Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 1" belt sander $35 coupon Harbor Frieght

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    1,361

    Default 1" belt sander $35 coupon Harbor Frieght

    I already have this, and it is great, especially for rough work on props. It comes with an 80 grit belt, way too rough, I ordered 1"x30" belts on ebay.
    Like I said, I already own it so go ahead and print this coupon.....
    http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wsw...04&single=true

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    8,732

    Default

    I'd like to find one of those for that price in Canada.
    Nortavlag Bulc

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    I use the 120 grit.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    I use the 120 grit.
    I got a pack of 120's along with the sander at Harbor frieght, but I found if I'm not careful, it'lll take off more thane I wanted from the wrong areas(tips). I also thought about cutting the belts down to make them narrower and easier to get in on at various angles.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    8,732

    Default

    I find Octura's 642 & 645 to be very thin at the tips and it's very easy to take off too much. The X4 series is not as bad and Grim props are of course harder and work well with a belt sander.
    Nortavlag Bulc

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I find Octura's 642 & 645 to be very thin at the tips and it's very easy to take off too much. The X4 series is not as bad and Grim props are of course harder and work well with a belt sander.
    Really?, the grim props seem softer, just much thicker, to me when I put a file to them.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    I use the part of the belt above the steel plate so it forms to the shape of the blade better.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    I use the part of the belt above the steel plate so it forms to the shape of the blade better.
    Yep, or remove two screws and the plate comes off.
    TOY BOAT RACER
    IMPBA Dist.13 Director
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887CD
    NAMBA 1169

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Looking to hook up a vacuum to the port on the side, what are you guys doing to control the hazardous Beryllium dust?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpratt823 View Post
    Looking to hook up a vacuum to the port on the side, what are you guys doing to control the hazardous Beryllium dust?
    Same thing ... I have a shop vac hooked up.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •