Thread: ProBoat Impulse 31 Version 2 Poor Stock Motor and ESC

Default ProBoat Impulse 31 Version 2 Poor Stock Motor and ESC

I just wanted to post that I purchased the ProBoat Impulse 31 Brushless Version 2. This has the 80 amp Dynamite ESC, 1800 kv 6 pole Dynamite motor (EC3 connectors) and everything else is pretty much the same as the version 1. They say the boat can run dual NiMh or (2) 2s lipo or (2) 3s lipo. The NiMh is a waste of time. Speed is slow. The speed for (2) 3s lipo straight out of the box with no adjustments is 45.4 mph on gps. This is with the stock Proboat 40mm prop. On my 3rd outing, the motor to esc bullets started to melt and the solder dripped out. The motor leads were discolored from the heat. ProBoat sent out another motor and esc, but they were very hot again. So I bought a Seaking 180 and a Leopard 4074 2000 kv. I know about the 2000kv on 6s. Still speed with 6s on the Seaking 180 and the Leopard 4074 2000kv and the OSE .187 flex cable upgrade and the added dual rudder....the speed has stayed about the same at 44.1 mph on gps. Motor temps after a 5 minute run were 97 degrees. ESC 101 degrees and batteries at 110 degrees on 40c batteries or 102 degrees on 65c batteries. Had to move the batteries a little forward to get the cg right. Since temps are still fairly low, I am looking at trying an Octura x442.
    I will update after I get it in.

I wouldn't have tried 6s on the stock setup. I wouldn't have tried 6s on a 2000kv motor either. I don't see how you are only getting in the 40s my 32" pursuit on 4s with a t180 4074 2000kv and x642 and its hitting 42mph. As for the wires desoldering again I'm not suprised on 6s I run 6mm bullets on my packs and from motor to esc.

ProBoat said it would support 6s. It does not. I did make a mistake on buying the 4074 2000kv for 6s. I have since purchase a 4092 1390kv. Steven has already shipped it. I am still running the stock 40mm prop and I did add the second rudder which has caused extra drag. I have upgraded all my boats to 5.5mm bullets. I ran the boat today in 2 different runs. After the second run motor temp was 121. I have one rudder with cooling just to the motor and the other rudder with cooling to the esc. I also noticed today after my runs that the flex cable was rubbing the stuffing tube just past the collet due to me not have the motor aligned properly.

Nice boats. Is the cat a Genesis? I just bought the Apparition from HK and waiting for it to come in.

100_0213.jpg100_0217.jpgProblems begin
    servo does not work
    esc does not work for high volt cutoff and cutoff type ldle, (can not be programmed with programming card)

impulse31 v2 a.jpg
    Impulse 31 v2 improved
    The problem was the color. I change the color and no more problems LOL…..
    -Battery 5S 4000 mAh 40C
    -Propeller (Battery 5S, motor timing LOW)
    42x55 45.4 mph
    M445 46.3 mph
    42x55 the tongue removed 47.2 mph (timing high 8% more speed and Amp)
    M445 reduced to 42mm diameter 50.8 mph (timing high 8% more speed and Amp)
    -Cooling hose 1/4x .170 O.DxI.D
    -Connector 4mm Gold battery
    -ESC front, more weight to the front, batteries more near the CG
    -CG 30 % 8” ¾ or 9”
    -Improves cooling system
    -The antenna of de other side
    -Reinforcement of the hull and hatch cover with fiberglass and resin
    -Modify the original turn fins
    - flex shaft (Miss Geico)
    -Adjustable trim tabs
    -Homemade bushing
    -Hatch lock
    -The stock 1800KV motor and ESC 80 Amp (only 5s)
    -weight of the boat 4 ½ pounds without battery, with battery 5 ¼ pounds
    Manny

Default esc

My dynamite ESC went up in flames today on the 3rd run.
    I turned it on and up in smoke it went. The program card will not work on the ESC as well.