Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US / Canada relations

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I rarely use the word Hate but, I Hate UPS.

They always tack on at least $40 -$100 to most shipments, the last one I refused because the seller lied saying they shipped it USPS.

Unless there is a funky way to fill out a UPS form which no one so far has figured out, charges will apply.
    i can honestly say that i have never had an unexpected charge from any delivery company
    proboat mystic, preditator outrigger, tt desparado jr, vac-u-vee jr, aqua craft top speed v2, dumas 1/8 scale hydro

Wanted to chime in here. I honestly haven't had any problems the three times I have shipped to Canada. Shipping isn't bad via USPS but I couldn't insure it and I don't like doing that. Also, I don't like filling out the paperwork but Nowadays I don't ship mainly because I am a huge hockey fan and hate the Leafs and Canucks. Sorry Canadian guys, no hard feelings. Lol
    Go Fast...Turn Right...

This $40 "tack on" charge by UPS is what im referring to, what is it.........?.............heck, its more than the postage was to OZ or the Netherlands.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

If you are going to ship from the USA to Canada only use USPS.
    The problem with using UPS to ship to Canada is that our Canadian Government has given UPS the right to charge from $40.00 and up for brokerage fees depending on the value of the package, Then the also add the Duty and Canadian Taxes on top.

I had shipped a motor to CC for a free repair and asked them to return it using USPS, they returned it UPS, When I went to pick it up at the UPS office they wanted $80.00 from me for brokerage, Duty, and Taxes, because CC had insured it for $80.00 the value of a new motor.
    I refused delivery so they sent it back to CC. CC then sent it to me using USPS. No problems.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

I have shipped all over the world using usps. Sometimes packages are delayed a week or 2 as they are routed wrong but I have only had one get lost and that was to someone here in the states.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

The last time I sent something out of the county, i sent a truck to Europe, the price of shipping was more then the item. After two weeks the buyer started a paypal claim saying it had not arrived yet. The tracking I had showed it was sitting somewhere for a while. Well he ended up winning the Paypal claim even though I could prove I shipped it. They gave him the full amount back including the money for shipping. A week or so later the package arrives and they buyer refuses it, so I end have having to pick it up at the post office, they told me I had to pay the price to have the package sent back. So for a $30 truck I was out almost a $100 by the time I was done. I basically paided for shipping 3 times.

Another time a guy in Canada wanted a boat I had and ask how much shipping would be, I quoted a price a few $ higher and said that that would be fine. I took the item to the post office to get an exact cost which ended up being less then what I told him. He said it was cool so I sent him my paypal address, I few days later I had not recived payment and contacted buyer, he said he was no longer interested. I could have sold the item in the states in 10 min.

it all comes down to shipping it with whom ever you decide, i realise that lotts have had bad experiances with shipping companies and some have had bad experiances with your canadian neighbours, witch is a very sad thing, i honestly feel bad as a canadian to know one of my fellow contry men screwed over their us neighbour,, but this does not mean that all canadians are this way most of us are honest people,,, i guess it boils down to if your not interested in selling over the border you could save everyone the headaches and just post that your not willing to sell across the border,, i know if i seen that i wouldnt waste my time on the ad and buy from someone who is more interested in cross border sales,,, again just my .02 again
    proboat mystic, preditator outrigger, tt desparado jr, vac-u-vee jr, aqua craft top speed v2, dumas 1/8 scale hydro

iv shipped all over the world. the last big item i sent went to china.iv never had a prolem shipping i have a problem with the prices.i just wish dhl was still shipping to home adresses.they where great 54 inch hull from mi to fl in 3 days for $22.how can you beat that

Quote Originally Posted by killer501872000 View Post
    iv shipped all over the world. the last big item i sent went to china.iv never had a prolem shipping i have a problem with the prices.i just wish dhl was still shipping to home adresses.they where great 54 inch hull from mi to fl in 3 days for $22.how can you beat that
    Does anyone know if dhl will ship from USA to canada?

ya they do they ship world wide.the last i knew you had to have an acount to ship with them,i havnt used them for some time but that may have changed.
    Last edited by killer501872000; 06-07-2013 at 01:14 PM.

i just looked them up and it looks like there doing door to door agin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12