Thread: Minimono Hull Repair Technique

Lightbulb Minimono Hull Repair Technique

After giving my son some boat driving lessons on the Minimono, he managed to crack the hull.
    After going home and thinking about it, I rummaged through the plumbing stuff I have in the Mancave and located Premium ABS cement used for plumbing that I bought from home depot. Using a toothpick as an applicator, I glued the crack and used a couple of elastic bands to keep the crack compressed while it cured.
    Next day I took it back to the pond. 100% watertight. It's not pretty, but very effective and easy.

Sounds good to me..............you sanded any excess goop off the crack right?
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Make-A-Wake

I went easy on the application of cement, so sanding wasn't really needed.

The idea was to have a consistent amount of the cement to make the joint as strong as possible, since the crack wasn't reachable from the inside.

Also, I cemented to slightly beyond the end of the crack to prevent the crack line from growing in the future.

If I could have reached the crack from the inside, I would have cemented from both the interior and exterior and sand to smooth the extrerior.

The good news about the Premium ABS cement is that it is liquid ABS, so when the solvent dries, you have a joint as strong as the original ABS.

Remember to have your work area well ventilated unless you like getting a bit loopy due to solvent fumes...