Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HPR115 Bulletproof Build

Smile HPR115 Bulletproof Build

Hello Folks,
    Needed a home for my LMT 2250/5, so I had a chat to Manuel W. and now this thing is in the post!
    Hoping for a safe arrival to Australia.

Some highlights for the build will be:
    LMT 2250/5
    AS25.150 EVOII
    Savöx 1251mg
    Max 6s for some insane speeds
    Lots of custom carbon parts & glitter ......

Also want to take the opportunity to thank Manuel for a super fast turn around.
    Wish me luck, I will keep you guys posted!
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

You gonna try to flip this one then?

Hopefully lots lol. Gotta make Chris cry alittle hehe. His fault I got this in the first place. Bloody group pressure lol
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    Hopefully lots lol. Gotta make Chris cry alittle hehe. His fault I got this in the first place. Bloody group pressure lol
    I'm missing the Shocker and all it's spills.Man I made that one tuff.Looks like it'll be next year for the upsizing though.

Hi Kent,

well will be nice to see a little competition between you and Chris --> will probably bring us some really nice HPR06 builds

And both of you have setups which can achieve the 100mph+, your 2250/5 on 6S probably even figures around 120mph.

Hopefully the parcel arrives well and fast, I think this was the best/fastest solution.

regards,
    Manuel

Yeah man it was nice, you can still get it though.?

Thanks again Manuel. Ill be happy if my boat runs like chrisses. But I will definetly do what I can to get a nice build. This is my first HPR so really excited about that.

Yeah man about time u got smart and went hpr lol good luck with it cant wait to see it. She shoukd be amazing if u build her anything like your mhz's.

.....any day now :) weather here is getting nice and evenings are long. In the mean time I can look forward to the calm lake round the corner.

Lake 1.JPG

You r gonna love a real boat lol

Are you building this as a single or twin?
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Chris, I already have a real boat... Lol
    Tyler, twin 2250/5 on 5-6s

The plan is to make this my nicest build so far. Hope I can get away with the intended holes only LOL. But have lots of bling.....

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    The plan is to make this my nicest build so far. Hope I can get away with the intended holes only LOL. But have lots of bling.....
    I'm sure she will be a beaut' Kent.

Hello Folks,
    No hull as I'm typing this but hoping it will walk through the door :) in the next couple of hours.
    I have decided to use a full plate again to mount the servo and hide the ESC’s. I like the idea of added strength/support all the way through the tunnel.
    I really like the adjustable stuffing tube mounts I used on the MHZ 138 build so they are used again.
    The motor mounts this time are x2 3.5mm (7mm in total) CF plate sandwiched together with a thin anodized aluminium plate to show the HPR Logo.
    If everything goes to plan the HPR 115 Logo will illuminate purple when power is applied to the RX.
    The boomerang (A native Australian Ikon/Symbol) will be purple anodised aluminium.

HPR115 - Drawing.jpgHPR115 - Carbon.jpg

Hello everyone.
    So I got the hull today, after being told it was stuck interstate. Even to the extend that I was told to get an investigation happening. Anyway. Here she is. First impressions were a little mixed but I'm really liking it now. I think its a tank!! And very well made. I could go on forever so I'm just gonna jump into it. Had to get the sizing for the motor mounts. I did that by pushing a copper wire around the inside of the sponson and locking it in place. Then just placed on the flatbed scanner and traced the area, then loaded file into the CNC router and cut out. Was easy and very accurate.! Her are a few pictures from today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

U dont waste any time dude

So kent did u get anything else done today

Nope, gotta make some templates before I drill any holes.

Cooper wire template.....I love it!
    I'm so gonna use that idea!
    Thanks.
    This is NOT a toy?!?

Hello Folks,
    this is the day when you can't get much else done "I suppose" (the famous pour) exactly 12ml, 10ml epoxy resin and 2ml hardener went in the cavity to support the rudder. (slow curing) so I guess its a 24 Hour min. before I can touch the hull.

Famous Pour.JPG

Yeah man so u started her

Hello folks.
    Spent most of today with the boat. Got the rudder installed after "the pour" made a paper template, printed it, and cut it out very carefully with a scalpel. Then placed it on the stand off while holding the rudder at the same time just to make sure they both were the same size. Then just use tape to hold in pace.

Also installed the hydraulic pulls. Fo that I just used a 6mm spacer ( piece of acrylic ) and then just spacer them with the seam in the center.

Also got most of the drive part installed. Again I made a template for the drives and simply stuck it on. This time I first drilled the lowest hole, and then tightened the drive before I drilled the others. I got ,8mm to the buttom tip of the sponsons and 2mm to the tunnel. It worked really well and so far happy with the out come. I still need to drill the drive supports, but need some angle aluminium from work to make sure he drives are parallel to the sponsons. So far everything measures down to 1/10 of a mm.

Looks awesome kent the pain in the ass part is pretty much done

Hi Kent,

really beautiful and precise what you did so far. I like how carefully you take the dimensions and sketch everything. For the pour I often use 2K epoxy with a 15min curing time and cover it with a 1.5mm CF sheet. Works excellent and takes way less time.

For the motor mounts I may have aligned the letters of HPR different, like vertical:
    H
    P
    R

But will be interesting anyway to see the result, I'm already curious!

regards,
    Manuel

Thanks guys for the compliments :).....

@ Chris, Yep the way "I see it" is when rudder and drives are in, I'm 90% done LOL. The rest is just bling. The one and only task left, are the intakes (water pick ups) I want them spot on this time, one GO only :) hehe. then I'll be 95% done.

@ Manuel, Thanks!! it always means alot to get a compliments from you. Not only because you got me the boat and hardware, plus parts....and so on, but because you have had countless of great success builds with this hull. So I'm sure if it was off you would be the first to tell me :)
    With the motor mounts....welll....I like things a little abstract and thought the HPR in mirror on the right side looks very streamline. And using it as a logo, I would not change the way it's layed up.

My next move will be some CF plate/brackets where the hardware are mounted, and replacing all bolts/nuts for stainless in the correct sizes.

You are getting downright slick with this stuff Kent.Looks good,real good.

So kent did u cut that cf we were talking about earlier.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast