Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prop Suggestions - 22.5 Mono

One of the guys I run with has both of them he is working on

I'm working on a Cheetah hull and maybe a rigger over the winter.

I bought a cheap rigger from HK. The fiberglass 31.5 sea arrow. Not the best I'm sure, but good to learn on. Haven't started the build yet.

Friend of mine build the small wood rigger form HK and ran it twice before a radio problem sent it into the rocks ay about 30.

Not much info on the net about the one I bought. That's probably not a good thing but I didn't wnt to spend a lot on my first attempt

There is some on here about. not very positive feed back on it. I was looking at it to till I did some reading on it

Yeah I saw that. But hey, it will be a cheap winter project and a good learning experience

Thats why I think I'm going with the JAE mini sprint, Can build it all for under 150.00

That rigger has lots of info out there. Should be nice

Thats what I'm hoping.

I just ran the Arowana again. Damn thing doesn't want to stay in the water. Goes airborne

Do you have any pics of it?

I do. I will post them

cool, Like to see your lay out of it. I don't have any Pics of mine just video. Have to take some and put up.

I'll take some of mine and put them up in a bit.

Here is a video of wife and daughter running together.

Wow. Wish mine ran like that! Nice job dude!

thanks

Can you get a better pic of that transom area flipped the right way.

The mouting of the strut looks suspect to me. Is it loose? Looks like its pinched on the transom side. Wonder if its moving around on you.

Thats a pretty big motor for a small boat and the Kv is way up there. Try running it on 3s but with a much smaller prop- like a 30-32mm. What prop is on it now? Sounds to me like its a big motor, lots of RPM and to big of a prop to keep it in the water.

Im one of the other guys he runs with and I setup that 22.5". I used the 55mm length 4mm stinger and reamed it for 3.16" lead teflon bushings. Works real slick for $6! :) Fits the smaller boat nicely too.

You can fill those extra holes easily with epoxy and micro balloons and sand smooth.

Maybe Budman can get a picture of the transom and a side view showing stinger.
    Last edited by Basstronics; 10-27-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

I'll post another pic as soon as I can. The bracket mount is pinched. It was like that when I received it from OSE. I should probably returned it to Steve but as usual, wanted to get it running and didn't want to wait another week. It's got a 438 prop on it. Thinking of trying 2s. It is a Leo 2860 3400kv. I emailed OSE and that is motor and strut he suggested???

You bought this boat from Steve @ OSE? Or the strut?

I wont comment more on the strut until there is a better pic, but it appears to not look right.
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

No, not the boat. The motor, strut and drive shaft. I emailed him and told him the hull I had and asked for his suggestion for drive hardware and motor.

A better pic of the strutboat4.JPG

Ya that strut isnt mounted right at all. How the hell is it even mounted? I dont see any screws in the 4 holes to the transom? What are the screws next to it doing? Ive never seen a strut with 4 mounting holes and two ears off the side. I would venture to guess thats a huge part of your problem- setup not done correctly.

Also that front bolt is squishing the angle. That bolt if its not going thru the actual strut is doing absolutely no good.

I would ditch whatever scheme that is. Straighten out that angle. Mount it correctly with the 4 bolt location.

Given the current setup I dont see how it could me mounted solid or reliably...

The mount hSo should I use all six?

Opps on last post. The mount has 6 holes. The two on the side are larger holes which fit the two bolts that came with the mount. The other 4 are smaller. Should I open them up and use bolts on all six? Thanks

Sorry for the posting.
    Last edited by Southwest; 10-28-2012 at 10:13 AM.

That looks like a cast aluminum Octura strut setup, I have one on a small hydo, they are fine mounted by the two ears in a small setup, but that one is messed up, shouldn't be squished together like that, you don't need that one bolt in there at all, it does nothing, you only need the one through the strut.
    You'll have to straighten the one side out, then I'd fill the holes in the hull and mount it with the 4 holes and smaller bolts four 2-56 screws and blind nuts will be fine and fit the holes perfectly if I remember right.
    Be hard to drill correctly on the one side if you decided to use the ears again, too close to the existing hole. Just me but I couldn't have it mounted by the ear on one side and the 2 holes on the other, OCD when it comes to rc boats.
    A bit of work with a file and some wet/dry sandpaper to take off the extra casting flash makes them look a little nicer IMO. Couldn't stand looking at the "knobs" on top of mine.
    Cheers
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast