Thread: Mystic bushing

Default Mystic bushing

would someone plz help me im not sure which strut bushing is needed for the mystic the one i have is needed to be replaced thanks

Just went through this and discussed in another Proboat forum. Darin Jordan provided some input and his recommendation. You will need to trim the bushings he recommended or ream out the strut a little deeper. I trimmed the bushing, since that was easier for me to do on a small lathe. Here is the link: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...1-RTR-V2/page3 If that link doesn't work, go to the Proboat Impulse 31 Deep Vee Q&A forum, Proboat Impulse 31 RTR V2 thread, towards the middle/bottom of page 3. The metal prop (especially the stock prop in its "as supplied - not very balanced" form, on the Mystic) can be pretty tough on the aft most strut bushing, and wears it out, rather quickly, from what I experienced. I have since replaced that specific prop. I bought an extra one because the one on the boat, as supplied, was not bored in the center of the hub, and was really trying my patience, trying to balance it. The new one I bought, the same PRB 4019 prop, was much better and only took about an hour to balance, near perfect. You can see my posts and Darin's responses/recommendations. I got some of the bushings he recommended and installed one on my strut, but I have not run the boat since, and it will probably be spring 2013 before I run it again.

Hope this helps,
    Bob

so do i need to get the old bushing out and installl those little bushings that he uses

what about a new strut that has a replaceable bushing cause i cannot get this bushing out other than drilling it out

would this strut work on my mystic measurements are very close http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=ose-80975

Yes, you need to get the old worn one out. We got mine out with a little heat (from an electric heat gun) and pushed it out with a small punch. It didn't seem to be in there extremely tight, but who knows what tolerances they hold (or don't hold ). The strut you had in your link looks good, but I have not tried one. The bushings are $6 and you have to do some work, so, for $15, might be worth it to try. If you do try it ... please let me know if it works (so I can buy a couple for our boats, too!!).

Thanks,
    Bob

yep i have heated this thing beat on it with a punch and it has not moved a mm so far guess i will have to drill or just get a better strut do u think the one in my above thread would work bob

Mystic strut looks to be 1.375" from fwd edge of mounting hole to end that fits in stuffing box. One in the link appears to be about .85" from fwd side of mounting hole to end that fits in stuffing box, scaling from the grid in the photo ... may be a little short, but maybe worth a try.

Stock struts from PB are on back order .... have been on back order since beginning of Oct and arrival date keeps moving out.

Yes i have been trying to find one but cant ive got yo find something that will work will a mg strut fit the mystic

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Im Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What You Understand

Strut is the same part number as MG29 and BJ29.

yep i saw that thanks for ur help