Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting married today

Default Getting married today

Well I'm getting married today any advise?

Don't do it! Once you say I DO they say not any more.

Really, I married a NUN, NUN in the morning and nun at night.
    marrige is like building a boat, it takes time and patience to get it right, and when it is its perfect, congrats, !!!!

Enjoy you're day,My wedding day was spectacular!!! After that was good too.Though I am divorced now. Stay true and best friends and not like your average television sitcom.

Don't drink too much, in ten years time you will want to remember tonight with utmost clarity.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Don't eat the wedding cake!

A dietitian was once addressing a large audience in Chicago.“The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks erode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. Vegetables can be disastrous and none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water.”“But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have or will eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?”A 75-year-old man in the front row stood up and said, “Wedding cake?”
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

just make sure your prop shaft gets plenty of lube and all will be good

Man you guys are so..... not even sure I can find a word for it...

Paul, Congrats! What advice could anyone give... One of the best days of your life! It is/was for me. I still get a great feeling every time i see our wedding pics and think back. And the memories... Just enjoy it with your "soon to be" wife. And don't smash the cake into her face....unless she starts it.

You going on a honeymoon?

Yeah, and about drinking too much... My wife and i were pretty sober. Our guest on the other hand... Not so much! Funny thing, we had so much fun, we neither felt like eating or drinking much till after all the partying.

But again, awesome... and congrats again!!!

Best wishes for a great life together. Sunday the 28th is our 23rd wedding anniversary.
    Best advice I can give
    -don't tell here how much your toys cost
    -get good at saying "yes dear"

Quote Originally Posted by marko500 View Post
    Best advice I can give
    -don't tell here how much your toys cost
    THAT I can say is GREAT advice!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-UNIT View Post
    Really, I married a NUN, NUN in the morning and nun at night.
    marrige is like building a boat, it takes time and patience to get it right, and when it is its perfect, congrats, !!!!
    Then you crash it or hit something and you have to build it all over again or give up the whole thing.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SirBudman32 View Post
    Don't do it! Once you say I DO they say not any more.
    Correct!! You are better off dating for life and just living together! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAccord View Post
    Then you crash it or hit something and you have to build it all over again or give up the whole thing.....LOL
    Hey,get outta my head.LOL

Best wishes Paul........really.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Scary true ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    OR OR I guess you can always go buy another one!!!

First dibs when you start selling off your boats....best of luck with that. Kidding...

Get that first one over with at a young age....then move on to the real thing !

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    We onto RTR's?

Best of everything for you and your partner !!

( is it correct to ask a missus or a buddy , eh ? )
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Nevermind, its too late. Sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Congrats again Paul!
    Go Fast...Turn Right...

Doby, bang on did that twice and now live alone and love it. I can fart when I want too
    and I can watch all sports on the telly

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 10-27-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Congratulations, my wife and I just got back from myrtle beach for one year anniversary. Live everyday like the first time u seen her. PS the lady has to be happy or ur life will be hell lol again congratulations

Congrats!
    All kidding aside, the one rule I have obseved and adhere to is , Get all your RC hobby items in similar color!!!!!!
    At least show the ones in similar color first, trust me, after the 20th item, she won't know or remember any more.
    Unlike my very limited knowledge with FE, the above experiment/technique is from first hand experience.

The day was a whirlwind, couldn't believe it was over. Didn't drink too much, ate enough and actually got to enjoy the dinner leftovers today. Turned out amazing.

We did these wedding Mad libs, seemed like half of them told me to get good at rubbing her feet. My brother (best man) called me out on having boats shipped to my moms house during his speech.

We've been living with each other for the past 2 years so we at least know what each other is about. Obviously there's the possibility of either of us changing but only time will tell.

Honeymoon is happening in November and we are going to Costa Rica, should be fun times.

Thank you all for the comments.

Now for some real advise .

Do yourselves a favor and get separate bank accounts and agree to split bills fairly and make sure you both enjoy some of the money you both work hard for and not control the others finances , You can't take it with you so enjoy each others company and do the things you want to do and dream of , You don't want to think back 20 years from now and wish that you did . I buy whatever I want and extend the same courtesy to my wife , If she doesn't have enough I do everything I can to make it happen for her and she does the same for me .

My dads advice to me was when you date a girl take a good look at the mother - When I asked why he told me thats what your going to be F*****g 25 years from now..... So you had better get it right

Congradulations
    Last edited by Punisher 67; 10-28-2012 at 02:06 AM.
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher 67 View Post
    Now for some real advise .

Do yourselves a favor and get separate bank accounts and agree to split bills fairly and make sure you both enjoy some of the money you both work hard for and not control the others finances , You can't take it with you so enjoy each others company and do the things you want to do and dream of , You don't want to think back 20 years from now and wish that you did . I buy whatever I want and extend the same courtesy to my wife , If she doesn't have enough I do everything I can to make it happen for her and she does the same for me .

My dads advice to me was when you date a girl take a good look at the mother - When I asked why he told me thats what your going to be F*****g 25 years from now..... So you had better get it right

Congradulations
    Correct. Every word is true.

Congrats Paul,

So watch boats you selling first ?

Dibs on the tug.

Young King Arthur was ambushed and imprisoned by the monarch of a neighboring kingdom. The monarch could have killed him but was moved by Arthur's youth and ideals. So, the monarch offered him his freedom, as long as he could answer a very difficult question. Arthur would have a year to figure out the answer and, if after a year, he still had no answer, he would be put to death.

The question?...What do women really want?

Such a question would perplex even the most knowledgeable man, and to young Arthur, it seemed an impossible query. But, since it was better than death, he accepted the monarch's proposition to have an answer by year's end.
    He returned to his kingdom and began to poll everyone: the princess, the priests, the wise men and even the court jester. He spoke with everyone, but no one could give him a satisfactory answer.
    Many people advised him to consult the old witch, for only she would have the answer.
    But the price would be high; as the witch was famous throughout the kingdom for the exorbitant prices she charged.
    The last day of the year arrived and Arthur had no choice but to talk to the witch. She agreed to answer the question, but he would have to agree to her price first.
    The old witch wanted to marry Sir Lancelot, the most noble of the Knights of the Round Table and Arthur's closest friend!
    Young Arthur was horrified. The witch was hunchbacked and hideous, had only one tooth, smelled like sewage, made obscene noises, etc. He had never encountered such a repugnant creature in all his life.
    He refused to force his friend to marry her and endure such a terrible burden; but Lancelot, learning of the proposal, spoke with Arthur.
    Lancelot said nothing was too big of a sacrifice compared to Arthur's life and the preservation of the Round Table.
    Hence, a wedding was proclaimed and the witch answered Arthur's question thus:

What a woman really wants, she answered....is to be in charge of her own life.

Everyone in the kingdom instantly knew that the witch had uttered a great truth and that Arthur's life would be spared.
    And so it was, the neighboring monarch granted Arthur his freedom and Lancelot and the witch had a wonderful wedding.
    The honeymoon hour approached and Lancelot, steeling himself for a horrific experience, entered the bedroom. But, what a sight awaited him. The most beautiful woman he had ever seen lay before him on the bed. The astounded Lancelot asked what had happened
    The beauty replied that since he had been so kind to her when she appeared as a witch, she would henceforth, be her horrible deformed self only half the time and the beautiful maiden the other half.
    Which would he prefer? Beautiful during the day....or night?
    Lancelot pondered the predicament. During the day, a beautiful woman to show off to his friends, but at night, in the privacy of his castle, an old witch? Or, would he prefer having a hideous witch during the day, but by night, a beautiful woman for him to enjoy wondrous intimate moments?
    What would YOU do?

Noble Lancelot said that he would allow HER to make the choice herself.
    Upon hearing this, she announced that she would be beautiful all the time because he had respected her enough to let her be in charge of her own life
    Now....what is the moral to this story?

The moral is.....
    If you don't let a woman have her own way....
    Things are going to get ugly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast