Thread: Upcoming project.

Default Upcoming project.

I am working on getting a fiberglass version of the Gancia da Gancia offshore hull imported from Japan. If all goes well I will be doing my best to build it as scale as I can. With the hulls space being substantial (Beam is 16" Length 69)" it could mean a quad drive setup is viable.. Just like the scale boat. I've never been one for cookie cutter builds so I may as well jump back in with something crazy.
    Stay Tuned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I recalled someone was planning to build a very similar boat and it was going to be very big as well. Forgot where I read it but it was a while back. Goodluck with your build!

Thanks man. still waiting for a response from ABC hobby usa.

Sad news. ABC Hobby contacted me and they no longer make any of the hulls. They should probably remove them from their online stores. I know another company made them for a while. Guess I'll troll ebay until one comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    Sad news. ABC Hobby contacted me and they no longer make any of the hulls. They should probably remove them from their online stores. I know another company made them for a while. Guess I'll troll ebay until one comes up.
    I missed your post, I knew that they have not up dated their site for YEARS!!! I had one of their Jet ski thingy and loved it, wanted to find some parts and realized what was going on 4 years ago.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

I know Matho powertrain on Germany is planning on building a few sizes of the CESSA 1882, which is basically the same boat. There will be a 63" version and a 110" version. I know Fabio Buzzi ( the hull designer in Italy) has vetted the drawings and has given Matho a licence to produce these hulls. There is a thread over at RCU and Jims on it all, even has some screen shots of the drawings.
    Regards Mick

SJFE,I believe that MHZ does a Fiat Uno deep-Vee but this one is approx 43" length close but nowhere near the 5 plus feet your looking at. http://www.mhzusa.com/Fiat-Uno-XL-m-1765.htm

Thanks guys. DrMead I looked into the mhz hull and with an 8 inch beam I see problems with drive placement. Mickieb will star looking on those 2 sites tonight for some info thanks. Tlanduer.. Yeah is sucks they still list that big orange gas boat for sale and don't make it anymore .