Thread: what size do I build this boat 1/12 scale fe class

Default what size do I build this boat 1/12 scale fe class

I have the plans for the 1982 oh boy oberto hydro from Dave Frank U 55 hull . The scale is 1 to 1 to it seems I can build it to what ever size I want but I would want the right size to run it in the fe class along with to ul1 and I have one what is always up
    side down .I would be using all the hardware from this hull other than flex drive .Any help would greatly appreciated

Thanks Donf

Depends in the club if they will let you run it or not.
    Most clubs I know of only let UL, Elam or Miss Vegas hulls run.
    Would be neat to have some non rtr boats out there.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

The Oberto may not be the best race boat with today's power. I raced against them when they were designed and they had plenty of lift for the heavy cells and low power we had back then. It would have too much lift today without mods to reduce lift.

It would be legal though, most clubs I know allow any NAMBA-legal hull to race. A few do limit racers to RTR hulls, too bad for them IMO.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Yes I agree most of the old plans do not work with today's setup if built per plans.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Any idea's just don't like that ul1 hull every time I look at it there's a another bump it built to light I guess and it already has to much lift

I've still got one of those. Flies like a kite.

If you're looking to build consider one othe ML boatworks hulls. He's done the hard part by engineering and laser cutting the frames. Not sure if they come with skins. Might be available either way. You can throw Aquacraft gear right in one.

ok thanks I am looking in to it

Whiplash is another well proven hydro kit, building one now, beautifully laser cut, includes the skins, a buddy is waiting for his ML sport hydro to arrive to begin his build so no kit comparison just yet.
    The Whip kit pretty much falls together.
    Sorry no pictures of the build, I'm not one to do build threads. Enough people have already built them and done the build threads. LOL I don't even have pictures of my finished boats!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?