Thread: Rio ep brushless prop help!!!!

Default Rio ep brushless prop help!!!!

Hello,
    I have a RIO EP that I converted to a brushless setup using a pro boat 1800kv motor with a seaking 120a esc. I plan on running it on 4,5 and 6s. What prop would you guys recommend for me to use with this setup?

Thanks
    Joshua

Hey,

I run 3s on a 2600kv motor and t120 esc with added caps & x440/3 prop and the stock hull can just handle it at 32 mph,

I tried 4s once and was way to much for the boat.

Hears a link to Jesse J Rio and modding and videos. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...IO-EP-Overhaul
    Last edited by lenny; 10-18-2012 at 06:52 AM.

"Rio ep brushless prop help!!!! "

Any more than 4s is just ridiculous................a plastic hull to cram 25 volts into? Your large number of exclaimation points would indicate a real urgency to me............. you got a huge SAW race coming up in the next day or 2? I cant recommend any prop since the whole setup is highly unusual and is way out of any normal realm of standard FE boating............especially for a plastic boat.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    "Rio ep brushless prop help!!!! "

Any more than 4s is just ridiculous................a plastic hull to cram 25 volts into? Your large number of exclaimation points would indicate a real urgency to me............. you got a huge SAW race coming up in the next day or 2? I cant recommend any prop since the whole setup is highly unusual and is way out of any normal realm of standard FE boating............especially for a plastic boat.

I use a Proboat 1500 kv motor with 4s lipo and the stock 42mm prop, it runs pretty well. Remember the hull was designed for a much slower speed threshold. To give you an idea:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCSzh...hannel&list=UL

Thanks Lenny I will check it out.

Hey Make-a-Wake.
    I guess i got carried away with the exclamation marks. Me and some friends did this setup to see what we could get out of this little hull. Had the stuff laying around and wasnt using it so we decided to try it. On 5s with the stock 42mm plastic prop it has a lot of torque roll, so much that it will roll completely over and keep on going lol.

Hey tlandauer. Thanks for the info and video link.

Does anyone know the pitch on the stock prop?

Can't be more than 1.4, that is my guess. of course I have been wrong before.