Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Michigan Cup 2013 (June 28,29,30)

Boys will be boys!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Terry,

Have you decided on the classes that will be run? I would like to see P Mono or P Offshore.

Not yet Jay. We for sure will have P mono. I would prefer to run P spec offshore and skip P offshore. It's pretty much the same boats.

This race sounds pretty live! I'll try to make it!;

TD lets get goin on the classes and all dat!!!!! need to know if I gotta build anything!!!!!! LOL If Fred finishes my Q-Sport maybe we'll have a little fun in that class!!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Hey Terry any update???

Sorry Mike. MIssed this one.

We've been emailing back n' forth on a number of things for the club and for the Cup race. We have a meeting this Sunday where we should be pinning down our club dates and all the classes for the Michigan Cup. I think you will be pleased. We're making sure to mix in some man sized boat classes. Hope everyone is busy building raceboats. Srping will be here long before we're ready.

Good news..been waiting to see what I need to drag north from Bama...Will be nice to run with the club members I've been hearing so much about from my dad...

John G.
    JOHN A. GROSS
    MILLBROOK, AL
    Crickety Crack Racing Team

p'ching!

Here's the skinny fellas.

Open water on Thursday

Friday
    P Limited OPC
    P Limited Offshore
    Kids Mono (3 rounds)
    Q Sport
    Open Cat (sprint)
    P Mono

Saturday
    P Limited Sport Hydro
    SV27
    Q Offshore
    Kids mono (2 rounds)
    Open Mono
    1/8 Scale (3rounds)

Sunday
    Open hydro
    P Limited Mono (sprint)
    Open Offshore
    P Limited Cat (sprint)
    1/8 Scale (2 rounds)

The pursuit of the Michigan Cup itself will entail forming 3 man teams. Each team member will declare 3 classes as his Cup points classes. No overlap of classes by those team members.

The Elks have decided to sponsor a high points pursuit. They intend to have a permanent trophy for high points that will be displayed at the Elks lodge for years to come. I think they are in it for the long haul. They really dig having us out. Anyway, high points will be calculated the same way the nats high points are. If you win, your name goes on the trophy for eternity. Super cool.

In addition! (I must share cuz I'm a touch fired up) I mentioned the Elks enjoyed our antics. They will have food and beverage available (for purchase) on Friday and Saturday. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Saturday afternoon there will a barbecue vendor on site into the evening. Sunday pancake breakfast by the boy scouts.

But wait! There's more! Saturday after racing......don't head for you hotel yet kids......live band. Still not enough to get you and your family to MI for racing? How about some full on barge lit fire works? It is the Saturday before Independence day after all.

If Ringling Brothers put on a race it might look like this.

Please set aside a section of the pit area for us Kanadians.

The only thing missing from this event is some type of gun activity! This event sounds like a flippin' hoot!!!!!

Well, you'll be missing Dave. Maybe next year.

I haven't kicked the trees too hard yet but I've had some real quality competitors hint that they wanted to come play with us. I hope it all pans out because this we be a fun time even if we didn't race at all.

Hey Terry are we to assume all classes are 4 rounds except where noted 2 and 3???? also looks like a great lineup, I actually have boats for almost every class!!!!! I just gotta choose now!!!????? are you gonna do the online signups with RC racing events??? Terry I sent u a PM

No sir. Sorry for the confusion. It will be on the flier. Classes are 3 rounds unless noted otherwise. We're not racing until dark.

great stuff buddy

Hey Terry what is Kids mono? is that LSO boats or P-mono?

P limited mono. Same as last year.

ok great

Default 3 Rounds

Horray....3 Rounds....peace & tranquility.

Can I hug you now or should I wait till we have a few at the ELKS ?
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Come on, Ken! When are you going to put on your big boy pants?

Sorry Dave. The blistering pace is less than satisfying to some of us. Granted you get to run more times with less boats. That's good if you have to fly in for a race. But if you want to run a lot of boats less times the 4 rounds is a killer. It's tough on the hosts too. It can amount to a 20% increase in heat counts for the day. We want the variety without the chaos. Adds to the show aspect. You kinda have to weigh out who your expecting and make sure everyone is getting something worth coming for. We ran 4 rounds all summer and the guys hated it. I think I've been to 2 nats with 4 rounds. Might have been only one though. It's okay I guess.

For me.........and part of the MI way is to have a race that's more than a race. It's an adventure. It's a spectacle. It's a showcase for a bit of this n' that. It's it's it's IDK.....an event. Sort of like a horrible car crash. You want to look away but you just can't. haha ............should probably switch to decaf this afternoon.

Ken, bring the pole and your disco ball. I'll get Nayman to bring his chaps.

It's Festivus for the rest of us!!!! "I'll get the pole outta the crawl space"!!!!!!!!

T-I know. Just ribbin' Ken. He wouldn't have peace and tranquility if you ran a 1 round race, but it might get him to bed before midnight.

3 rounds or 5 rounds. He's still going to run every class there is. He's the only racer I've ever seen that required a crash helmet. I'm thinking about dropping a turbine fire pump in the drink just in case with him around.

Not to worry Dave. I'll be sure to bust his jewels in your absence. It's a big job but I'm up to it. No free passes here.

Plus, I landed an official contest director last night. Alan Nayman will be our delegated course CD so nobodies jewels will go unscathed.

wow alan nayman!!!!! cant wait to hang w him again!!!!!!

Talked to Nayman last night. I think I have him talked into firing up an 1/8 scale.

The registration is up. Let the beatings begin.

www.rcracingevents.com/

Scroll down to Online Race Entry. She's in there. It's never too early to sign up.

MMEU club members be sure to use the pay by mail option. Your fees will be different than the site tells you they are.

You hosers coming from Kanadia, now's the time to make sure the old passport's in order!

Ehhhh...?

This hoser registered today..... now the passport............ did I do this in the wrong order????

Just read through everything again...Sunday...Open Offshore...could be interesting

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast