Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HPR115 Bulletproof Build

Hello Guys,
    So I got a bit more done last night. I always have a fear of drilling big holes in the hull, so I made a CF mount in the exact shape of the drives with a 9mm center hole. Good thing was I could bolt it on and it wouldnt move. Then I had to align the drives to the sponsons. I used Manuels method with a drill bit, and a piece of angle aluminium.

Drive front on with tube.jpgDrive template close up.jpgDrive templates.jpgLine up drives.jpg
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Also Installed the pickup tube, center of hole is placed 15,5mm forward and 7mm in on the ridepads. and ID of tube is 4mm so should pickup plenty of water. Quite happy with the outcome, and the VERY round hole....

I have made the special round holes in honour of my No. 1000 Posts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

Got a bit more done last night.....its not much, but it took a bit of time to get it all to line up and then of cause "the drying time"
    Here is what I did, I cut out 2 CF washers OD 14mm ID 9mm to fit a bit of brass support tube (20mm) the idea is that I can upgrade the stuffing tube if anything goes wrong. I also had to roughly align them, as If I was mounting them. For that I used some 8mm aluminum tube, and soft pads :)

Glue in tubes.jpgTube close up.jpgTube close up2.jpgTube support.jpgTubes drying.jpg

Kent it looks great man. I am alwasy anxious to see what cool stuff you come up with next on your builds. Keep up the nice work , & keep us posted on progress.

Got a little more work done last night. I always feel it's a nightmare to glue in the motor mounts, lining up and makeing sure they optically line up as well. I think I did ok.
    The brass tubes are only used for ligning up, and will be removed when epoxy sets. The first layer of coloured thickened epoxy resin has been applied around the mounts, but I still need to reinforce with fiberglass or CF cloth.

Both motors installed.jpgBoth motors top.jpgRight motor installed.jpg

Awesome man !!! Those r some thick ass motor mounts .

Very nice Kent. Do you have any goals as far as speed?

Thanks for the compliment Keith, Although I'm not a speed devil and the purpose is to get a nice look, placement of components are setup for 100-105mph+... with the power avaliable in the 2250's she "should" be able to reach far beyond. Sadly I have no water around me to test (and knowing me, I always have the wind against me no matter what direction I stand). But I'll be happy with 100mph, Maybe I should send boat off to Manuel for testing LOL.... Im sure with his magic fingers, this thing could hit 120 in a flash hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    Awesome man !!! Those r some thick ass motor mounts .
    Thanks Chris!! you sure have a slick boat yourself.

I fully expect it to be beautiful when you're finished!

I am building a MHZ with similar motors and I will be trying to squeeze all the speed I can out of it. It will be interesting to see how yours runs, as I am sure you will find water long before me (It's no longer in liquid state here).

Looking good sir. Love seeing clean new builds. Keep the pics coming.

@ Keith, are you building the 114 C5000 MHZ? thats a nice hull, if it is. I had the C/K version.

@ Graill, thanks for the compliments. Hopefully she turns out good.

Yes, I will likely be building the 138 later, but I'm going to do the 114 C/K first.
    MHZ had a sale on 114 C/K packages so I had to grab one!
    Last edited by keithbradley; 12-16-2012 at 11:55 PM.

@ Keith, I'm sure you will like it! the 138 is really nice as well. This new Bullet proof HPR though is a tank compared, I have to admit that. But look wise.... well.

Hello,
    Got a little done last night, was doing some more gluing on the mounts so couldn't work on parts around the area.
    I cut the tear drops for the water intakes (this time I'm really happy with the look thanks to my new tool bit.) I also wraped the stuffing tubes with mesh and epoxy resin. unwrapped the first one this morning, was almost better than a lolly :) now some sanding work to make it look nice and neat. Even thought of anodising the stuffing tube purple and use the mesh after. hmm, maybe ill make another.
    Stuffing tube.JPGTeardrop.JPG

Teardrops look great kent. Just remember what I said about the ANODIZING u wanted to do that should sum it up for u lol. She looks great man keep us posted.

Very clean Kent. Looks great

Thanks guys for the comments. Got a bit more done this morning..... right side drive is in...phuu, that was hard and hardly any room for screwing in the motor. I should have done the famous twist n lock on the motor mounts because getting to the screws won't be easy. anyway... I'm quite happy with the result so far.

Drive alignment.JPGDrive system.JPGWhole drive installed.JPG

....and both installed!!

Both drive installed.JPG

Beauty job my friend,beauty.

Looks great!
    I'm starting to think I made a mistake not ordering the LKs. They definitley look cool in there!

Lk's r the way to go if you are spending the money on lehners in my op. Some time back I had two identical lehners but one was standard can and other was the lk, and I definitely saw a difference in temps. Anyways I will talk to u later kent

On SAW setups LK is not a must-have.

@ Kent: Maybe make the teardrop 1-2mm longer, may work already great as it is but this would may increase water flow! Everything else looks beautiful!

regards,
    Manuel

Hello. Beautiful build your boat. Am enthusiastic about your work. Keep it up. Greetings from Germany.

Christian

Welcome Christian, and thank you for the compliments. I always enjoy seeing you in here!! you builds sure are something out of this world, and a class of their own. But I'll try to keep it up and hopefully get something nice in the end, and reach some decent speeds. Are you done with the mystic? or starting other builds? Manuel's maybe?? hehe....

Ok folks its been awhile since I have posted, but I have been too busy with other things (not even at the lake). The few new mods on the boat were going to be a pain in the A$$, so I was in no rush to do them. Anyway they are done now. To be able to fit the screws that hold the drives you have to grind a little/lot so you can fit the bolt/washer, grind too much and you have yourself an extra hole to worry about!! LOL. Keep in mind, everytime you loosen your drives for any reason, you should make sure you realign them to the sponsons. Don't take for granted they are striaght!! Also my stainless 45mm M3 screws arived so I could get them cut to the right lengh and mount the rudder as it should. I left 5mm thread on the screws.

Rudder Holes.jpgCutting screws.jpgGrinding Left.jpgLeft drive installed.jpg

I had to do the same grinding kent but it all wrks out fine in the end. Keep up the great build man

Kent if u need some serious power use my 3080's I got here is a pic of 1 but I do have two of these bad boys LOL HERE R THE THE BIG BOYS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chrisg81983; 12-10-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg81983 View Post
    kent if u need some serious power use my 3080's i got here is a pic of 1 but i do have two of these bad boys
    two???

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast