Thread: SV27 submarine??

Default SV27 submarine??

Ok moved the batteries to CG and 1 degree on trim tabs, 0 degrees on strut, rudder full negative(tucked). The trouble is everytime I run in rough water (like during a race) the boat submairnes on me. Hits the wake or light chop and goes right under water. Is this because the rudder is tucked to far? It runs fine on smooth water by itself til the next lap. soon as the water gets rough under it goes.

My advise would be one, move the packs further back, keep strut where it is, adjust trim tabs accordingly with a smooth water run or light chop, this will get you handling. and UN-tuck your rudder. If you think about it if you tuck the rudder on the sv, at least to me, its gonna wanna make the hull roll in the corners instead of staying flat. Moving C.O.G. back will keep the bow up in larger chop and the tabs being adjusted correctly should allow you to at least handle going INTO the larger waves or wakes of other boats.

Not quite sure what All In means by submarining. When the boat is running on smooth water by itself he may have it running too wet which may appear ok but the nose may be down too far when he hits rough water. On my Supervee the problem with rough water is always the tendency to flip over backwards. I have the CG set at 8.5 inches from the transom and it still rides light at close to 40 mph. As far as turning my rudder is not tucked under and it turns great.

i think he means that the nose of the boat is going underwater.. +1 on what mich said

oh yes the whole boat goes under water. looks like it is skipping along then nose dives and is under water for about 2-3 seconds. I tape the hatch so the boat always pops back up somewhere.

Yeah, I've done that! lol its funny/frightening all at the same time.