Thread: 6 beeps when I turn the esc on?

Default 6 beeps when I turn the esc on?

Is the ESC supposed to beep six times EVERY time I turn it on? Thanks in advance, new BJ owner here running 2 x Orien 7.4v 3600 mah 25c

Correct!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply. Both the manual for the boat and ESC have very little info.

However, I did maiden my BlackJack yesterday and was amazed at how fast it was! I got great 15-20 min run times and had a blast tearing the pond up. I did get some h20 inside but I believe it was through the gaping hole for the antenna mast that I didnt cover w/tape. Does everybody usually just tape that hole up too? or use a grommet maybe?

don't know if it will work with bj...but with the super vee a piece of silicon fuel line(approx 1.5") over the antenna straw helps keep the water out.
    rex

Quote Originally Posted by mvpatriot View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Both the manual for the boat and ESC have very little info.

However, I did maiden my BlackJack yesterday and was amazed at how fast it was! I got great 15-20 min run times and had a blast tearing the pond up. I did get some h20 inside but I believe it was through the gaping hole for the antenna mast that I didnt cover w/tape. Does everybody usually just tape that hole up too? or use a grommet maybe?
    I just glued some 3/32 PVC to the bottom side and dilled a new hole to fit one of those screw on antennas. You can get this stuff at most hobby shops. The hole is completely water tight now and I just slip the antenna in and out when I need to.

BlackJack antenna hole 01.jpg BlackJack Antenna hole 02.jpg

If you don't want to get it all purple use CA instead of PVC glue.

Default Antenna hole

Quote Originally Posted by mvpatriot View Post
    thanks for the reply. Both the manual for the boat and esc have very little info.

However, i did maiden my blackjack yesterday and was amazed at how fast it was! I got great 15-20 min run times and had a blast tearing the pond up. I did get some h20 inside but i believe it was through the gaping hole for the antenna mast that i didnt cover w/tape. Does everybody usually just tape that hole up too? Or use a grommet maybe?
    a good grommet to use is harley-davidson p/n 11406 about $4.55
    it will seal the hole well and still be able to use the antenna in the stock position, i use a hot glue gun to seal everything, put the grommet in with the large side to the inside, use glue gun and glue under the edges,
    the boot on the stock antenna will protrude through the center hole.
    Keeping a clean look, then maybe put some tape around the base ,
    this should keep it pretty dry.
    Best bet is to seal the hole completly and relocate antenna.

check post #7 here for antenna mounting...

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=11325
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada