Thread: LiteHawk Charger Boat

Default LiteHawk Charger Boat

Litehawk RC Charger Speedboat (LITEHAWK 20001)

Hit speeds up to 25 kph with the Charger Speedboat from LiteHawk. Ground-breaking 2.4 Ghz spectrum radio technology allows for greater range and control, while the Charger's twin hull lifts the boat off the water at high speeds for greater acceleration.

Product Features
    Twin hull design remote control speedboat

9g rudder uses water flow technology to cool the electrical and motor parts

ABS injection molded twin hull design for a stable run, even through waves

Speeds up to 25 kph

Built to last

Fitted with stainless steel and aluminum metal and a water-resistant gasket

Remote control with ergonomic pistol grip - on/off button, left/right direction control, a throttle control stick and left/right trim buttons

Comes with display stand

Includes 4 AA batteries and one 1100mAh 7.2V NiMh battery for longer run times

Replacement parts available through LiteHawk

For ages 10+
    What's in the Box?
    Boat
    Remote
    7.2V Battery
    Wall Charger
    Instructions
    Stand
    Spare Parts Includes Prop And Allen Key
    So about a week ago I spotted this boat at a HomeHardware thats close to me, I did some research on the boat and it sounds like a really good deal. Its listed as 129.99 CAD but i found it for 69.99 CAD at this store. Anyways, it looks to be hobby-grade (or at least as close as you can get). Like all of the components are seprate as found in our boats and the battery even runs a deans connector (on a toy grade ). Heres a few links:

The source: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...language=en-CA

Bestbuy: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10219311.aspx

Home Hardware: http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/in...I7263044?Num=0

If you look at the one pic it shows the inside:

Capture.JPG

A very nice model. This is a nicely designed and would seem a better fit I must say that this is one of the best models that I have seen in a long time. You truly get what you pay for in this model.This type of boats having latest technology is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards
    Brett Wilson
    Find out more at Nitrotek.nl

15 mph including upgrades. You can make a boat yourself and get 28-30 mph with ease and cost the same. Like mentioned, get what you pay for!

I did an upgrade with a ADS300xL Water cooled Brushless Outrunner 3000kv 300W motor -Part #ADS300XL, Turnigy 30A BEC Waterproof/watercooled ESC- Part #9020000031-0, Propellor--32mm dia, 3 blade 1.7 Pitch for shaft size 3.25mm, Part #D32P17D18 X3, Battery--Lipo 2200 mah, 7.4 volt (2 cell) 30-40 c, I also mounted another water intake on the other side of the sponson in the rear, opposite to the factory one for extra coolin to the esc. Never overheats. Parts from Hobby King, fyi.
    For the motor to fit, I cut away the existing plastic motor mount and glued a custom mount I made outta aluminum. I can make another if someone is interested. 15.00 does it. My charger kicks but, Wanna run for Pinks? Ill attach a few pics later on.. Dyno :)

Cool

Hmmm, a four-year-old thread brought back from the dead. None of the original posters has been back to the site in two years or more, so they didn't see your post. I suggest you start a thread in the Show Off Your FE Boat forum, more people will see it and enjoy your build.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

l head over to the show off section, Lol should be fun. I modified this boat because the stock gear was melting all the time. Got fed up with the re & re. It's my pool boat & the dog loves chasing it... Lol. Thanks for your interest !!!!!image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Prtcleman View Post
    l head over to the show off section, Lol should be fun. I modified this boat because the stock gear was melting all the time. Got fed up with the re & re. It's my pool boat & the dog loves chasing it... Lol. Thanks for your interest !!!!!image.jpg
    I aquired one of these boats when I was working at a hobby shop, I fitted it with an aquacraft motor (the one from a mini mono). It was a real handfull for the pool but it was lots of fun. You set up looks like it might even be more powerful, i only had a plastic prop but it ripped.

Do you have the boat still? I have another prop as a spare, It gets killer hole shot. But when i go full throttle in the lake, it flips over on passenger side sponson, top speed before flip is about 20 mph maybe. I think too much prop as the hull isnt heavy enough? but for the speed in run in my 20x40 pool. Its perfect and never gets hot. Dual cooling ports, good flow, i run it for 5 - 6 minutes and swap another battery. A little long for a lipo but .... the dogs go crazy trying to catch the boat. we cant stop laughing with this charger. We call it "KITTY CAT" Get KITTY...LOLIMG_0884-3.jpg This boat is not kitty though, its another boat Max has a problem with.. lol

I do still have the boat, If I run anything other than the stock 3 blade plastic prop it lifts the left side like crazy. I'm not sure what size it has on it now. My current dog doesn't mind the boats
    clover in boat.jpg
    I used to have a dog that would chomp them straight out of the water if he got close enough.

OMG, that picture is priceless, so cute.. what do you think we could do to prevent the flipping? Do you think the prop is in a odd spot for height? I have the original 2 blade and three blade that I matched up to the 32mm x 1.4p cnc machined in the pic. But the stock pitch is 30mm x 1.4p. Ive put the lipo -3cell 2200 mah on the opposite side to counter, maybe too much power/pitch? itd be nice to open it up for a speed run. Thankyou for sharing...

Adding some lead to the front of the left sponson may help, maybe some sort of down force air foil on the one side? Im not sure if it would do anything at 20 mph. In your case you may want to consider a smaller prop if you can find one, you are turning much more rpm than me so that my be why yours flips at full throttle. On mine I can clearly see the left sponson lift and ride high but I am(was ) able to run WOT.

I don't know how comfortable you are with bending/grinding on props but you could try rounding the tips a bit and cupping the just a little bit to narrow the thrust cone and hopefully lessen the amount of torque roll.

Just thinking "out loud" here, I'm not saying any of this would work but all things to try which could help.

ive got the stock 2 blade and 3 blade plastics to try in the spring. I never really cared too much abut WOT but the hammer time in the pool was about gettin away from the dog and all, lol...... but ill give it a go in testing. Im going to snoop around on the net to see what 30 mm 2 blade cnc props are avaiable, or even a 3 blade in 30mm aswell to fit our shafts.. If im succesful, ill buy two and send u one for laughs. keep the dogs happy....
    As far as shaping my props, . HMMMMMMMM, could be fun though, a world of info in prop designs....time to read up.

are still using thesame remote even upgrading ESC?

Default Charger

Quote Originally Posted by jopher View Post
    are still using thesame remote even upgrading ESC?
    I am not using the litehawk remote, ( transmitter and receiver) I'm using hobby king equipement. Just better quality

so i need to replace the remote and ESC? I'm planning to upgrade to Motor (to brushless) and the Propeller (to metal) and the battery. Any Brand you can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by jopher View Post
    so i need to replace the remote and ESC? I'm planning to upgrade to Motor (to brushless) and the Propeller (to metal) and the battery. Any Brand you can recommend?
    Replace motor, esc, and battery aswell, transmitter too. I'll give you a list of the items I used. My boat flies in my pool. It slides around the sharp turns. Very fun

I did an upgrade with a ADS300xL Water cooled Brushless Outrunner 3000kv 300W motor -Part #ADS300XL, Turnigy 30A BEC Waterproof/watercooled ESC- Part #9020000031-0, Propellor--32mm dia, 3 blade 1.7 Pitch for shaft size 3.25mm, Part #D32P17D18 X3, Battery--Lipo 2200 mah, 7.4 volt (2 cell) 30-40 c, I also mounted another water intake on the other side of the sponson in the rear, opposite to the factory one for extra coolin to the esc. Never overheats. Parts from Hobby King, fyi.
    For the motor to fit, I cut away the existing plastic motor mount and glued a custom mount I made outta aluminum. I can make another if someone is interested. 15.00 does it. My charger kicks but, Wanna run for Pinks? Ill attach a few pics later on.. Dyno :)

how the remote controller, did u used the stock remote controller?

You cannot use the stock remote because the esc has its own receiver built in. If you don't change the factory esc, you cannot upgrade the motor because the motor is brushed. Your plans are to go to s brushless right?

Why don't you just put a larger battery in it and have fun with it to be simpler. A 2200mah 7.4 volt. Turnigy pack is the manufacturer. The last post with all the parts I used is listed, order them and I'll help you along the way. Dynodan

You cannot use the stock remote because the esc has its own receiver built in. If you don't change the factory esc, you cannot upgrade the motor because the motor is brushed. Your plans are to go to s brushless right?
    what remote you use..

how much would it cost on your upgrades

what remote controller n receiver u use..

Hobby King- HK 310 2.4 ghz fhss ground radio. It cost me about 200.00 to upgrade my boat with 4 spare batteries

ok sir..i'l send you my specs to upgrade and if it is compatible