Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HPR115 Bulletproof Build

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    Kent if u need some serious power use my 3080's I got here is a pic of 1 but I do have two of these bad boys
    LOVE IT!!!! you are truely a Deuche B** LOL LOL I'm still laughing.....
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Coming along nicely. I am currently mounting the rudder on my build.

Where do you order your SS screws?

Microfastners.com or ebay

Ok Guys uploading photos from computer, then writing on iPad....
    Ok, got drives done. Another one of those things I don't like doing. But I use a metal file and clamp it against a piece of wood while spinning it in a drill. That way I can just shave off as much as I need. Also glued the main 4 blocks that holds the servo, and cover ESC's the other 4 blocks gets glued in when the epoxy sets. The need a slight different approach. I would consider her almost done. Just have to go over everything, thread lock the screws and waterproof a few areas just incase any leaks.

drivesglued.jpggrinding.jpginside hull carbon.jpgmounting blocks.jpgrudder on.jpg
    Last edited by nata2run; 12-10-2012 at 06:53 AM.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

Hey Kent, Coming along very well..!
    Where do you get your mounting post that you have in your carbon washers?

Quote Originally Posted by Xcesive8 View Post
    Hey Kent, Coming along very well..!
    Where do you get your mounting post that you have in your carbon washers?
    Hey, got them from Australian fasteners. Most of those guys should have something similar.

Yeah man looking great

sorry for the Spam but here my idea about how a 3080 looks like (by the way the motor on the right is already a 2240..)

IMAG0398.jpg

@ Kent: Beautiful work on the interior! Maybe you also put some color below the "HPR 115" letters in the center sheet?

regards,
    Manuel

@ manuel you had to go ruin my fun messing with kent LOL so what do u plan on using them for

@ Manuel, yep there will be color under the HPR but I didn't install it yet, as I still need to trim and make it look neat. My first thought was to have a color panel that lights up when ESC's are armed. I'm still looking into that option as I have a few backlid displayes sitting around.

Kent,
    I just got some BECs in that use a remote arming switch that is operated by pin (BEC is not armed with pin removed). On the unit that the pin goes into, there is an LED that illuminates green when the ESC is armed, and has a LV warning that flashes the LED bright red. I wonder if you could use something like that to illuminate your letters? You could re-wire it to more LEDs, or perhaps just put it behind a lens so it lights the whole area...
    Let me know if you want a link to what they look like. I made a post about them on the KB forum in the new products category.

@ Keith, was not going to use BEC, but rather just steal power out of RX from the aux CH. I have a white light panel used for TX backlid panel its around 1.5'x4' so going to try that with some translucent purple vinyl

Got a bit more work done....
    installed Motors, servo and a few bits...coming to an end.
    bothmotors1.jpgbothrear.jpgmotortop.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    @ Keith, was not going to use BEC, but rather just steal power out of RX from the aux CH. I have a white light panel used for TX backlid panel its around 1.5'x4' so going to try that with some translucent purple vinyl
    Dont steal power from your Rx, it will cause grief.

Will only warn you once. !
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    Dont steal power from your Rx, it will cause grief.

Will only warn you once. !
    What, even to power a 50mah diode??? Servo will pull a couple of amps, how can a 50mah led hurt? Just asking....
    The very short version will do hehe.
    I could steal the power before it enter the Rx. But still keen to know why it's not ok.

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    What, even to power a 50mah diode??? Servo will pull a couple of amps, how can a 50mah led hurt? Just asking....
    The very short version will do hehe.
    I could steal the power before it enter the Rx. But still keen to know why it's not ok.
    1. voltage drop on leads will drag down total V at Rx .. long leads can = lvc fault by Rx
    2. induces freq ripples via led to Rx power

........ that's why.

Use an open hatch activated switch .. and run direct from a balance tap !!
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

I'm still confused why 1 led/diode would mess anything up, when there are monitors and stuff that connects to the RX and lights up to display voltage left on RX pack. One would think that will draw way more? The RX is good to deliver certain amps right?. I don't see a problem here.

Hello. Wonderful job. Wow, Wow, Wow ..... exactly my taste. Please keep it up. Greetings from Germany.

Christian

Damn good job kent

@ Christian @ Chris, Thank you. I'm glad you like. There is still abit more "bling" to be added and polish a few parts, definetly getting closer to maiden. But the hard work is over
    Next will finishing off the pull/pull system and making up the lipo treys.

Hello Everyone,
    A small step forward.....Polished up some "clamps" for the pull pull wires and installed the stuffing tubes for the servo wires as well. Nearly there!! only need the Lipo rails, cooling outlets, mount ESC's and I can take her for a spin hehe.

Pull Pull motormount.jpgPull Pull motormount2.jpgPull pull top.jpgPull pull top1.jpgPull Pull with motor.jpg

Sick dude she looks totally amazing

Looks amazing! I am so envious and I just want to be at this stage already! When I ordered my HPR C5009 I requested black CF but instead received Kevlar. I really dont like the color of the Kevlar and am sort of kicking myself that I did not straighten that out last year. Oh well. Your boat looks ridiculous.

Looks great Kent! Are those MBP couplers?

Kent I hope u dont mind me answering for u but yes keith they are. Plus all I will say is that u will not find a better coupler. They are very precise while also being very light.

@ lavigna, Thank you!!! How ever the Carbon/Kevlar can look "SICK" as well. Have a browse through my MHZ 138 Thread, its almost the same as what I'm building now. (except, this one is really tough)

@ Chris....you make me type anyway, and I agree..... LOL

Looking great Kent.Nice nice work my man.

Very nice, creative and work of art!!
    Top Gun 2011, "current problem" 88MPH. Top Gun 2014 "Marine One" 99 MPH. bet speed to date 125 MPH

Thanks guys for the compliments!!!
    Next move is to get the battery mounts in. I thought something simple not over the top will do. Here is a visual of the plan.

HPR115 Batery mounts.jpg

Liking them dude call me I am driving home now from work

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast