Thread: 2047 prop mods?

Default 2047 prop mods?

I ran a 2047(B/S, slightly cupped) in my stock UL-1, seemed like it definitely has the potential, but the lift seems ridiculous, and turning was wide. I know guys like Raptor347 have seen impressive speeds with it, but I'm wondering how it was modded to get it to run good. I just shaped my stuffing tube a bit to drive the transom down a bit, I'll see how that does. It also got a bit steamy, so a bigger esc may be necessarry, definitely needs solid connections. Any input?

Raptor347 is an avid prop bender/ modifier. Not saying he doesn't or wont, but I haven't really seen him spill the beans on his prop modification techniques. If you take a visit to his home pond there is a good chance he will put his magic touch on your prop, he bent on one of mine at the 2012 FE Nats.

Simply put back cutting will reduce lift. a 2047 is ALOT of prop for a stock ul1 motor regardless of the esc used. Its more of a saw prop then an oval prop.

Brian was very candid about what he did to the 2047 to reach 65 mpg with the UL-1 in 2008 - the post with measurements is here somewhere. I pitted next to Brian when he ran the boat to 645 mph through the traps at Legg Lake. But this is not a prop for anything but a few short passes, it heated the motor up well. When the OP says "a bit steamy" he means he is destroying his motor and ESC. For a sport prop with over 2 minutes of run time try an H-10 or m445.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks guys. I tried an M445, fast but hard to control. Going to a 120amp ESC soon, motor may be not far behind it. The hydro has been fun, may just build one from a better hull over the winter. Also ran an x440/3, and 40x57/3, L44x66, and a couple others. I just like trying different stuff, it steepens my learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Brian was very candid about what he did to the 2047 to reach 65 mpg with the UL-1 in 2008 - the post with measurements is here somewhere. I pitted next to Brian when he ran the boat to 645 mph through the traps at Legg Lake. But this is not a prop for anything but a few short passes, it heated the motor up well. When the OP says "a bit steamy" he means he is destroying his motor and ESC. For a sport prop with over 2 minutes of run time try an H-10 or m445.

Oh yeah u think I remember that post now. I believe he goes on to say that it would be tough for the average boater to duplicate the modifications hr made. Like I said, its not like he doesn't or won't share any secrets, you just don't see them often.

Rough cup and back cut I got 50mph with the 2047, and a bit cooler but still hot for more than a few passes. 1742/3 cup and cut got high 40's and much cooler.
    I have a new Leo 4074/1800kv sitting around, If I put in a 120amp esc could I run this motor, possibly with the 2047, or would it be a waste of time?

Should work out good. Make sure your esc has adequate cooling. Gonna be pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    Should work out good. Make sure your esc has adequate cooling. Gonna be pushing it.
    Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

Hey Guys I just got my UL1. What prop should I start with?