Thread: Vantex audi r8 catamaran

Default Vantex audi r8 catamaran

I bought some time ago this catamaran: http://www.fuyuanrc.com/detail.asp?id=15703, Someone knows it, there are some reviews on it?

omg that is too funny bro.Its a cartamaran

I remember when this boat was first posted - but I don't know of anyone that has one.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Whoa! Little different twist on the looks................... Big 50 incher too.

If the bottom is up to snuff, its running a 'decent' motor 650kv, it outto go OK. The sponsons and business end dont care that there is a car on top LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

ever noticed that with these boats, they have a picture of the outside of the boat, yet all the inside, or other pics are all generic pics of a compleatly difference boat?

Hi Guys ,

I guess this peculiar looking Cat was developed for those that still want to hold onto their R/C Car Roots !!! Lol

Brad
    Oz
    Roy Cooper's www.fastonwater.co.uk - Where Brittish Raceboat History Comes To Life !!!

Unfortunately, the ARR version has a brushless outrunner 650Kv http://fuyuanrc.com/en/detail.asp?id=16429 by pulling very little indeed accepts up to 7s. Because all the hardware is already in place, I do not want major changes to the hull, so I prepared for this cat a leopard 5692 by 540Kv motor with 10s, then I was advised to start a propeller from 60-62mm and finally found a speed controller HV 280A. We hope that everything will be fine and that I will reach a satisfactory speed!

Lets unwrap her, and have a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=popP_...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by runzwithsizorz View Post
    Does that canopy actually have "ventilation" fins in it?

I had already seen that video, I'd like to see it in action, but probably in the network are not there, oh well I'll set it up when I finish some videos!

Quote Originally Posted by runzwithsizorz View Post
    Thats funny. You realize that video is the gfreakracing guys?

Quote Originally Posted by JESTER View Post
    I had already seen that video, I'd like to see it in action, but probably in the network are not there, oh well I'll set it up when I finish some videos!
    The "out of the box" non upgraded components should perform like this. This is the another fuyuan boat - Aqua Mania knockoff. Same size, same setup except different rudder. And unfortunately a "gfreak racing" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WWMJpivhj4&feature=plcp

Hi Skullcraken I saw that video too, but what is the right setup for my mono motor R8 cat? I think what I indicated above should be good ... hopefully!

Hi kevinpratt823 the canopy has a grid of ventilation, but I wanted to close it because I think that with an electric is better, but since it is only recently that I look into the world of rc boats, clearly accept advice from those who have more experience than me. I think that the air intake is to be left open in the case of a combustion engine ... right?

Hi kevinpratt823 the canopy has a grid of ventilation, but I wanted to close it because I think that with an electric is better, but since it is only recently that I look into the world of rc boats, clearly accept advice from those who have more experience than me. I think that the air intake is to be left open in the case of a combustion engine ... right?
    Yes the vents are for IC, you want it water tight for FE.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Hi Skullcraken I saw that video too, but what is the right setup for my mono motor R8 cat? I think what I indicated above should be good ... hopefully!
    That motor kv is quite low. Your looking to need 12s. Even at 12s you'll only be at 23,976 rpm.

I thought I'd make him run to 10s for the simple fact of adopting propellers from 60mm up!

The other day I finally tested my liner, with the leopard 5692 540kv, a regulator 280A and my 10s 5000mAh, after an attempt by a propeller with 57-60mm could hurt (the propeller is too small for the rating and the weight of the hull), finally mounting a three-blade 67mm i was able to reach 60km.
    The problem is that even though it was all warm and not hot, two parcels marked by ZIPPY 3s swelled dramatically! The battery life also is not the best, I think yes and no 8 minutes. So let me know if you think I could do better using 12s and perhaps increase the capacity of each parcel up to 6000mAh clearly without compromising temperatures.
    PS: after a four five fast laps, I could keep my finger on the motor for 10 seconds and no more (acceptable?)