Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mhz c5000 1850 extreme build

Default Mhz c5000 1850 extreme build

MHZ C5000 1850 EXTREME BUILD

Hello All,
    Its time again to put another build together. Sadly this one is not for me, but my good buddy Steve, who also managed to strip me for my entire fleet. So thank you Steve, I hope you will enjoy this one.

The most important part in this build is to go a few steps beyond what I have been doing, its all a part of the challenge. That said, it wont just be a bling factor but also practical where every bit will have a function "well almost"

Ok, lets break down the components.

Hull: MHZ C5000 1850 Carbon/Kevlar reinforced with a layer of carbon fibre (from factory) Total weight including hatch 7.53kg (16.6lbs) not bad for what it is. Don't even ask how long it took to get made. LOL

Motor: LMT 3060/5 in Wye mode to be driven on 12s
    ESC: MGM 25063 X2 Series
    SERVO: Savox SC-1268SG
    DRIVES: MBP Medi Click Drives with both 3/16 and 1/4 ends
    THEME: TAG Heuer Racing
    SPEED AIM: Around 100mph
    INTERIOR: CustomCFparts Platinum Edition

Well hull and all hardware is here so I guess we can get started and get this girl in the water before Santa leaves town!!
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

What are you waiting for? Christmas is right around the corner. You forgot to post about all the BS you went through just to get the parts. Anyways, I'll have 2 built by the best in the states, Keith. And 2 built by the best on that side of the globe, Kent. I'm a lucky guy. Wait until you see what he has planned.

Quote Originally Posted by worriedsick4u View Post
    What are you waiting for? Christmas is right around the corner. You forgot to post about all the BS you went through just to get the parts.
    C'mon! Where's your Xmas spirit :) this is a positive thread, but there was this one guy....... LOL
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

Thanks Steven, very kind said....I'm glad you have time for popcorn!!

Ok, I promised Steve no "spare holes" so I'm making a Jig for everything I do. I'm posting this so you guys can see how easy it can be to replica a shape. Basically use multi layers of good tape and cut to shape with a sharp scalpel/hobby knife. If doing wind screens, same deal but use a pen to draw a trace line on the tape where the indent is. Peal off gently and stick it to some paper, place in scanner and you're done!!

Drives mount.jpgSponson shape TAPE.jpg

Looking good as usual kent. I can't wait to see this one in the end I dont know how you can top what you have previously done.

" Don't even ask how long it took to get made "

How long did it take to get made ?

Haha look forward to this build

Thanks Chris, chances are that this will top quite a bit, and if I pull it off the way I plan it will be very cool!

@ Ryan, no! not until you show off your boat LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post

Keep eating those popcorn, and you wont be able to carry this big A$$ hull LOL

Man I love the mgm and lehner combo I am liking the yellow motor leads as well

@ Chris, I like the combo also, but the yellow leads?? LOL nah man!! lets cover those in a later chapter. Ok, she got her first piercing!! (I'm happy that Steve has to deal with the teenage years LOL) I had to make up the "JIG" as there is no way I'm drilling this without. It is dead accurate!! or as close as I will ever get, and flips both ways. Does left and right side of the sponsons. just press in place and drill the first hole. then insert screw and tighten, to drill all the rest. I feel much better now....

JIG-00.jpgJIG-01.jpgJIG-02.jpgJIG-03.jpgJIG-05.jpg

@ Chris, I like the combo also, but the yellow leads?? LOL nah man!! lets cover those in a later chapter. Ok, she got her first piercing!! (I'm happy that Steve has to deal with the teenage years LOL) I had to make up the "JIG" as there is no way I'm drilling this without. It is dead accurate!! or as close as I will ever get, and flips both ways. Does left and right side of the sponsons. just press in place and drill the first hole. then insert screw and tighten, to drill all the rest. I feel much better now....

JIG-00.jpgJIG-01.jpgJIG-02.jpgJIG-03.jpgJIG-05.jpg
    Genius

Coming along man and yes yellow it reminds me of my yge 200 I had lol way back. Do me a favor call me when you are driving to work.

This is awesome. I always look forward to your builds Kent this boat will be unreal

What are you waiting for? Christmas is right around the corner. You forgot to post about all the BS you went through just to get the parts. Anyways, I'll have 2 built by the best in the states, Keith. And 2 built by the best on that side of the globe, Kent. I'm a lucky guy. Wait until you see what he has planned.
    I think I can speak for Kent as well when I say we are lucky to have the opportunity to build boats for a guy like you Steve.

Looking forward to the build guys... there are a few of these cats being built right now, it would be incredible to get them running all in one place!

You are quite right Keith, Steve is a great guy and a pleasure to build a boat for. He also really appreciate his boats and looks after them well. Except for those times when..... Lol never mind! I worry when he throws numbers at me in the 100's mph and tells me, oh yeah she's fine lol. Alright! Let's get going with the built. I sadly only have a couple of hours a day after work, but the jigs and stuff are helping me a lot. I drilled the rest of the holes for the drives today with a brand new drill bit. Man one in 13mm and the other in 16mm. Honestly some scary stuff. I make a habit of taping every surface before I drill. It will help you to get a clean and crisp edge.
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I also did not use a jig for support on the drive end as I want to make sure the drive is aligned to the sponson as accurate as possible, if the was a jig involved it could slightly throw it all out. Even 1/4mm out near the drive exit would equal over 1mm at the prop end. So I aligned the drive the hard way!!

I was curious when you were doing a jig like that Kent. I thought you might make it include the upright holes. It should keep it all 'square'.

Shawn, sadly it's not always the case. There is not a lot of room to place any jig for the uprights plus you are also measuring the length of the drive. Too many variables. Again if the hull was out on that end it would have thrown the whole thing out. This way I know that the drives are completely parallel to the sponson edge, (not because the jig said so) the one jig is enough on the exit side, and it perfectly maps the drives in the same spot. It's enough for me as that is the part I feel worse about drilling. Either way, there is no right or wrong. It either works or it don't lol

Totally makes sense bud. Good job. Yup I still cringe even for an antenna mount( what if the gel chips?) LOL

Catch my Bling Rocket build Kent?

Looking good man !!!!! No matter how many times I drill and mount drives I still need to convince myself to drill a 14 plus mm hole in the hull.

I feel half way done now that I have the drives in!! although there is still a lot of work to be done. I'll use this moment to introduce the main feature of the boat. This clock work is designed around the actual mechanism in the TAG Heuer watches and features a multi layered setup where everything else is hidden, but with elevated plates for the ESC's to breathe. There are 1000's more features in this build, but this will give you an idea what we are trying to do. The layout will be trailed in the next week or, but I'm feeling goog about this!!

LG-MHZ185TAG.jpg

Very cool cant wait to see it

Unveiled at last. I was wondering when you were going to let them in.

I love the way you captured the tag watch theme, even the saphire bushings. Just like clock work!

Unveiled at last. I was wondering when you were going to let them in.
    I saw it on Facebook a few days ago lol

I feel half way done now that I have the drives in!! although there is still a lot of work to be done. I'll use this moment to introduce the main feature of the boat. This clock work is designed around the actual mechanism in the TAG Heuer watches and features a multi layered setup where everything else is hidden, but with elevated plates for the ESC's to breathe. There are 1000's more features in this build, but this will give you an idea what we are trying to do. The layout will be trailed in the next week or, but I'm feeling goog about this!!

LG-MHZ185TAG.jpg
    Wow, that is going to be something to behold. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Fella1340 View Post
    I love the way you captured the tag watch theme, even the saphire bushings. Just like clock work!
    Haha i was going to throw something like that in earlier lol Clock work
    This build will be something else, how long it will take to build only TIME will tell haha
    Kent is Steve aware that at the end of the build you may just decide to keep it bcos shes so beautiful?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast