Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Just In : L.A. NAMBA SAWS ; Day One : Seven new ( & smokin') FE Records Set

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Tyler, we're working on bringing the Porta-Potty closer to the pits for next race
    Bwahahaaaa!!!

Default Ice Capades

You guys call that a race? I prefer to call it "The Ice capades"
    I never in life have seen so much glassy water sun up to sun down. If so, Legg was the place I saw it.

I'm having withdrawals from Kim Grim's food. UNBELIEVABLE BBQ thick hunks of tri tip, and succulent fall off the bone ribs.
    The only thing I regret about that race is not going back for thirds on those ribs.

I can't give you guys a huge report. First of all, I don't know where to start. I see a comradery within the community re-emerging.
    FE is a group. Guys are working together to get the scores up for the advancement of the community. East vs West? -Forget it. Non-existant.

Timing equipment worked FLAWLESS all weekend. Mark Grim has that course and system dialed.
    I'll post some pics and vids when my media equipment starts acting right lol! Here are a few of me though..DSCF0073.jpgDSCF0063.jpgDSCF0071.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    You guys call that a race? I prefer to call it "The Ice capades"
    I never in life have seen so much glassy water sun up to sun down. If so, Legg was the place I saw it.

I'm having withdrawals from Kim Grim's food. UNBELIEVABLE BBQ thick hunks of tri tip, and succulent fall off the bone ribs.
    The only thing I regret about that race is not going back for thirds on those ribs.

I can't give you guys a huge report. First of all, I don't know where to start. I see a comradery within the community re-emerging.
    FE is a group. Guys are working together to get the scores up for the advancement of the community. East vs West? -Forget it. Non-existant.

Timing equipment worked FLAWLESS all weekend. Mark Grim has that course and system dialed.
    I'll post some pics and vids when my media equipment starts acting right lol! Here are a few of me though..DSCF0073.jpgDSCF0063.jpgDSCF0071.jpg
    Bill, right on. I have some warm and fuzzy thoughts I'd like to put forth as a complete recap (plus vids that need to be sorted/uploaded), but like all of us I need to catch up to the at-home chores that've been left undone during race time (my car's still not unloaded !).
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Here's a vid of my 1s rigger. Yes that's prop slippage (chirping)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLgLJ...ure=plpp_video

Here are some of the runs that I was able to catch for the 2012 SAW Nov 3rd and 4th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEX7q...d&feature=plcp

Thomas I really wanted to see your boats run!! Hopefully the next event!

Bill Oxidean Shatters 2 More World Records At The 2012 NAMBA Straightline Speed Time Trials.On November 2nd, 2012 Venom/Atomik/Novak team driver

Bill Oxidean makes electric model boating history by shattering yet another 2 more records this race season!With a custom built carbon fiber hydroplane(rigger)Bill went a blistering speed of 74mph getting a 2-way average of 71.656mph on 1-cell using Venom’s 5000 50c 1s packs! The previous record was 59mph and 74mph is the fastest recorded pass on 1-cell lipo the world over. Bill then used the same boat to obliterate the stock (17.5) hydro record at a whopping speed of 56.744mph with a high pass of 58.9mph!

Congradulations again!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12