappointed. I thought it would run hard right out of the gate. Nope, I bought some recommended props from suggestions off the forums. It runs about 25 mph and the motor has a bad surge in it. It won't pull the suggested props, and the motor RPM's go up and down. 1st experience with the ul-1 combo. I will try to prop it down today and see if it will wind up or if its bad ESC or motor. I just bought it from DiegoBoy. I'm going to send him a pm and see if he has some set-up suggestions. I'm 3/4 of an inch from the bottom of the hull to the bottom of the speedmaster hydro strut.
    Pond is 3 foot from the spillway. It's going to be a great rc and fishing year!!! Please let me know what's up.
    Allen
    Pm set bud.

Thanks, Allen
    Dude the pond looks awesome! It looks like a great place to run boats and its pretty big.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast