Thread: Blackjack 29 Blown Motor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Blackjack 29 Blown Motor

Hello Guys,

I have had this boat for more than a week so far and up until now I did not have any problems with it. I was running it on (2) 2S lipos and yesterday I received (2) brand new 3S lipos so today after work I went to the pond to test drive it on a 6S setup. It ran great for about 2.5 mins and when I was getting ready to bring it ashore for the first temp check it stalled in the middle of the pond and I heard something blowing up below the canopy. I first thought the lipos had exploded but after recovering the boat I found out the motor had blown up. I contacted Horizon Hobby customer support and they took notes of the incident and will be replacing my boat right away (Kudos to Horizon Hobby customer service)

P.S.: Before the incident I had noticed one of the batteries was getting hotter than the other when I was running it on (2) 2S so I don’t know if the issue could be ESC related. The only mod was a sharpened and balanced X440 /3 prop I was running on it everything else was stock.

Blackjack 29_Blown Motor_Pic4.jpgBlackjack 29_Blown Motor_Pic1.jpgBlackjack 29_Blown Motor_Pic2.jpgBlackjack 29_Blown Motor_Pic3.jpg
    Last edited by gyrotron; 11-07-2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added pictures